Ridiculous female complaints

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Australia, New Zealand and the Oceania region.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Ridiculous female complaints

Post by Cornfed »

So for a couple of years I was a rent-a-cop and as expected I elicited ridiculous complaints from females. (Interestingly, these females were non-white, but no-one accused me of racism. They were right not to do so, because nothing I did in the job had anything to do with race.) I kind of brushed over these complaints at the time, but in hindsight they could have been very damaging.

One was where I was enforcing a rule to show ID to get into a particular government office, which, in this particular town, pissed everyone off. There was this woman who didn’t want to show ID on principle, so she waited until I was distracted and then tried to walk straight past me. I held the door and the door post and stood in her way. She was walking with the seeming intent of barging past me and walking right over me, but I was bigger and stronger than her, so she had to stop.

This was pretty funny and there were lots of spectators. For once I was calm and proper and politely asked her for ID. She said the demand for ID was stupid because I didn’t know who she was (she had a point). I said it might be stupid but that was the deal. She showed me her ID and as I was about to let her in she grabbed the door and demanded my ID, and as a courtesy I showed it to her.

So then she had her appointment, but perhaps it didn’t go well, because later she felt the need to start an argument about me “touching” her. She was referring to when SHE walked into me as me “touching her”, like I should have sprang out of her way or something. The female manager of the office heard this argument and took it from there. She basically took my side by going by the book and giving the bitch thirty days to file a written complaint. She didn’t do so, so complaint dismissed.
Last edited by Cornfed on July 7th, 2020, 9:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Ridiculous female complains

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Cornfed wrote:
July 7th, 2020, 4:04 am
So for a couple of years I was a rent-a-cop and as expected I elicited ridiculous complaints from females. (Interestingly, these females were non-white, but no-one accused me of racism. They were right not to do so, because nothing I did in the job had anything to do with race.) I kind of brushed over these complaints at the time, but in hindsight they could have been very damaging.

One was where I was enforcing a rule to show ID to get into a particular government office, which, in this particular town, pissed everyone off. There was this woman who didn’t want to show ID on principle, so she waited until I was distracted and then tried to walk straight past me. I held the door and the door post and stood in her way. She was walking with the seeming intent of barging past me and walking right over me, but I was bigger and stronger than her, so she had to stop.

This was pretty funny and there were lots of spectators. For once I was calm and proper and politely asked her for ID. She said the demand for ID was stupid because I didn’t know who she was (she had a point). I said it might be stupid but that was the deal. She showed me her ID and as I was about to let her in she grabbed the door and demanded my ID, and as a courtesy I showed it to her.

So then she had her appointment, but perhaps it didn’t go well, because later she felt the need to start an argument about me “touching” her. She was referring to when SHE walked into me as me “touching her”, like I should have sprang out of he way or something. The female manager of the office heard this argument and took it from there. She basically took my side by going by the book and giving the bitch thirty days to file a written complaint. She didn’t do so, so complaint dismissed.
Typical "Karen" behavior meant to flex social muscle by daring you to oppose her and relying on onlookers, institutions, and the police to back her up due solely to "vagina."

Most of us who have dealt with members of the public have encountered these types. They were the number one reason I retired early 3 years ago and they have only gotten WORSE.

I attribute most of this behavior as testing privilege limits when the beauty of youth wears thin, but some of it is a ploy for attention because even negative attention is better than no attention at all for "deprived" types.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

You always complain about pigs as you call them and you did that type of job ?
Time to Hide!
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

I was going to tell another funnier story, but since it actually involved the police, on second thoughts it is probably better not to. (Obviously there were no charges against me). Rent-a-cops aren't paid enough.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Moretorque wrote:
July 7th, 2020, 12:24 pm
You always complain about pigs as you call them and you did that type of job ?
Yeah, well jobs don’t grow on trees in that rathole town and anyway there was an out of control situation that needed to be corrected. How they had us do it was poorly thought through and unnecessarily aggravated people, but it needed to be done.

Also, it was an interesting life experience. Imagine a small white guy bullying the cast of Once Were Warriors (literally, in one case) to take off their dark glasses and gang insignia. It must have been pretty funny to onlookers. Although I would have easily been voted the most hated person in the town, I was gratified to find out that some people actually thought I was cool.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
July 7th, 2020, 4:11 am
Typical "Karen" behavior meant to flex social muscle by daring you to oppose her and relying on onlookers, institutions, and the police to back her up due solely to "vagina."

Most of us who have dealt with members of the public have encountered these types. They were the number one reason I retired early 3 years ago and they have only gotten WORSE.
At last we have found an issue where we can genuinely empathise with each other.