Is there anything more stupid than joining the US military?

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Is there anything more stupid than joining the US military?

Post by yick »

If your parents had stayed in Taiwan, Winston, you would have had to have done your 18 month military service. I am sure it would have done you the world of good.

I have to say about the U.S. Military, it gives you the best in benefits - say Angelo wants to go to university, how are you going to pay for him to go? It's going to cost a lot of money so this is where the G.I Bill comes in where he can attend university anywhere on the planet - that alone is worth four years of your life in my opinion.

There's risk, it isn't for everyone and I would go further and say it isn't really for most people but it has changed the life of many young men and women who wouldn't have had a chance otherwise - and it is the most equal opportunities employer in the United States.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Winston wrote:
June 14th, 2020, 4:15 pm
Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
June 14th, 2020, 4:10 pm
Winston wrote:
June 14th, 2020, 3:43 pm
Let's debate the issues.
Debate for what? I have my views on it with myself being a case study, and you have your opinion on it. Again, I just hope your son is more open-minded and less emotionally triggered about the military.

If I debate someone, it will be with someone who basis of knowledge approximates my own. In my first response on this thread, everything I wrote went over your head so you ignored it all and shot off more emotional responses.

From my standpoint, YOU lost.
Nope. YOU LOST because you were cornered by many logical key questions and you FAILED to answer even one of them. That means you got something to hide and the truth is NOT on your side! Anyone can see that you lost in this area. Even though your king is checkmated in chess, you still refuse to admit it, that's your problem. You still lost by the rules. You have nothing to counter any of my good arguments and valid points. Nothing. No counter. All you do is dodge and avoid. That's why you lost. You got no counter. No answer. No argument. Nothing. Thus you lost. It's objective and simple.
O K.....

But anyone with common sense, logic, and reason can see that I am the living, walking embodiment of proof that the military can serve as a springboard to much greater things. But since you can't bring yourself to see that, please go ahead and keep thinking you won something if it makes you feel better.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Cornfed wrote:
June 14th, 2020, 5:22 pm
Without a decent and loyal US Military, hordes of third world savages would be streaming across the southern border unopposed to plunder America’s resources, while the third world savages within the country would be looting and burning with impunity. All hail the US Military for stopping this. Oh wait, that is happening and the US Military isn’t doing jack about it. Worth every penny.
You're getting mixed up. The National Guard protects the US citizens. That's all we need. I am all for a National Guard to defend in the event of invasion or riots that go out of control like this. But I'm talking about a military force that goes overseas and invades other countries under false pretenses and lies. Like in Vietnam and Iraq. That's the kind of thing I'm talking about. Whether American soldiers died for nothing.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

June 14th, 2020, 6:04 pm
O K.....

But anyone with common sense, logic, and reason can see that I am the living, walking embodiment of proof that the military can serve as a springboard to much greater things. But since you can't bring yourself to see that, please go ahead and keep thinking you won something if it makes you feel better.
It's just the truth man. Let me ask you something. Please answer ok? Ok so you've served in the military and have firsthand experience. Nice. So you should be qualified to answer my question then. Here it is.

How exactly do veterans serve their country and protect our freedoms?

I've been asking this for years. No one has an answer to it, because it's something you're never supposed to ask, hence it's a taboo. The slogan "veterans protected our freedoms" is something you are supposed to just accept and repeat with a hive zombie mind. Do you have a zombie hive mind? But no one can answer my question because no one dares ask it, because this is considered something sacred you are not allowed to question.

Can you answer it? Can you give examples of how the US military protects our freedoms and serves the American people? Real legit examples, not BS ones. If you can't, your claim falls like a house of cards. Plain and simple.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

yick wrote:
June 14th, 2020, 5:57 pm
If your parents had stayed in Taiwan, Winston, you would have had to have done your 18 month military service. I am sure it would have done you the world of good.

I have to say about the U.S. Military, it gives you the best in benefits - say Angelo wants to go to university, how are you going to pay for him to go? It's going to cost a lot of money so this is where the G.I Bill comes in where he can attend university anywhere on the planet - that alone is worth four years of your life in my opinion.

There's risk, it isn't for everyone and I would go further and say it isn't really for most people but it has changed the life of many young men and women who wouldn't have had a chance otherwise - and it is the most equal opportunities employer in the United States.
Not really. That was abolished years ago, and there are ways around it.

Sure the US military has some benefits. But many say it's not worth it. Even Mr S who was in the navy says so.

