Great Movies worth checking out - Post your recommendations

Discuss movies, films, TV shows, music, celebrities and entertainment.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Great Movies worth checking out - Post your recommendations

Post by Winston »

Check out this great movie from the 60's with Natalie Wood called "Sex and the Single Girl". I've been looking for it but didn't know the title. It's very funny and classy and Natalie Wood, who plays a psychologist, was so sexy and charming in it. It's the kind of good movie that will cheer you up with good spirits, comedy and laughter, that's how I felt when I first saw it long ago. They don't make them like this anymore. If you like Natalie Wood, this is one of her best films. This is an era where sexual comedies were actually clean, wholesome and funny, if you can believe that. lol

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0058580/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Trailer

Great comment:
B Wayland
3 years ago
A feel good, fun filled romp at the movies. This is Camp in its highest form. What a cast too ! U can't get much better than NATALIE WOOD, TONY CURTIS, HENRY FONDA, LAUREEN BACALL, & MEL FERRER. The great Neal Hefti adds the perfect touch w/ his score. Edith Head adds a gorgeous array of clothes, especially for Ms. Wood.
Here's a great scene where Natalie Wood teaches her client how to seduce his wife, hands on lol, and says "I'll give you confidence." lol. If only American women would say that to us and teach us how to seduce women hands on. lol

More funny scenes.

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

WorldTraveler
Experienced Poster

Post by WorldTraveler »

Winston wrote:
August 4th, 2020, 4:59 pm
Check out this great movie from the 60's with Natalie Wood called "Sex and the Single Girl". I've been looking for it but didn't know the title. It's very funny and classy and Natalie Wood, who plays a psychologist, was so sexy and charming in it. It's the kind of good movie that will cheer you up with good spirits, comedy and laughter, that's how I felt when I first saw it long ago. They don't make them like this anymore. If you like Natalie Wood, this is one of her best films. This is an era where sexual comedies were actually clean, wholesome and funny, if you can believe that. lol

I never saw this movie, but would love to. They don't make movies like this anymore. I love Natalie Wood and Tony Curtis. Both are now deceased. I saw Tony Curtis in a play "Some Like It Hot." Of course he was great as well as the play.
WorldTraveler
Experienced Poster

Re: Great Movies worth checking out - Post your recommendati

Post by WorldTraveler »

Winston wrote:
June 19th, 2017, 12:05 pm
Wow check out this werewolf vs vampire movie series called underworld. Its one of those dark films where theres never any sunlight, like blade runner, blade, and the crow.

I just saw the beginning of the 2012 one called underworld awakening. It was rad. The US military discovers the existence of the vampire and werewolf clans and exterminates them all in the name of ethnic cleansing and infection containment, except for a few including the protagonist woman of course. I wish they could have done that in the twilight movies with kristen stewart too. I saw all the twilight saga movies and was waiting for something like that to happen but it never did. The characters in twilight were annoying and dumb. I was hoping the US military would take them out. Lol. Now i got my wish in underworld awakening. Haha. Lol.

Underworld Awakening (2012)
http://m.imdb.com/title/tt1496025/?ref=m_nv_sr_3
I saw the first "Underworld" and it's great. I think I have a DVD with all 4 of them on it. I'll have to find it.
WorldTraveler
Experienced Poster

Post by WorldTraveler »

I don't usually like Science Fiction, but I like Source Code.

When decorated soldier Captain Colter Stevens (Jake Gyllenhaal) wakes up in the body of an unknown man, he discovers he's part of a mission to find the bomber of a Chicago commuter train. In an assignment unlike any he's ever known, he learns he's part of a government experiment called the "Source Code," a program that enables him to cross over into another man's identity in the last 8 minutes of his life. The body he transfers into is Kristina's (Michelle Monaghan) boyfriend's body. With a second, much larger target threatening to kill millions in downtown Chicago, Colter re-lives the incident over and over again, gathering clues each time, until he can solve the mystery of who is behind the bombs and prevent the next attack. The problem is is falls in love with Michelle Monagham and wants to save her life. Filled with mind-boggling twists and heart-pounding suspense, Source Code is a smart action-thriller directed by Duncan Jones (Moon) also starring Michelle Monaghan (Best of Me, Eagle Eye, Due Date), Vera Farmiga (Up in the Air, The Departed), and Jeffrey Wright (Quantum of Solace, Syriana).

