24 hours on dateinasia.com I have 89 messages from 20 girls!

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.
aozora13
Freshman Poster

Post by aozora13 »

Well, I am glad at least for the non-white members there is a slightly better chance in Japan than in the Philippines.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Terrence wrote:
djfourmoney wrote:
Winston wrote:
How can Japan be better for blacks than the Philippines? I don't get it. Isn't Japan a lot more homogenous and less inclusive?
From everything I have read, I say yes.

US Servicemen who are Black happen to get women looking for US Servicemen, not woman outside of that loop. Same goes for Japanese women dating White Men, its women looking for that sort of thing, not falling into it.
Exactly. From what I can see, the Philippines has a general obsession with skin color and they see lighter as better, so I think most women who are thinking of foreigners automatically desire a white guy first, though if they met a nice enough black dude they might date him. Many are likely just not interested.

In Japan, there are plenty of girls looking specifically for black guys and nothing else. You don't find yourself dating a girl who secretly wishes she was with a different kind of foreigner.

I know some people think that girls who are specifically looking for foreigners are a bad thing. I personally don't. I certainly don't want to waste my time with someone who most definitely isn't looking for a foreigner and who would never date one. In both Japan and Korea, it became easy to spot, by their dress and actions, the girls that might be interested in black guys. In my early trips there, I wasted a lot of time on girls who had no intention of dating any kind of foreigner, but were glad to have a foreigner "friend". I also learned a lot interacting with Japanese girls in college, where there was a large Japanese community. It's just different than interacting with the Philippines girls.
wuxi wrote: Go to the "Last Active" link and click on as many ladies profiles as you can, they'll send you a message back within a few minutes. Also, helps if your online at 6 am in the morning(mountain time zone) and you have a good picture of yourself in a suit and tie.
Well, if I check out a profile, they almost always write my back, so if that is the reason for the large number of messages, most being "helu" or "how r u?" then i do get that sometimes.
Look, if Koreans and Japanese dig you but Fillipinas not so much, that makes you pretty lucky. Think about it:

1. Koreans and Japanese who date foreigners are genuinely interested, not looking for financial gain. Filipinas tend to like us for our cash resources.

2. A large percentage of young women in Japan and Korea are classy looking, refined, cute, attractive, sexy, or even hot. A large percentage of young women in Phils are very short, dark, and rough looking. Exceptionally attractive Filipinas, from what I hear, are often from the middle and upper classes and do not have the easy to approach attitude of their poor sisters.

3. Japanese and Koreans tend to be well educated with a solid work ethic. Filipinos/Filipinas are often content to do nothing and let their brains atrophy.

You've been to all three countries, right. How do you compare the general quality of girls in terms of the issues I mentioned? Do you disagree with anything I have written above?
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

I don't disagree with anything you said, although I happen to prefer short girls and like dark just as much as light. I would also add that Japanese and Koreans age much, much better than Filipinas. I know Japanese women around 40 who are hot.

My Korean grlfriend, even with her limited English at the time, could converse on a much higher and deeper level than any Filipina I had been with, even my rich Filipina gf with 3 degrees who was 8 years older. I talked to Korean girls who had more English ability and they clearly understood the world and could talk on a diverse range of topics, though usually from a somewhat nationalistic perspective.

It's more difficult to say with Japanese, although I assume it is the same, but, even though I speak it very well, any conversational limitations would still likely be on my end, and no theirs.

I think I mentioned before that I lived with my Korean gf when my web business wasn't doing so hot, so they definitely don't need the foreigner's money. Who knows? She keeps saying she's coming out here to visit me this winter holiday, so maybe I will just stick with her.

Even though I have been through all 3 countries, I spent the most time, probably over 2 years added up, in Philippines, so I think I know enough about that. I would like to give equal time to Korea and Japan.
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Terrence, when you were in the PH, didn't you chat up girls easily? They are very open. I can't imagine you would have difficulty picking them up right?

Btw, ask your Korean gf if Koreans still believe that Tae Kwon Do is the oldest martial art in the world. No objective historian thinks that. But they do for some reason. Why is that? What historical evidence is that based on?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
rome86
Freshman Poster

Post by rome86 »

I thought black guys had better chance in phil than korea, japan according to a thread on black dudes.
hello
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

Winston wrote:Terrence, when you were in the PH, didn't you chat up girls easily? They are very open. I can't imagine you would have difficulty picking them up right?
Yeah, but I think chatting on the ground is very different than Date in Asia. They see you, and make a better connection, pick of vibes and have chemistry. I'm always joking and flirting with girls and they seem to really like that. I can't do that when I am alone in Korea, my language skills aren't good enough. When I was with my friend, though, it seemed to flow pretty easily.

