Your ideal person of the opposite sex

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
WisconsinMan82
Freshman Poster

Your ideal person of the opposite sex

Post by WisconsinMan82 »

I just thought this would be a cool thread, given the general focus of a big part of this forum. It seems like there are a lot of people with a wide variety of tastes: some of us have a thing for blondes, or Asians, or Latinas, or whatever it may be. You can list physical and personality characteristics, as I understand a lot of people would be unlikely to date a 300 lb cow even if her attitude and personality were perfect, and nobody sane would want to go out with a spoiled brat for the sole reason that she's hot. You can even make a list of features or attributes you don't like or find overrated.

To me, this picture of Brazilian volleyball players Maria and Carolina Salgado from 2008 would be the pinnacle of physical beauty. They are 25 and 21 in this picture; 37 and 32 now.

Ideal physical traits:
  • Taller than average female height (which for the USA is 5'4" or 163 cm). I'm 5'6" (168 cm) and don't mind at all if my girl is taller than me; I think I'd prefer it actually if she had a couple of inches on me.
  • Physically fit and takes care of herself. I'm not expecting Olympic athlete caliber of fitness or athleticism, but she shouldn't be anything close to 300 pounds.
  • I can be attracted to women of any race, though my favourite skin tone would be naturally tan; think of the stereotypical (though not necessarily actual) image of people from Spain or Greece.
  • Similarly, I can be attracted to women of any reasonable hair colour (i.e. not freaky dyed colours, no blue or green or bright red or obviously fake blonde). The tall, blonde stereotype associated with Scandinavia can be hugely attractive, as can fair or tan skin with brown hair, or brown or black skin and black hair.
  • I usually don't look at breasts or buttocks, and having gag boobs is a turnoff. I am, however, a leg guy.
  • She should dress and present herself well. Casual clothes are more than acceptable, but it shouldn't look every day like she just rolled out of bed and doesn't care anymore.
  • No gross piercings. Ears are fine, but not nose, eyebrow, mouth, etc.
Ideal attitude and personality traits:
  • Genuinely a kind person and committed to the people she cares about. Not the kind of two-faced or sometimes-nice-sometimes-not that's so common among AWs.
  • Intelligent so we can have conversations on the same level with each other, but not geeky to the point of lacking social skills.
  • Loves adventure and being outside and seeing/doing new things. I want my zest for life to be matched.
  • Fiercely loyal and not promiscuous. Ideally a virgin until marriage, and without 20+ ex-boyfriends.
  • I'm not into PDA, and if my girl was always trying to hold my hand and make out with me in public places, I'd be a bit uncomfortable.
  • Music is important to me, and it's important that we can like or at least tolerate each other's preferred music styles. If she is closed-minded, listens to exclusively trashy rap music, and has never heard of Howard Jones or Sammy Hagar, that to me is often just a sign for other incompatibility.
  • A big one for me: not addicted to her cell phone or other device of that sort. I need to know I'm more important than the randos she's Snapchatting.
  • Has her own opinions about the world, and compatible with mine as well; doesn't just always believe what certain celebrities spout off.
  • Likes me for who I am, not for my money or other such attributes.
Some turn-offs:
  • The entitled, "swipe left if you're under 6' tall or make under $75K" attitude seen so often on dating sites.
  • Looks or personality that are so obviously fake it's not even funny.
  • Inability to think for herself.
  • In general, acting like a spoiled princess.
  • Starting drama at every opportunity over really minor things.
  • Blatant racism, sexism, Nazism, or bigotry. I don't care if it's the white supremacist form of racism or the PC, "white people suck" form of racism; it's still racism.
  • Having an ulterior motive. Don't try acting like my friend if you have no interest in being my friend. Don't be a gold-digger and just use me for money.
  • Being really overweight and proud of it/making no effort to change.
I know my list of ideal traits is a pipe dream here in the US, but I can dream... This isn't supposed to be an advice thread, just for people to post their tastes in the opposite sex!
5/13/2024
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Your ideal person of the opposite sex

Post by gsjackson »