You are assuming that my goal in life is to give my son the best education so he can have the best JOB/CAREER as if the purpose of life is to work and be a slave to making money. I never said I agreed with that. That is in American culture yeah, and Asian culture too, but I never agreed to it. I never consented to it. It is something THRUST upon you by the culture. The thing is, if I don't see the purpose of life is to get a good job, then it's a moot point. Show me proof that our creator put us here to get a good job and a good education. You can't. Because it's society that says that, not God.

Lots of people who are self-taught are smarter than those who are taught by universities. As we all know, education in America is INDOCTRINATION, not thinking for yourself. Not true education. It's the kind of education that only trains you to become an obedient worker.

You also ignored all the other issues and moral problems I presented above. Of course they gotta give you some benefits. Doesn't meant it's worth it though. I gave many more reasons not to join than you did to join. So the reasons not to join far outnumber the reasons to join.

yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

Winston wrote:
June 14th, 2020, 7:28 pm
yick wrote:
June 14th, 2020, 5:57 pm

Not really. That was abolished years ago, and there are ways around it.

Sure the US military has some benefits. But many say it's not worth it. Even Mr S who was in the navy says so.

You are assuming that my goal in life is to give my son the best education so he can have the best JOB/CAREER as if the purpose of life is to work and be a slave to making money. I never said I agreed with that. That is in American culture yeah, and Asian culture too, but I never agreed to it. I never consented to it. It is something THRUST upon you by the culture. The thing is, if I don't see the purpose of life is to get a good job, then it's a moot point. Show me proof that our creator put us here to get a good job and a good education. You can't. Because it's society that says that, not God.

Lots of people who are self-taught are smarter than those who are taught by universities. As we all know, education in America is INDOCTRINATION, not thinking for yourself. Not true education. It's the kind of education that only trains you to become an obedient worker.

You also ignored all the other issues and moral problems I presented above. Of course they gotta give you some benefits. Doesn't meant it's worth it though. I gave many more reasons not to join than you did to join. So the reasons not to join far outnumber the reasons to join.
Mr. S also said he let his recruiter lie to him and he went along with it - you shop around and get the best deal - go to the Air Force, the Army, the Marines, the Coastguard, the Merchant Marine - do you research - it's a bit like living abroad, you have to go and do your homework and realise what's the best fit for you - it's nice to wear USMC No. 1's but not everyone is suited to be a Marine - you have to work a lot of things out before you join.

Your son will want what he wants for himself. Your ideas and input might be important but it won't matter at the end of it all - he might want to become a Marine - a lot of fit, young lads see the attraction to it - I did, it sounds like CE did - and if the GI Bill is still around then it is going to be a good option if you haven't got the money to send him to college.

I haven't ignored anything you said, take my silence that I concede your points that it isn't for everyone and it isn't a perfect path but saying that - it might be a good way for Angelo to make his way in the world and get established in America where he doesn't have any 'old school tie' links as they're all in the Philippines - his military buddies would be a great substitution for that if he wanted to make his life in America as an adult.

And I think at your age (1995), you would have been drafted in Taiwan, unless your dad would have had the money to bail you out - he might have thought it would have done you some good - which it would have done.

I have dreams of living in Singapore and if I was living there and had a son - I would want him to do his NS - it would do him the world of good, even if it was only for a few weeks.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Winston wrote:
June 14th, 2020, 7:23 pm
June 14th, 2020, 6:04 pm
O K.....

It's just the truth man. Let me ask you something. Please answer ok? Ok so you've served in the military and have firsthand experience. Nice. So you should be qualified to answer my question then. Here it is.

How exactly do veterans serve their country and protect our freedoms?

I've been asking this for years. No one has an answer to it, because it's something you're never supposed to ask, hence it's a taboo. The slogan "veterans protected our freedoms" is something you are supposed to just accept and repeat with a hive zombie mind. Do you have a zombie hive mind? But no one can answer my question because no one dares ask it, because this is considered something sacred you are not allowed to question.