I didn't mean to imply it was difficult in Philippines. I had plenty of fun. What I meant was that there didn't seem to be a subset of girls specifically interested in black guys, as there seems to be plenty of in Korea and Japan. I think most girls in Philippines, when they think about dating a foreigner, the first thing that comes to mind is specifically and white guy, and next and American. This probably doesn't apply as much when you're meeting in person, like where they work, or in a mall. If a guy is cool, makes them laugh and makes them feel good, they will probably like him.
Winston wrote: Btw, ask your Korean gf if Koreans still believe that Tae Kwon Do is the oldest martial art in the world. No objective historian thinks that. But they do for some reason. Why is that? What historical evidence is that based on?
They seem to be very nationalistic about just about everything. That doesn't surprise me at all.
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
zzzz
Freshman Poster

Post by zzzz »

I get very bored by exchanging emails or chatting. Even with American women it rarely goes anywhere. I much prefer talking in person to women. I need to see them to read their body language and such. Plus to have any serious discussions (relationship stuff) you need to talk in person otherwise your communication won't be at it's best.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Plus to have any serious discussions (relationship stuff) you need to talk in person otherwise your communication won't be at it's best.
Kind of hard when they are on the other side of the Pacific. And not all guys here can just pull up their stacks and move to the Philippines.

So, what we do is establish leads, then we talk on YM and Skype and we can see the body language and all, and then we select the best few and go and visit them in person.

There are no cute Filipinas where I live so this is why we are...

Happier Abroad

So we establish contacts online first and then take action.

Btw, I have had 241 messages in 72 hours.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Will N. Dowd
Junior Poster

Post by Will N. Dowd »

I now have over 400 messages from over 50 girls. Some even send me messages just thanking me for looking at their profiles! I 've become facebook friends with about 25 of them also. Haven't asked the other ones, but will. A lot of them say how happy they are when they read all the positive things I have said about Filipina's on my profile. They can tell what a sincere honest person I am. They also always ask me if I have a local GF here and when I say that I don't they say what is wrong with women here! I am now pretty much decided that I will make a holiday trip there in 2011 and if all is good, I will move to Cebu within 2 years, hopefully celebrating my 40th Birthday there summer 2012, with armfuls full of Filipina girls.

I plan to start by teaching English, and seeing how far that takes me. I am in a great position because I am mortgage free, 38, very handsome (former model!) and will be debt free in about a month! I can live off the rent of my condo here that is more than doubled in value. If I sell it, I will be able to buy a palace in the Philippines, where I can rule over my harem! LOL

I am simply no longer interested in living in western society. Everyday I continue to be appalled by it's people, culture, values, costs and weather.
The_Hero_of_Men
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Hero_of_Men »

wuxi wrote:
Rock wrote:
ladislav wrote:I tried to repeat your feat but only got one message. Goes to show that lady luck must help.
That's quite a contrast. You should experiment a bit to see what critical factor is. First try shaving 12 yrs. off your age. Then throw up photos of different guys. Could it be that even these girls (Filipinas) are picky about age and/or looks?
Go to the "Last Active" link and click on as many ladies profiles as you can, they'll send you a message back within a few minutes. Also, helps if your online at 6 am in the morning(mountain time zone) and you have a good picture of yourself in a suit and tie.
That's what I have on there: a pic of me in a suit and tie.
Wielding the blade of evil's bane, he sealed the dark one away and gave the land light. This man, who traveled through time to save the land, was known as the Hero of Men. The man's tale was passed down through generations until it became legend...
walrusface
Freshman Poster

Post by walrusface »

The DIA site definitely is good, I have had a lot of messages as well, which makes quite a change from sites like Plenty of Fish. the difference is almost unbelievable. I have had more messages in a week than I had in about six years of being on POF.
However I seem to have found myself with the 'problem' that one girl seems to think I am her bf after speaking to her for a couple of hours on ym! I would like to look around to see who else is on there who I might be more suited to etc, but I somehow got the feeling that she thinks we're in some kind of relationship now. I didn't quite know what to say without making her feel stupid or hurting her feelings.
I have definitely got a very good impression the Phillipines though and can't wait to actually go over there.
Politically incorrect comics at www.minds.com/SlapdashComix
Will N. Dowd
Junior Poster

Post by Will N. Dowd »

I now have 3575 messages, and I took an 8 month break from it and hid my profile. I usually get about 40 messages a day.
Seeker
Freshman Poster

Post by Seeker »

Have you even been anywhere yet? It's been a long time since you joined...