Facebook/Twitter/Google social network logins are now enabled!

Post your suggestions and feedback for the forum. You can also report a problem, troubleshoot an issue with forum functionality, or suggest new board topics.

Should we install Facebook/Google logins and registrations in the forum?

Yes that would be a great idea. Integrating the forum with social media and allowing registrations from social media would make it easier for more people to join the forum and thus increase participation, and modernize the forum as well!
25%
No, that's a bad idea. Stay away from Facebook. That's for idiots and would only attract idiots. And possibly may result in Facebook monitoring and spying of us as well.
75%
Indifferent. Don't care either way.
No votes

Total votes: 8
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Facebook/Twitter/Google social network logins are now enabled!

Post by Cornfed »

Winston wrote:
June 4th, 2020, 1:05 pm
if you are, then stop posting taboo content, then you will have nothing to be paranoid about. Very simple.
The current reality of the world is that people face persecution for saying what would have been obvious common sense to all of our great grandfathers. If saying common sense stuff is to be discouraged and the forum is to be like an online version of CNN then there is no point to it and it will die.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Cornfed wrote:
June 4th, 2020, 1:10 pm
Winston wrote:
if you are, then stop posting taboo content, then you will have nothing to be paranoid about. Very simple.
The current reality of the world is that people face persecution for saying what would have been obvious common sense to all of our great grandfathers. If saying common sense stuff is to be discouraged and the forum is to be like an online version of CNN then there is no point to it and it will die.
But they cannot persecute everyone saying taboo things. Millions are nowadays. It's up to you. I'm just saying that people have a choice of whether they want to create an account with their social media or not. It's purely OPTIONAL and does not affect you if you don't.

Also, don't forget, over 1000 people are on our FB group here:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/happierabroad2

They aren't paranoid about FB seeing what they write. And they are posting the same taboo stuff that you guys are. So far, there are no problems. So why should you? No one is forcing you to login to your FB account. It's purely voluntary and up to you. Your free will and free choice. The FB login is just for convenience only.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
HappyGuy

Post by HappyGuy »

Winston wrote:
You don't understand
Cornfed said it above: "Winston is behaving like someone who has just woken up from a coma lasting several years and is completely unfamiliar with the state of the current Internet."
Winston wrote:
You are overly paranoid. Why don't you start talking about less offensive topics, so that you won't be so paranoid and have nothing to hide?
:arrow: GREAT COMMENT!

Let me give you a round of applause: https://youtu.be/dJiI3imVBhw?t=41

June 2, 2020
Google in $5bn lawsuit for tracking in 'private' mode
Suit Claims Google’s Tracking Violates Federal Wiretap Law
viewtopic.php?p=339929#p339929

https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-con ... /6666/text

Last edited by HappyGuy on June 4th, 2020, 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Winston wrote:
June 4th, 2020, 1:13 pm
They aren't paranoid about FB seeing what they write. And they are posting the same taboo stuff that you guys are. So far, there are no problems. So why should you?
I don't care about FB at the moment, but in a previous Job I had to use it to post ads for a particular company. If I had fallen afoul of FB for whatever reason, that would have been highly problematic. Maybe others are in a similar position.
HappyGuy

Post by HappyGuy »

Winston wrote:
June 4th, 2020, 1:13 pm
Also, don't forget, over 1000 people are on our FB group here:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/happierabroad2
We don't care about the FB group.

Your HA Facebook is Killing Your Forum
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=26988
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=25955

@Winston
It's a simple formula. Ensure people's privacy and then lurkers and visitors will post here and the forum will survive. Try to make fools of us about Facebook and Google tracking and no one will post here. Not lurkers, not even the members who are regulars right now. Stop trying to act stupid like you don't know this.
HappyGuy

Post by HappyGuy »

It's 2020. The government is passing laws to arrest us for being near a person with Covid according to Apple-Google cellphone tracking software. Which means it can be anyone that Google or Apple wants to arrest. And we can be silenced or banned from Facebook and Youtube for spreading "false" information like suggesting alternate views on wearing masks or the Covid vaccine. You're not going to convince us to trust these companies and not value our privacy and freedom of speech.

