I no longer wish to travel abroad

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: I no longer wish to travel abroad

Post by yick »

Cornfed wrote:
September 14th, 2020, 3:34 am
yick wrote:
September 14th, 2020, 3:31 am
Because he made a similar post, three years ago. :roll:
So maybe it is still the case.
How can we help him? He is an intelligent functioning adult, how is it our fault he isn't abroad?
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Lot of good advice on this thread, much of it coming from the 'tough love' perspective, and I can see how that might not be fully appreciated by the recipient. If you want to prove to yourself quickly that women in other countries can be quite different, I would suggest going to Brazil. Don't be bashful, because they certainly won't be. I suspect the Philippines is similar -- read some of Ladislav's early posts about first decamping there -- but you'll probably find more beauties -- and booties, if T&A is your thing -- in Brazil.
Ukrainianlover
Freshman Poster

Post by Ukrainianlover »

Everyone tends to think of Canadians as nice and sweet and Saying sorry is what we are all about. Here’s a secret. We are all closet a$$holes up here. One thing I came back with and enjoyed it more then ever was adopting the Ukrainian mindset. When it comes to holding the doors in Ukraine. It’s none existent. Be prepared to have it slammed in your face. I absolutely loved that. It wasn’t shocking to me as I thought.,that’s just the way people are here. Also small talk doesn’t exist over there either. In Canada when we go up to the cashier or grocery store clerk. We ask how is their day going. In Ukraine if you ask that. You get..what’s your business. I love it. It’s real. Up here in Canada it’s fake and I’ve stopped being that way. The other day I was getting gas and the guy across from was filling up his vehicle as well. Ok..here comes the small chat. He said...beautiful day eh..and then asked me how’s she going. I looked at him and rolled my eyes and Ignored him and continued to fill up my car. It was great. Then when I went into the store to pay. A woman was going into the store behind me...Did I hold the door...hahaha..no way. I’m married already to a little rocket. I’m not looking for plus points these days. She gave me a dirty look once inside. I whispered social distancing and nodded my head and went on my merry way. I tried along time ago of being a easy going great guy but it just seemed like a waste. People are just to selfish these days to appreciate anything. So why not use my greatest assets of being an incredible jerk and bless the world of the way these morons act and treat them accordingly.
Light
Freshman Poster

Post by Light »

Ukrainianlover wrote:
September 14th, 2020, 7:26 am
Everyone tends to think of Canadians as nice and sweet and Saying sorry is what we are all about. Here’s a secret. We are all closet a$$holes up here. One thing I came back with and enjoyed it more then ever was adopting the Ukrainian mindset. When it comes to holding the doors in Ukraine. It’s none existent. Be prepared to have it slammed in your face. I absolutely loved that. It wasn’t shocking to me as I thought.,that’s just the way people are here. Also small talk doesn’t exist over there either. In Canada when we go up to the cashier or grocery store clerk. We ask how is their day going. In Ukraine if you ask that. You get..what’s your business. I love it. It’s real. Up here in Canada it’s fake and I’ve stopped being that way. The other day I was getting gas and the guy across from was filling up his vehicle as well. Ok..here comes the small chat. He said...beautiful day eh..and then asked me how’s she going. I looked at him and rolled my eyes and Ignored him and continued to fill up my car. It was great. Then when I went into the store to pay. A woman was going into the store behind me...Did I hold the door...hahaha..no way. I’m married already to a little rocket. I’m not looking for plus points these days. She gave me a dirty look once inside. I whispered social distancing and nodded my head and went on my merry way. I tried along time ago of being a easy going great guy but it just seemed like a waste. People are just to selfish these days to appreciate anything. So why not use my greatest assets of being an incredible jerk and bless the world of the way these morons act and treat them accordingly.
Ukraine is on my list of destinations to go for girls. Would you be okay with me asking some questions about Ukraine?