WorldTraveler
Experienced Poster

Post by WorldTraveler »

bluesky89 wrote:
October 3rd, 2016, 4:06 am
Point Of No Return (1993) - film with emotional and psychological pressure. Under sentence of death, Maggie (Bridget Fonda), is sentenced to death by lethal injection into a maximum security prison, for killing a police officer, but she wakes up after "the execution" to find that she has been rehabilitated, she has been spared in order to train her as a government assassin.

http://www.movies-tv-series-online.com/ ... turn-1993/
I saw this a long time ago. Bridgette Fonda was so sexy. She had a really short career.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

WorldTraveler wrote:
August 4th, 2020, 10:06 pm
bluesky89 wrote:
Point Of No Return (1993) - film with emotional and psychological pressure. Under sentence of death, Maggie (Bridget Fonda), is sentenced to death by lethal injection into a maximum security prison, for killing a police officer, but she wakes up after "the execution" to find that she has been rehabilitated, she has been spared in order to train her as a government assassin.

I saw this a long time ago. Bridgette Fonda was so sexy. She had a really short career.
If you like female assassins, you might like this French film called "La Femme Nikita". lol. It has a lot of black comedy and gore and French humor.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0100263/?ref_=tt_sims_tt
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

WorldTraveler wrote:
August 4th, 2020, 10:01 pm
I don't usually like Science Fiction, but I like Source Code.

When decorated soldier Captain Colter Stevens (Jake Gyllenhaal) wakes up in the body of an unknown man, he discovers he's part of a mission to find the bomber of a Chicago commuter train. In an assignment unlike any he's ever known, he learns he's part of a government experiment called the "Source Code," a program that enables him to cross over into another man's identity in the last 8 minutes of his life. The body he transfers into is Kristina's (Michelle Monaghan) boyfriend's body. With a second, much larger target threatening to kill millions in downtown Chicago, Colter re-lives the incident over and over again, gathering clues each time, until he can solve the mystery of who is behind the bombs and prevent the next attack. The problem is is falls in love with Michelle Monagham and wants to save her life. Filled with mind-boggling twists and heart-pounding suspense, Source Code is a smart action-thriller directed by Duncan Jones (Moon) also starring Michelle Monaghan (Best of Me, Eagle Eye, Due Date), Vera Farmiga (Up in the Air, The Departed), and Jeffrey Wright (Quantum of Solace, Syriana).

I remember that one. It was a great time travel thriller, and a little like Groundhog Day too, in that the same event is repeated over and over but the protagonist has to make different choices based on the lessons of the previous attempt. The ending was mind blowing and bizarre and requires a leap of faith in quantum physics and multiple universes to believe.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

WorldTraveler wrote:
August 4th, 2020, 10:06 pm
bluesky89 wrote:

That looks interesting. It appears to be an American remake of "La Femme Nikita". I found a download link to it on Yify Torrent here:

https://yts.mx/movies/point-of-no-return-1993

Btw, another great female assassin movie is "The Long Kiss Goodnight". I haven't seen it yet but it's supposed to be one of the best action flicks with good story and plot. Stars Geena Davis and Samuel L. Jackson.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0116908/

Download link:
https://yts.mx/movies/the-long-kiss-goodnight-1996

Synopsis
Samantha Caine, suburban homemaker, is the ideal mom to her 8 year old daughter Caitlin. She lives in Honesdale, PA, has a job teaching school and makes the best Rice Krispie treats in town. But when she receives a bump on her head, she begins to remember small parts of her previous life as a lethal, top-secret agent. Her old chums in the Chapter are now out to kill her so she enlists the help of a cheap detective named Mitch. As Samantha remembers more and more of her previous life, she becomes deadlier and more resourceful. Both Mitch and Charly proceed to do the killing thing, the bleeding thing and the shooting thing.