What's to say we won't face repercussions for publicly complaining about the lockdowns or the mandatory vaccines on a Facebook or Google linked account? Some channels on Youtube aren't even allowed to mention 5G or Corona or their account gets suspended. And that was before the government started passing new laws.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

You guys don't seem to understand something. The feature only takes your Facebook/Google/Twitter accounts and uses it to create a new account here in the forum. That's all. Nothing more, nothing less. It doesn't spy on you with a bot or something. There's already a Google bot here everyday that indexes posts in the forum. If Google wanted to, it could use that search engine bot to see what you're doing. When you scroll to the bottom of the forum index page you will usually see that Google bot is online here indexing posts. If Google were to spy on you, that's the bot it'd use. But using your Google account to create an account here has nothing to do with spying on you or watching you. So you misunderstand what this is about HappyGuy and Cornfed.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

HappyGuy wrote:
June 4th, 2020, 2:43 pm
It's 2020. The government is passing laws to arrest us for being near a person with Covid according to Apple-Google cellphone tracking software. Which means it can be anyone that Google or Apple wants to arrest. And we can be silenced or banned from Facebook and Youtube for spreading "false" information like suggesting alternate views on wearing masks or the Covid vaccine. You're not going to convince us to trust these companies and not value our privacy and freedom of speech.

What's to say we won't face repercussions for publicly complaining about the lockdowns or the mandatory vaccines on a Facebook or Google linked account? Some channels on Youtube aren't even allowed to mention 5G or Corona or their account gets suspended. And that was before the government started passing new laws.
The feature only creates an account here using your Google or Facebook account. It doesn't spy on you. If Google wanted to spy on you, it'd use its search engine bots. You seem to get these things mixed up. If you don't want to use a Google or Facebook account, you don't have to. No one is forcing you to. But others here who have nothing to hide may not mind creating an account quickly with the click of a button, using their social media account. This feature is popular and exists for a reason. All thet top blogs have social media logins so you can post quickly. It's quite common and normal and modern and good marketing. You should trust my decisions and judgment.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

At the bottom of the forum index page, you will usually see this:

index.php
Registered users: Bing [Bot], Cornfed, Google [Bot], Google Feedfetcher, HappyGuy, Winston
Legend: Administrators, Global moderators, Newly registered users
As you can see, Google bot is always here and has been for years. Nothing new. Nothing to worry about. You should be glad they are here indexing your posts, so that others can see them too. Don't you want that? Don't you want your views published and seen by others?

HappyGuy

Post by HappyGuy »

Winston wrote:
June 4th, 2020, 3:05 pm
Don't you want that?
No, this is a forum not a clickbait online paper where we are paid to write articles. There should be a delay of at least several hours. It would eventually appear on Google even without the bots going into threads the minute they are made.

You should have spent the past several years preparing for Google to eventually ghost ban HA by investing time in other search engines especially the ones that people concerned about their online privacy would use, and finding ways to grow bypassing search entirely. You spent that time running your best members off the forum, focusing on your sexpat facebook group and getting further into bed with the companies who want to learn everything about you and then silence and bankrupt you.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

[6/6, 4:59 PM] Winston Wu: Do u think happyguy and cornfed are overly paranoid about the new Facebook/Google/Twitter login feature in the forum?

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=42502

[6/6, 7:35 PM] Alex From Venice: yes, I think that as long as it's optional doesn't make much a difference for those who don't want to login with their Google or Facebook account.
About the forum being spied by Google... well that's call pages indexing and that's what allow people to find the forum if they search on Google

[6/6, 7:36 PM] Alex From Venice: I don't know how much Facebook would care about the forum contents, anyway those who login using their HA account have nothing to worry.

HappyGuy

Post by HappyGuy »

Search-engines and browsers for privacy: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=42598