Can you answer it? Can you give examples of how the US military protects our freedoms and serves the American people? Real legit examples, not BS ones. If you can't, your claim falls like a house of cards. Plain and simple.
The question is a ridiculous one. The question of the thread is "Is there anything more stupid than joining the US military?" I answered that one more than sufficiently so refer to my previous posts to glean the answer. Crafting foolish new questions like that because you were proven wrong is not worth my time.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

June 14th, 2020, 8:53 pm
The question is a ridiculous one.
Yes Winston, to a negro the question of whether they are doing anything useful for the people paying them is indeed ridiculous. To the likes of CE, the US military is just like the rest of the system - a mechanism to funnel resources from decent people to filthy scum populations such as females and blacks. The idea of caring about whether what they are doing is right or wrong would never occur to their filthy scum brains. To be fair to the filthy scum, the females are fairly useless at their mission of raping, torturing and murdering innocent people for the Jews, and the black males are probably more efficient at raping, torturing and murdering on their usual freelance basis. It is really just another welfare program for them and taking advantage of welfare from those in charge is the entirety of life for animals in captivity such as CE.

As to the risk of receiving some payback from their victims, well that is worth the risk for r-selected entities. Live fast and die young. Whether it is joining the US military or savagely beating and raping a white female before dousing her in lighter fluid and setting her on fire, you only live once if you don’t have a soul. That’s the negro way.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Winston wrote:
June 14th, 2020, 7:17 pm
Cornfed wrote:
June 14th, 2020, 5:22 pm
Without a decent and loyal US Military, hordes of third world savages would be streaming across the southern border unopposed to plunder America’s resources, while the third world savages within the country would be looting and burning with impunity. All hail the US Military for stopping this. Oh wait, that is happening and the US Military isn’t doing jack about it. Worth every penny.
You're getting mixed up. The National Guard protects the US citizens. That's all we need. I am all for a National Guard to defend in the event of invasion or riots that go out of control like this.
The National Guard is just the army reserve. Defending the country and its borders is obviously the basic military mission. It might not seem that way from an American perspective since it is a long time since America was officially invaded by another government (War of 1812 to be precise) but that is what a military is supposed to do.
HappyGuy

Post by HappyGuy »

July 27, 2020
The military recruiting minors - Joe Imbriano

MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Joining the North Korean military.
HappyGuy

Post by HappyGuy »

April 13, 2020
It's a Man's World | Fred Reed
https://www.unz.com/freed/its-a-mans-world/

“You go into Afghanistan, you got guys who slap women around for five years, because they didn’t wear a veil,” Mattis said. “You know guys like that ain’t got no manhood left anyway. So it’s a hell of a lot of fun to shoot ’em.”

The first rule of human thought is that everything is somebody else’s fault. American whites note that violent crime is mostly committed by blacks or Hispanics, who see all their problems as due to whites. Terrorism is the domain of Muslems. Democrats blame everything on Republicans and vice versa.

Most of the world points out that America causes most of avoidable destruction and suffering on the planet. The Americans believe themselves virtuous, indispensable, exceptional, and entirely dedicated to promulgating democracy. No group is itself guilty of anything.

Nobody (except feminists) says the obvious, that all of these evils are committed by….

Men.

It is always men–some other men, of course, men of another race or country, or religion or tribe or social class. We ourselves–men–are pure. But however you cut it, it is men.

The crucial problem for humanity is, probably always has been, how to control men, how to to harness their vigor and inventiveness for the common good while restraining their penchant for destruction, mass homicide, individual mlurder, rape, pillage, depravity, and foolishness.

Wars are the vilest masculine behavior. They never end. Wars are not about anything. They are just wars. Men always find something for them to be about, but really they are just what men–men–do.

The martial urge is deep in the steroid chemistry. Little boys want to play with guns. If you force dolls upon them, they shoot each other with dolls. When grown up, to the extent they ever are, they fight wars. If there is no reason for war, as for example now, they invent reasons. The Russians are coming. The Chinese are coming. North Korea will nuke us. So will Iran. We must gird our loins and fight, fight, fight.

It is the behavior of a pack of dogs. For example, when an obsolete lumbering propeller-driven Soviet-era bomber approaches American air space, fighter pilots sprint for their planes and roar into the air–loud martial noises are important to men–to intercept the intruder, bow wow, arf, woof. They cannot in sanity think that the dread Russkis have sent a single slow plane to destroy America, but that, presumably due to nucleotide arrangement, is how they behave.

It is innate and starts early. When I was a little boy of twelve, my buddies Dukesy and Mincemeat and I often set out in our perfectly safe suburb to invade the equally perfectly safe nearby suburbs in search of action. We got into rock fights with other little boys who equally had no reason to get into rock fights. We were experiencing the germ of the hunting pack or war party. Girls did not do this.