It's much simpler for me. With age come clarity and focus:

https://www.facebook.com/anna.konergina.5

But hold on to all your ideals as long as you can.
WisconsinMan82
Freshman Poster

Post by WisconsinMan82 »

gsjackson wrote:
July 22nd, 2020, 9:04 am

What country is she from? I'm not a fan of the bright red hair or the gag boobs, but to each his own!
5/13/2024
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

WisconsinMan82 wrote:
July 22nd, 2020, 4:21 pm
gsjackson wrote:

What country is she from? I'm not a fan of the bright red hair or the gag boobs, but to each his own!
Ukraine. I think they might be real. If not, she's no longer the ideal.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

WisconsinMan82 wrote:
July 22nd, 2020, 4:46 am
I just thought this would be a cool thread, given the general focus of a big part of this forum. It seems like there are a lot of people with a wide variety of tastes: some of us have a thing for blondes, or Asians, or Latinas, or whatever it may be. You can list physical and personality characteristics, as I understand a lot of people would be unlikely to date a 300 lb cow even if her attitude and personality were perfect, and nobody sane would want to go out with a spoiled brat for the sole reason that she's hot. You can even make a list of features or attributes you don't like or find overrated.

To me, this picture of Brazilian volleyball players Maria and Carolina Salgado from 2008 would be the pinnacle of physical beauty. They are 25 and 21 in this picture; 37 and 32 now.

Ideal physical traits:
  • Taller than average female height (which for the USA is 5'4" or 163 cm). I'm 5'6" (168 cm) and don't mind at all if my girl is taller than me; I think I'd prefer it actually if she had a couple of inches on me.
  • Physically fit and takes care of herself. I'm not expecting Olympic athlete caliber of fitness or athleticism, but she shouldn't be anything close to 300 pounds.
  • I can be attracted to women of any race, though my favourite skin tone would be naturally tan; think of the stereotypical (though not necessarily actual) image of people from Spain or Greece.
  • Similarly, I can be attracted to women of any reasonable hair colour (i.e. not freaky dyed colours, no blue or green or bright red or obviously fake blonde). The tall, blonde stereotype associated with Scandinavia can be hugely attractive, as can fair or tan skin with brown hair, or brown or black skin and black hair.
  • I usually don't look at breasts or buttocks, and having gag boobs is a turnoff. I am, however, a leg guy.
  • She should dress and present herself well. Casual clothes are more than acceptable, but it shouldn't look every day like she just rolled out of bed and doesn't care anymore.
  • No gross piercings. Ears are fine, but not nose, eyebrow, mouth, etc.
Ideal attitude and personality traits:
  • Genuinely a kind person and committed to the people she cares about. Not the kind of two-faced or sometimes-nice-sometimes-not that's so common among AWs.
  • Intelligent so we can have conversations on the same level with each other, but not geeky to the point of lacking social skills.
  • Loves adventure and being outside and seeing/doing new things. I want my zest for life to be matched.
  • Fiercely loyal and not promiscuous. Ideally a virgin until marriage, and without 20+ ex-boyfriends.
  • I'm not into PDA, and if my girl was always trying to hold my hand and make out with me in public places, I'd be a bit uncomfortable.
  • Music is important to me, and it's important that we can like or at least tolerate each other's preferred music styles. If she is closed-minded, listens to exclusively trashy rap music, and has never heard of Howard Jones or Sammy Hagar, that to me is often just a sign for other incompatibility.
  • A big one for me: not addicted to her cell phone or other device of that sort. I need to know I'm more important than the randos she's Snapchatting.
  • Has her own opinions about the world, and compatible with mine as well; doesn't just always believe what certain celebrities spout off.
  • Likes me for who I am, not for my money or other such attributes.
Some turn-offs:
  • The entitled, "swipe left if you're under 6' tall or make under $75K" attitude seen so often on dating sites.
  • Looks or personality that are so obviously fake it's not even funny.
  • Inability to think for herself.
  • In general, acting like a spoiled princess.
  • Starting drama at every opportunity over really minor things.
  • Blatant racism, sexism, Nazism, or bigotry. I don't care if it's the white supremacist form of racism or the PC, "white people suck" form of racism; it's still racism.
  • Having an ulterior motive. Don't try acting like my friend if you have no interest in being my friend. Don't be a gold-digger and just use me for money.
  • Being really overweight and proud of it/making no effort to change.
I know my list of ideal traits is a pipe dream here in the US, but I can dream... This isn't supposed to be an advice thread, just for people to post their tastes in the opposite sex!
That seems to eliminate most women in world. Some are better than others, but most women seem to be afflicted with at least a few of these characteristics.

