Average penis size revealed

Discuss health, wellness, fitness, nutrition and food.
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Average penis size revealed

Post by Mr S »

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style ... 81589.html

Average penis size revealed: Scientists attempt to find what is 'normal' to reassure concerned men

A small correlation between erect penis length and men's height was found
Lizzie Dearden @lizziedearden Tuesday 3 March

More than 15,000 penises were measured Rex
Scientists have measured more than 15,000 men’s penises in an effort to find out what size is “normal”.

Researchers at King’s College London and a London NHS trust said they hoped the review would help address “the concern that some men have about their penis size” and aid people suffering from anxiety and distress.

They revealed that the average flaccid penis is 3.6ins (9.16cm) long, or 5.2ins (13.24cm) when stretched, and 3.7ins (9.31cm) in circumference.

Erect penises are 5.1ins (13.12cm) long on average and 4.5ins (11.66cm) in girth.

There is a “small” positive correlation between erect length and a man’s height, the study found.

A graph showing the distribution of different penis lengths in the study

The research, published today in the British Journal of Urology International, covered measurements across all ages and many races.

It used 17 studies including up to 15,521 penis measurements carried out by health professionals using a “standard procedure”.

Lead author Dr David Veale, from King’s College London’s Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology and Neuroscience, said the findings had been made into size charts.

“We believe these graphs will help doctors reassure the large majority of men that the size of their penis is in the normal range,” he added.

“We will also use the graphs to examine the discrepancy between what a man believes to be their position on the graph and their actual position, or what they think they should be.”

A graph showing the distribution of different penis girths in the study

The analysis is also being used to help men who are being counselled because of worries about their size, or who suffer from Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD), a serious anxiety disorder relating to image perception.

Dr Martin Baggaley, medical director at the South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust, said: “BDD causes a person to have a distorted view of how they look and they can spend an obsessive amount of time worrying about their appearance.

“This can include worries over their weight, specific parts of their body and, for men, the size of their penis.

“This can take over someone’s life and cause a great deal of distress.

“Hopefully this new study will help reassure those many men who are concerned with their penis size and assist clinicians dealing with BDD.”

The research may also be used for investigations into how condoms splitting or failing is linked to penis size.
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Re: Average penis size revealed

Post by HouseMD »

Either I'm a ****ing superhuman that's in the top percentile or this chart is full of crap. The average penis size is around 5.5 inches, far below where this would peg it. I'm calling BS.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

HouseMD wrote:Either I'm a ****ing superhuman that's in the top percentile or this chart is full of crap. The average penis size is around 5.5 inches, far below where this would peg it. I'm calling BS.
Haha yeah it seems i'm well above average too.
Hey what does "bottom of the pubic bone" actually mean? Apparently that's where you're supposed to measure from lol, according to another recent thread on this.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

droid wrote:
HouseMD wrote:Either I'm a ****ing superhuman that's in the top percentile or this chart is full of crap. The average penis size is around 5.5 inches, far below where this would peg it. I'm calling BS.
Hey what does "bottom of the pubic bone" actually mean? Apparently that's where you're supposed to measure from lol, according to another recent thread on this.
There's no f***ing thing as the pubic bone- theres the top and bottom of the pubic synphasis, but I've got no clue what they're talking about with their "pubic bone" nonsense. Pubic tubercle doesn't make sense in this case either, as it's off center by a good deal.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

When they mix all the races together world wide then yaa, the average for US males used to be 6 to 7 inches and this was mostly European white obviously. Some groups of humans on average are more well equipped than others.

House MD are you a Blackman ? if they did this in the hood they would use a yard stick to come to their conclusion. " COME TO THEIR CONCLUSION " get it? :lol: ....... :lol: :lol:
Time to Hide!
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

Moretorque wrote:
When they mix all the races together world wide then yaa, the average for US males used to be 6 to 7 inches and this was a mostly European white obviously. Some groups of humans on average are more well equipped than others.

House MD are you a Blackman ? if they did this in the hood they would use a yard stick to come to their conclusion. " COME TO THEIR CONCLUSION " get it? :lol: ....... :lol: :lol:
Despite popular misconceptions, white and black penises are within a half inch of one another, on average, while Asian penises fall another half inch behind whites. I'm white, but I fall in the 98th percentile- high DHT as a kid has it's upside, with the downside being that I was hairy as a gorilla at 12 years old lol.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

You should be real popular for house calls, the gals will say " just leave the bag at home ". :wink:
Last edited by Moretorque on February 17th, 2016, 7:49 am, edited 3 times in total.
Time to Hide!
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Mr S wrote:More than 15,000 penises were measured Rex
Scientists have measured more than 15,000 men’s penises in an effort to find out what size is “normal”.

Erect penises are 5.1ins (13.12cm) long on average and 4.5ins (11.66cm) in girth.
Looks like I am certainly above average. How can the average man's member be only 5.1 inches long? I thought the average for men was 6 inches.

This survey was certainly letting it "all hang out." :P

And that's the "long and short of it" folks! :lol:
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Really James, your being to modest..
Time to Hide!
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

kkkkkkkkkk
Last edited by Moretorque on February 17th, 2016, 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Time to Hide!
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

droid wrote:
Droid not everybody can make on the fly adjustments in length with a simple Allen wrench to assure proper fitment to satisfy their mates.
Time to Hide!
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

With what they've been doing to the water and to food packaging, I expect "normal" will be trending downward over the next several years.
In a generation they'll be telling us how much manb00b (I forget the med. term) is "normal". :x
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything