Hiring an Asian Cook

Discuss health, wellness, fitness, nutrition and food.
GooMacgle
Freshman Poster

Hiring an Asian Cook

Post by GooMacgle »

My uncle in northern CA is looking to hire a part time Asian cook. He is basically looking to give up completely on American food and American cooking methods and is looking for a healthier diet by utilizing an Asian cook and converting to an Asian diet. He does not need to necessarily lose weight, but wants to eat in a more heart healthy way. What type of Asian cook might work best for him - Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Filipino, or Vietnamese?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Hiring an Asian Cook

Post by MrMan »

GooMacgle wrote:My uncle in northern CA is looking to hire a part time Asian cook. He is basically looking to give up completely on American food and American cooking methods and is looking for a healthier diet by utilizing an Asian cook and converting to an Asian diet. He does not need to necessarily lose weight, but wants to eat in a more heart healthy way. What type of Asian cook might work best for him - Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Filipino, or Vietnamese?
I'd say not Filipino, with all the pig fat. Certain Korean foods can be very healthy I fyou stay away from some of the fatty pork dishes. Okinawans are known for living long lives.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Out of that I would exclude Filipino food as it doesn't seem to be healthy or good and exclude Korean food as it is kind of weird and seems to take a long time to prepare in its traditional form (presumably it was a communal village effort back in the day). Chinese food seems to be mostly good, but of course it depends on where in China it is from. I would eliminate any cook from Guangzhou or surrounds from consideration, as you might get something like Chinese fast food. I have no idea about Vietnamese food. Hence my best guess would be to hire a cook from non-southern China.
KokujinKrusader
Freshman Poster

Post by KokujinKrusader »

Japanese is probably the best choice, but you'd have to watch out for the salt.
Grand Admiral Game taught me how to improve my mindset in order to achieve the success that I wanted in life!