I can PM you my questions if other users don't want this thread to begin to go off topic or maybe it would be good for me to ask my questions here so the OP can maybe learn some new things about Ukraine.
Tamingstrange
Freshman Poster

Post by Tamingstrange »

MarcosZeitola wrote:
September 13th, 2020, 11:09 am
Tamingstrange wrote:
September 13th, 2020, 11:03 am
Wow, so you're calling me a loser and telling me to me to kill myself?! While I agree with some of your post, that's extremely out of line. And no, I'm not being "Overly sensitive to constructive criticism." You do not talk to people that way. Plain and simple.
Alright mate, I understand I took things a little too far there, and if it offended you I'm sorry. That was unfortunate. It's just a bit frustrating to see you get so demotivated merely from reading the experiences of others, to the point where you no longer feel like even trying. You've been here for a while. Saved up quite a bit of money. I saw you posting a video once of yourself acting; you're a decent looking fellow, not some Orc from the Lord of the Rings looking monstrosity. You're obviously bright. You write well enough, you have potential. For many women in less blessed nations, down on their luck, you're a gift sent from Heaven. You're a catch. You may not feel like a catch now, but you are. You read too much bullshit online about chads and incels and gibberish like that. It gets to you. Rots your psyche. Try not to read that shit. Elvis had it right. A little less conversation, brother, a little more action please.

You have never gone abroad. You do have budget to do so. Have you tried talking to some ladies abroad? Looked into vacations you might book? It's been long enough. The clock ticks. The world is going to shit. And the least you could do is try and squeeze a little enjoyment out of it. You got this. You know you got this. I'm not sure what is holding you back. You could fail. It could backfire. But at least you'd be an experience richer. There's a risk involved in every choice we make. But inaction is a p***y choice. And p***y choices never get you anywhere.
Thanks. I totally understood the gist of your post. You're telling me that I'm not doing myself any favors by just sitting around and feeling sorry for myself. If I have a problem, I need to do something about it and fix it. I completely agree with that.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

Tamingstrange wrote:
September 14th, 2020, 9:22 pm
Thanks. I totally understood the gist of your post. You're telling me that I'm not doing myself any favors by just sitting around and feeling sorry for myself. If I have a problem, I need to do something about it and fix it. I completely agree with that.
My problem with your post goes a little beyond just merely your lack of activity. Your justification, too, is based on a false assumption. You assume, based on some posts from our forum's resident Negative Nancies, that 'there are no good people in the world', that while Americans may be particularly bad, 'people everywhere are equally bad'. There are no good people in the world, you said...

You cannot know this. Could not possibly know this, unless you went abroad and felt the vibes, met the people. I've been living around rather lovely people for quite some years now. Hell even growing up in my home country in Europe prior to going abroad, I still did not feel surrounded solely by "horrible people". An awful culture, sure, in many ways. But not horrible people. And I felt a need to get out, to explore. I did that. And it enriched my life beyond belief.

Now you justify your inaction on the basis of a false premise. On the basis of other people's experiences, people you never met, who had those experiences in places you never visited. And you were affected by their negativity so badly that it stops you from trying? This ain't it, chief. I'm not saying this world is all sunshine and rainbows. But there are beautiful places under the sun. Beautiful towns and villages and cities and far-flung provinces in faraway lands with cultures unlike the ones you and I grew up in... and naturally, the people are different. The girls are different. The very pace and intensity of life itself in those places is different. There's beauty in this world.

I know about beauty because my life is surrounded with beauty. Beauty in nature, beauty in friendship, beauty in the marriage of my wife and I and our beautiful children. For some, life is miserable. For some, life is beautiful. Some cups half empty, some cups half full. But you'll never know what's in the cup if you never have a look, and you'll never know what it tastes like if you never have a sip.

Do not let the negativity of worthless people nip your enthusiasm in the bud. And don't allow it to cheat you out of a chance to carve a little slice of happiness out for yourself in this world. And if you have a personality that is hesitant, overly careful, scared... don't let confirmation bias be your crutch and allow you to conclude 'it's all hopeless anyway', and live your life accordingly with all the doom and gloom that comes with such a mindset. Think about it. There are risks in all the things we do. But there can be great rewards, too, for those daring to reach for their dreams.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
suprmon
Freshman Poster

Post by suprmon »

Tamingstrange wrote:
September 11th, 2020, 1:26 am
I'm sorry, this post isn't very well written

I'm not going to soft soap this. I hate America and most Americans. To me, Americans are complete scum of the earth. They're selfish, rude, obnoxious, phony, shallow, egotistical, morally bankrupt, callous, sociopathic, materialistic and vapid, unfeeling and just plain rotten. They don't value family and friends and lack humanity. When I look at most of them, when I look at their eyes, I can see there is nothing behind them. They are empty, hallow shells of human beings. It makes my skin crawl.

Spending my whole life living amongst such people, seeing them on the media has completely taken it's toll on me. I've lived a life of crippling loneliness and misery. Such an environment has left me jaded, angry, extremely bitter. It has left me a broken and suicidal person.