The ideal woman does not even exist. If you think she does, wait about a decade and you will know what I am referring to. As I got older, I only have about 3 non-negotiables and I let the chips fall where they may.
Neo
Junior Poster

Post by Neo »

Photoshop.
Prudence is the knowledge of things to be sought, and those to be shunned.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Wiscy's list above makes me think of a bit of dialogue I've employed occasionally (well, twice) that some might find useful when women ask your age or some similarly accusatory question designed to put you into a category of undesirables. I respond: "What are you, some sort of checklist princess? I want some numbers, buster, and they'd better be right. Age, height, weight, IQ, SAT scores, current income, projected income five ten and twenty years from now, zip code. If I don't like what I hear this conversation is over."

That will throw them off a bit. But be aware, if you do get an accusatory question like that early on you probably don't want to continue the conversation anyway. My experience has been, almost uniformly, that classy women will not ask your age, apparently considering it impolite. It's almost always the tarts who do, ones concerned about their own (not so graceful) aging.
WisconsinMan82
Freshman Poster

Post by WisconsinMan82 »

gsjackson wrote:
July 22nd, 2020, 9:17 pm
Wiscy's list above makes me think of a bit of dialogue I've employed occasionally (well, twice) that some might find useful when women ask your age or some similarly accusatory question designed to put you into a category of undesirables. I respond: "What are you, some sort of checklist princess? I want some numbers, buster, and they'd better be right. Age, height, weight, IQ, SAT scores, current income, projected income five ten and twenty years from now, zip code. If I don't like what I hear this conversation is over."

That will throw them off a bit. But be aware, if you do get an accusatory question like that early on you probably don't want to continue the conversation anyway. My experience has been, almost uniformly, that classy women will not ask your age, apparently considering it impolite. It's almost always the tarts who do, ones concerned about their own (not so graceful) aging.
I don't see the problem with asking a person's age on a date. If nothing else, it kind of gives a picture of what to expect: "okay, he's 35, so he grew up in the 80s and 90s; probably shouldn't talk too much about Howdy Doody or particular Johnny Mathis songs" type of thing. I know I'm not the best at estimating people's age by looking at them; a lot of people I assume to be "about my age" could really be 13 or 27 because of how much variation there is in how people develop and age. I know it would be a bit creepy for me at this age to start going out with a 27-year-old woman or a 13-year-old girl, and I wouldn't want to be in a relationship with someone and then only find out her extreme age when things get serious.

I wasn't intending this thread to be full of criticism of my ideas, and I'm not looking for advice; I just wanted it to be a "one can only dream" type thought experiment.
Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
July 22nd, 2020, 8:02 pm
That seems to eliminate most women in world. Some are better than others, but most women seem to be afflicted with at least a few of these characteristics.

The ideal woman does not even exist. If you think she does, wait about a decade and you will know what I am referring to. As I got older, I only have about 3 non-negotiables and I let the chips fall where they may.
I know. You're reading too far into the premise of this thread.
5/13/2024
have2fly
Junior Poster

Post by have2fly »

These average Ukrainian girls are the type of females I like. Note there is no such thing as ideal. These girls are 6 out of 10 in Ukraine, I am fine with that.

Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Lori Lightfoot
Last edited by Moretorque on July 26th, 2020, 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Time to Hide!
hypermak
Experienced Poster

Post by hypermak »

have2fly wrote:
July 25th, 2020, 1:03 pm
This young woman is quite cute :)
hypermak
Experienced Poster

Post by hypermak »

gsjackson wrote:

Your focus is definitely "on target" :D