Trailer

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

WorldTraveler wrote:
August 4th, 2020, 9:34 pm
Winston wrote:
August 4th, 2020, 4:59 pm

I never saw this movie, but would love to. They don't make movies like this anymore. I love Natalie Wood and Tony Curtis. Both are now deceased. I saw Tony Curtis in a play "Some Like It Hot." Of course he was great as well as the play.
I agree. The quality standards for movies was a lot higher before. Nowadays it's all about quantity. They make lots of movies faster, but with lower quality. I prefer the opposite, less movies but higher quality. I don't usually like romantic comedies, but that one is well made with good characters, dialogue, classy humor and acting. The actors before also had more charm, like Natalie Wood. When I first saw that film, I was enamored by Natalie Wood. No actress today is that charming and feminine.

Btw, if you like Natalie Wood, you will like this one too. It's one of her best too. It's from 1969 called "Bob & Carol & Ted & Alice." You've probably seen it before. It's about couple swapping and the meaning of love, which sounds degenerate I know, but it's also deep and intelligent. It exemplifies the struggles of freespirits in fitting into married life and pondering what the boundaries really are and how honest we are with each other. So it deals with some deeper philosophical themes, and has intelligent dialogues too. So it's interesting and well made. Those of you who are freespirits will especially like it. It was part of the 60's counter culture revolution and its ideals about free love. lol. Here are some scenes from it with a classic oldie song.

Here's the download link to it.

https://yts.mx/movies/bob-carol-ted-alice-1969

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0064100/

Note: If you download torrents, you should use a VPN browser like Opera or Brave so you can mask your IP. If you do though, make sure the VPN feature is activated on those browsers.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Wow I found this film I saw in Poland with Robert once that was very touching and memorable. Its an American film by David Lynch and is very realistic and touching because its a true story of an old man who rides from Iowa to Wisconsin on a lawn mower to make amends with his brother. The scenery of rural America is so beautiful and vivid. And the people he meets along the way are so friendly, down to earth and good natured, just like in real life. Its so realistic and natural you almost forget its a film. I know its real personally because when i drove around the Southwest USA for several months I too met a lot of kind friendly folks like you see in the film.

This film really shows you how much friendlier rural americans are than in the city. Totally unlike Rock's impression of them from the movie "Deliverance". Rock definitely ought to see this so he can see what rural small town folk in America are like in real life. I experienced it personally too so I know what its like, and this film captures it well and very authentically without any acting or drama. Plus its a true story too that happened in 1994.

When we saw it in the independent theater in Krakow, Poland the Polish girls in the theater were very amused at the realism of rural America. It must have been exotic to them. I know because i talked to the girls about the film afterward. Only in Europe could you talk to random girls near you in the cinema about a movie you just saw. That never happens in America or Asia. Maybe Krakow is unique in that sense? Lol. Who knows. Either way I miss that.

Anyway heres the download link to the film so u can see it. Theres something very touching about it. Its hard to explain. You have to see it to know what i mean. .

The Straight Story (1999)
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0166896/

Download link:
https://yts.mx/movies/the-straight-story-1999

Synopsis
"The Straight Story" chronicles a trip made by 73-year-old Alvin Straight from Laurens, Iowa, to Mt. Zion, Wis., in 1994 while riding a lawn mower. The man undertook his strange journey to mend his relationship with his ill, estranged, 75-year-old brother Lyle.

Trailer

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

@WorldTraveler

Btw, if you liked "Easy Rider" you will love this one too. It's also from the freespirit counter-counter revolution era. It's called "Vanishing Point" from 1971. It has a really hot naked woman in it too. lol

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0067927/

Synopsis
Kowalski works for a car delivery service. He takes delivery of a 1970 Dodge Challenger to take from Colorado to San Francisco, California. Shortly after pickup, he takes a bet to get the car there in less than 15 hours. After a few run-ins with motorcycle cops and highway patrol they start a chase to bring him into custody. Along the way, Kowalski is guided by Supersoul - a blind DJ with a police radio scanner. Throw in lots of chase scenes, gay hitchhikers, a naked woman riding a motorbike, lots of Mopar and you've got a great cult hit from the early 70's.