Initially when I came across this site and it's forums, I saw it as a blessing. It felt great to know that there where other people who've had the same experiences and felt the same way that I did. It made me realize that I wasn't crazy. That I wasn't the problem, America was. It was great to know that the US of Gay and the Anglosphere didn't represent the rest of the world. That most other countries had people who were friendly, humble, honest, genuine, moral, and kind hearted. It came as a great relief to know the possibility of a happier and healthier life abroad. That I could go to places were I wouldn't be hated for my gender and actually connect with people. I actually began saving money to travel and finally get away from this toxic hell hole. I've managed to save several thousands of dollars.

But over time, my feelings began to change. Reading numerous threads on this forum over the past few years gradually sapped my anticipation of going overseas. Countless times expats have posted thier negative opinions on other countries and I've eventually came away from them with this realization: The people abroad are just as horrible as America. That there are no good people in the world. Regardless of what country you go to, it's all the same: HORRIBLE.

So I've ultimately decided that traveling abroad would just be a huge waste of my time and money. What's the point? Same shit, different country. I've come to the conclusion that good people and good societies just don't exist and no matter where I go, I'll never find peace or happiness. I've pretty much lost all hope.
I don't blame you! Anyone that believes there's such a thing as a country with friendly open people also must believe in sugar plum fairies! The old proverb "the grass is greener on the other side" would be appropriate here! People all over the world have their own everyday challenges just like here in America and for most countries even worse, so they don't have the capacity to be welcoming to foreigners in their own land. In some countries the natives can be downright hostile to foreigners! And this idea that women in other countries are so much more genuine than American women is just an illusion! All females no matter what country (or planet for the matter), are hard wired for the same thing: resources, youth and good looks and that will never change. Women love oppotunistically;  men love idealistically! Travel is not a "one size fits all". Even though it may work out great for some, for others traveling could be a disaster! So in my opinion, I think travelling is overrated!
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

suprmon wrote:
September 15th, 2020, 12:28 am
I don't blame you! Anyone that believes there's such a thing as a country with friendly open people also must believe in sugar plum fairies! The old proverb "the grass is greener on the other side" would be appropriate here! People all over the world have their own everyday challenges just like here in America and for most countries even worse, so they don't have the capacity to be welcoming to foreigners in their own land. In some countries the natives can be downright hostile to foreigners! And this idea that women in other countries are so much more genuine than American women is just an illusion!
If a man is unhappy in his home country, he feels his life is going nowhere and the culture in which he lives does not agree with him, what are his alternatives? Travel might not instantly make him happier, and a lot of it depends on the type of man and the attitude with which he enters the world around him. But if a man isn't happy as it is, what does he have to lose? At best he does find what he was looking for, fill that void, and he will be a richer man for it. At worst, he doesn't find what he hoping to find, but he's an experience richer.

They say never change a winning team. But a losing team? By all means, switch it up. Any good coach knows this. Try to keep what works, and rid yourself of what doesn't.
suprmon wrote:
All females no matter what country (or planet for the matter), are hard wired for the same thing: resources, youth and good looks and that will never change. Women love oppotunistically;  men love idealistically!
Perhaps, but say you're a not particularly bright, wealthy or good looking man from a Western country. You may find an average or below average woman back home. She'll demand more of you, she will want a better income, a better house, a better school for the kids... she'll want to impress her friends, her relatives... and what you have, it does not impress her much. You have to keep upgrading.

Now picture a country where you already are the 'above average' guy. You're taller than the locals. You're richer than the locals. Hell, you're even smarter, in some ways, although you're still not accustomed to every aspect of their culture, you can learn, you can adapt. You're now a man at an advantage. Sure, women may have a hypergamous nature, but by virtue of this, you make youself more attractive simply by moving to another pond where the fish bite more ferociously and your catch is more impressive almost by default.
suprmon wrote:
Travel is not a "one size fits all". Even though it may work out great for some, for others traveling could be a disaster! So in my opinion, I think travelling is overrated!
ANYTHING you do could be a disaster. But men who are so risk-averse they live their whole life centered around avoiding potential risks, are miserable men who grow old sad and lonely, regretting their life choices, or lack thereof. They find themselves on their deathbed one day, regretting not the things they did, but the many, many things they failed to do out of fear for 'something going wrong'. Our time in life is finite. We cannot let our fears get the better of us and cripple us into inactivity. Because the clock keeps ticking, years pass by faster and faster, and one day it'll all be over. There are no do-overs.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
WorldTraveler
Experienced Poster

Post by WorldTraveler »

Yohan wrote:
September 11th, 2020, 10:19 pm
viewtopic.php?style=1&f=3&t=35905

You started a similar thread about 2 years ago, now it is time for you to do something about it. Don't waste your time. I never regretted my trips to Asia... regardless if Iran, India, Philippines, Japan....
I don't think I've ever regretted any trip I ever took anywhere. Even if all I did was discover that I don't want to go there again. What I do regret is sitting home on my ass doing nothing.

@Tamingstrange Get off your ass and go somewhere. Have you ever talked to a psychologist about your problems?
suprmon
Freshman Poster

Post by suprmon »

MarcosZeitola wrote:
September 15th, 2020, 9:57 pm
suprmon wrote:
I don't blame you! Anyone that believes there's such a thing as a country with friendly open people also must believe in sugar plum fairies! The old proverb "the grass is greener on the other side" would be appropriate here! People all over the world have their own everyday challenges just like here in America and for most countries even worse, so they don't have the capacity to be welcoming to foreigners in their own land. In some countries the natives can be downright hostile to foreigners! And this idea that women in other countries are so much more genuine than American women is just an illusion!
If a man is unhappy in his home country, he feels his life is going nowhere and the culture in which he lives does not agree with him, what are his alternatives? Travel might not instantly make him happier, and a lot of it depends on the type of man and the attitude with which he enters the world around him. But if a man isn't happy as it is, what does he have to lose? At best he does find what he was looking for, fill that void, and he will be a richer man for it. At worst, he doesn't find what he hoping to find, but he's an experience richer.

They say never change a winning team. But a losing team? By all means, switch it up. Any good coach knows this. Try to keep what works, and rid yourself of what doesn't.
suprmon wrote:
All females no matter what country (or planet for the matter), are hard wired for the same thing: resources, youth and good looks and that will never change. Women love oppotunistically;  men love idealistically!
Perhaps, but say you're a not particularly bright, wealthy or good looking man from a Western country. You may find an average or below average woman back home. She'll demand more of you, she will want a better income, a better house, a better school for the kids... she'll want to impress her friends, her relatives... and what you have, it does not impress her much. You have to keep upgrading.

Now picture a country where you already are the 'above average' guy. You're taller than the locals. You're richer than the locals. Hell, you're even smarter, in some ways, although you're still not accustomed to every aspect of their culture, you can learn, you can adapt. You're now a man at an advantage. Sure, women may have a hypergamous nature, but by virtue of this, you make youself more attractive simply by moving to another pond where the fish bite more ferociously and your catch is more impressive almost by default.
suprmon wrote:
Travel is not a "one size fits all". Even though it may work out great for some, for others traveling could be a disaster! So in my opinion, I think travelling is overrated!
ANYTHING you do could be a disaster. But men who are so risk-averse they live their whole life centered around avoiding potential risks, are miserable men who grow old sad and lonely, regretting their life choices, or lack thereof. They find themselves on their deathbed one day, regretting not the things they did, but the many, many things they failed to do out of fear for 'something going wrong'. Our time in life is finite. We cannot let our fears get the better of us and cripple us into inactivity. Because the clock keeps ticking, years pass by faster and faster, and one day it'll all be over. There are no do-overs.
Again as I said this is a matter of what works for the individual. Everyone has a choice of either flying by the seat of their pants, or playing it safe, the choice is yours! There is absolutely nothing wrong with a person "playing it safe". History has countless examples of successful ppl playing it safe! Many people do not have the capacity to make the changes in their lives they would like, so for them it's not so easy "take that leap of faith". It's not going to be so terrible if one misses that "opportunity of a lifetime"! After all, not everyone can do everything they'd like in there lives! For many, security is the only thing some people have! So If you're a "maverick" and want to bet your last dollar on a long shot that's you're choice, but no one should be pressured into losing what may be impossible to replace!
Preacher
Freshman Poster

Post by Preacher »

Tamingstrange wrote:

I'm not going to soft soap this. I hate America and most Americans. To me, Americans are complete scum of the earth. They're selfish, rude, obnoxious, phony, shallow, egotistical, morally bankrupt, callous, sociopathic, materialistic and vapid, unfeeling and just plain rotten. They don't value family and friends and lack humanity. When I look at most of them, when I look at their eyes, I can see there is nothing behind them. They are empty, hallow shells of human beings. It makes my skin crawl.