If we had lived in the downtown of a city where the frail bonds of civilization are weaker, the next step would have been membership in urban gangs. These have both the behavior of the dog pack and the trappings of armies: insignia (baseball hats worn sideways or jackets of particular colors), territory (Rolling Eighties Crips), imposing titles (War Counselor), and brutal initiations (getting jumped in). There is, as with kids of twelve, the sense of belonging, the visceral appeal of concerted action, the adrenal pull of combat. Thus do we overcome the greyness of existence.

In 1916 in the battle of the Somme, England lost 20,000 dead–men–when their generals, men, ordered them to run across open ground covered by the fire of artillery and machine guns manned–note word–by German men. Can you imagine women being so goddam stupid? The war was caused, organized, and waged by, of course, men.

The world’s history consists chiefly of men killing each other and everybody else within reach. Cannae. Zama. Thermopylae, The Bulge. Bosworth Field. The Nile, Trafalgar. Yorktown. Antietam. Custer’s Last Stand. Borodin. Austerlitz. The Varian Disaster. Midway. You could fill encyclopedias with battles, none of them making sense.

In the American West, the men of the savage tribes constantly made war on other savage tribes to steal horses and women and get captives to torture. Spanish men made war on the Aztecs, who made war on everybody around them. Later, American men invaded Mexico to kill Mexican men, who wanted to kill the American men. The free will of army ants.

The literature of most peoples, chiefly written by men, glorifies war. The Iliad, the Anabasis, the Aeneid, Bhagavad Gita, the Old Testament, El Cid, the Gilgamesh Epic, Orlando Furioso. When men are not doing war, they write about war, talk about it, do high-fives in the O Club. In old age they fondly remember their wars as the most pungent and intense times they ever knew.

Men engaging in such behavior speak of honor. There is no honor in war, only hormonally mediated lunacy. Where is the honor in bombing cities, putting them to the sword, raping and looting? The perpetrators-men–care nothing for the horrors they infliict–Dresden, the Rape of Nanjing, Nagasaki, Nine-Eleven, the “pacification” of the Philippines after the American conquest.

Men. Can anyone deny this?

These days, when a thin patina of moralism lightly coats the public mind, soldiers–men–pride themselves on protecting their homelands, the national security, our precious values lauded but seldom practiced, and so forth. Why do countries need protecting? Because otherwise the men of other countries will attack. Our men must protect us against their men. Teddy Roosevelt said, “Speak softly and carry a big stick.” but men who carry big sticks cannot speak softly. They always want to use the stick.

The barbaric behavior of men is not restricted to soldiers. Watch documentaries about serial killers on YouTube. You will note that all are men. Men will kill thirteen women after torturing them at length, perhaps copulating with the corpse, will kidnap and rape a chilod of seven for three days before throwing her off a bridge (an actual case). Women do not do this. There is an occasional nurse poisoner and women sometimes kill their husbands, but we do not have Jane Wayne Gacys, Theodora Bundys, or Jessica Dahmers. Sexual torture-murders are, as we say, a male thing.

In cities like Chicago and Baltimore–there are many cities like these–barely organized black men–men–kill each other in hundreds. Black women do not. In Mexico, well organized criminal gangs kill each other in tens of thousand. Mexican women do not. In America, men kill with truly national enthusiasm , constantly attacking other countries and killing, killing, killing. A few women are involved as political baubles, but it is a man’s game. Which is how they regard it. As a game, an adventure.

The mass murderers of history–Joshua, Alexander, Timurlane, Genghis Khan, Titus, Napoleon, Pol Pot, Stalin, Adolf, Mao– were all–men.

In the past, men were not disingenuous about their moves. Conquering was expected of kings and emperors. They did it for its own sake. Alexander didn’t really need Afghanistan. Today men have to speak of spreading democracy and human rights and overthrowing evil dictators. Like wind-up victrolas they speak of duty, honor, country. They insist that war crimes are isolated incidents. In fact a war crime is business as usual that a reporter has heard about.

Short of genetic engineering, how can this grotesque misbehavior be controlled? The question is made difficult because men would have to do the controlling. They will not. They won’t give up their aircraft carriers and tanks and hero treehouses like the Green Berets.

At the level of countries, only the complete domination and disarming of the planet by one power can stop the murder. It takes two to fight and if you have only one, peace will arise, astounded. Here China is the best hope. No other country has the population and economic potential.

The other possibility is America, but it declines in both power and leadership. Which makes the times very dangerous as men, once they control the sandbox, do not readily give it up. Think Pompeo, Trump, Pence, Dsper, Bolton, Bannon, etc.

As long as men have militaries, they will use them. Wars are what men do.