Trailer

Download link:
https://yts.mx/movies/vanishing-point-1971

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Interesting new movie about the Moon Landing hoax, using the "found footage" format. See trailer below.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3776826/

Operation Avalanche (2016)

In 1967, four undercover CIA agents were sent to NASA posing as a documentary film crew. What they discovered led to one of the biggest conspiracies in American history.

Storyline
1967: the height of the Cold War. The CIA suspects there is a Russian mole inside of NASA, sabotaging the Apollo program. They send two young agents on a mission to go undercover, posing as documentary filmmakers to capture NASA's race to the moon. The real mission - use their access and technology to hunt down the leak. But what they discover is far more shocking than soviet spies - Their government may be hiding a secret about Apollo that could define the decade, and the White House will stop at nothing to silence anyone who learns it.

Download link on torrent:
https://yts.mx/movies/operation-avalanche-2016

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

A movie that @Contrarian Expatriate will like because it validates his anti-marriage views.

It's about a married man with a pregnant wife who feels trapped and unhappy, even though his wife looks like a model and dream girl (to me at least). He keeps discussing totalitarian dictatorships in his history class because he feels his marriage and responsibilities are like a totalitarian dictatorship in his life.

To deal with his fear of losing his freedom and becoming trapped for life, he develops a split personality and sees a double of himself in a movie. Then he goes to seek his double. The whole movie is confusing until the ending, which leaves you wondering WTF? Only when the movie is interpreted does it make sense and you realize that there are not two of them, but only one. So the double is his split personality. There are lots of clues in the movie, which if you pay attention reveal this but they're not easy to pick up.

This is a great psychological thriller and masterpiece. A great mind f**k and very mind blowing. Very Kafekaesque. I don't mean to spoil the plot, but if you think there are two of them, the movie makes no sense. Only when you understand what's going on does the movie make sense and add up and contains great symbolism too. After you see the movie, go on YouTube and type in "Enemy 2013 explained" and you will see how mind blowing it is.

The movie is called "Enemy" and stars Jake Gyllenhaal.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2316411/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

Trailer:

Explanations on YouTube about the movie. Watch these after you see the movie, then it will all make sense.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... +explained

Hot girl explains the movie.

Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Winston wrote:
September 1st, 2020, 12:17 pm
A movie that @Contrarian Expatriate will like because it validates his anti-marriage views.
I usually avoid Hollywood productions as much as possible, but I will check this out.

I recommend the film "Gone Girl" which has been the light bulb turning on for a lot of men in the West regarding marriage and the imbalance of value between women and men today.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
September 1st, 2020, 1:19 pm
Winston wrote:
September 1st, 2020, 12:17 pm
I usually avoid Hollywood productions as much as possible, but I will check this out.

I recommend the film "Gone Girl" which has been the light bulb turning on for a lot of men in the West regarding marriage and the imbalance of value between women and men today.
Gone Girl is too unrealistic. There is no way a woman psychopath or criminal could plan that many details without flaw. Usually when women lie or cover up something, they leave lots of contradictions. We've all experienced this and caught women lying. They can't get their story straight like a calculating man does. To be a good liar, you gotta keep your story consistent and not contradict yourself. Men seem far better at that than women for sure. Because when women lie, I tend to always catch them by pointing out their contradictions, and when confronted, they have no choice but to admit to lying or dodge the questions altogether. That's why women make terrible masterminds and cannot get away with crimes or strategic operations in military warfare either. That's why no woman has ever made a great military general in history. That's why that movie was unrealistic. It doesn't reflect the true fallacy of women and how they are not good at lying or keeping their stories straight.

Here's another great review and analysis of "Enemy" by Renegade Cut. Great psychological and philosophical analysis. The quotes from the history teacher version of the protagonist are very true too.