Spending my whole life living amongst such people, seeing them on the media has completely taken it's toll on me. I've lived a life of crippling loneliness and misery. Such an environment has left me jaded, angry, extremely bitter. It has left me a broken and suicidal person.

Initially when I came across this site and it's forums, I saw it as a blessing. It felt great to know that there where other people who've had the same experiences and felt the same way that I did. It made me realize that I wasn't crazy. That I wasn't the problem, America was. It was great to know that the US of Gay and the Anglosphere didn't represent the rest of the world. That most other countries had people who were friendly, humble, honest, genuine, moral, and kind hearted. It came as a great relief to know the possibility of a happier and healthier life abroad. That I could go to places were I wouldn't be hated for my gender and actually connect with people. I actually began saving money to travel and finally get away from this toxic hell hole. I've managed to save several thousands of dollars.

But over time, my feelings began to change. Reading numerous threads on this forum over the past few years gradually sapped my anticipation of going overseas. Countless times expats have posted thier negative opinions on other countries and I've eventually came away from them with this realization: The people abroad are just as horrible as America. That there are no good people in the world. Regardless of what country you go to, it's all the same: HORRIBLE.

So I've ultimately decided that traveling abroad would just be a huge waste of my time and money. What's the point? Same shit, different country. I've come to the conclusion that good people and good societies just don't exist and no matter where I go, I'll never find peace or happiness. I've pretty much lost all hope.
We are living in the end times. This is a TRASH generation! Lawless, violent, soulless, and selfish. We are living in times exactly as prophecised in 2 Timothy;

In the last days, terrible times will come. For people will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, arrogant, greedy, selfish, abusive, disobedient, ungrateful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderous, without self control, brutal, without love for good, traitorous, reckless, destructive, conceited, lovers of sin instead of lovers of God, showing a fake form of Godliness but denying it's power; like fruit trees that don't bear any more fruit.

That is the exact kind of society and world we are living in today! And Winston is right; in the 1980s, people were much friendlier. From the way the world became like this, I wouldn't be surprised if the return of Jesus Christ were no more than maybe 30 years away.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Preacher wrote:
October 12th, 2020, 9:28 pm
Tamingstrange wrote:

We are living in the end times. This is a TRASH generation! Lawless, violent, soulless, and selfish. We are living in times exactly as prophecised in 2 Timothy;

In the last days, terrible times will come. For people will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, arrogant, greedy, selfish, abusive, disobedient, ungrateful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderous, without self control, brutal, without love for good, traitorous, reckless, destructive, conceited, lovers of sin instead of lovers of God, showing a fake form of Godliness but denying it's power; like fruit trees that don't bear any more fruit.

That is the exact kind of society and world we are living in today! And Winston is right; in the 1980s, people were much friendlier. From the way the world became like this, I wouldn't be surprised if the return of Jesus Christ were no more than maybe 30 years away.
The world is what you make it and humans have made it shit, cheer up the mass extinction will take care of the biological investation shortly...
Time to Hide!
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

Tamingstrange wrote:

Shame you stopped responding, mate. Had some stellar advise in here from quite a few well-meaning folks. But you really just came here to bitch and moan, didn't you? Sad. A waste of time on your end, and on whoever responded. :roll:
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

yick wrote:
September 11th, 2020, 4:04 pm
E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:
September 11th, 2020, 3:12 pm
yick wrote:
September 11th, 2020, 7:12 am
.......Women are women everywhere, they like tall, good looking men with money and a career, if you are a short, bald guy with no money and you're boring, getting the women you want is going to be hard but you don't just sit in f***ing Ohio and think 'I won't bother because some chump on 'Happier Abroad' didn't get a supermodel' be a f***ing man about it and make a plan, save some money and go and visit a place you want to see. There aren't enough tall, good looking men with money and career for every woman in the world that wants one so you have a good chance, still!..........
Foul on the fvcking play. In some countries I saw taller women than men and they looked happy unconditionally. Any other inexperiences you care to share?
I bet I know more about everything than you so, f**k off. 8)
Unfettered jackass much?
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:
September 11th, 2020, 3:12 pm
Unfettered jackass much?
Gotta love how perfectly fitting your avatar of Trump flipping people off is. :lol: