The wisdom of witch burning

If you're a history buff, love to talk about history and watch the History Channel, this is the board for that.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

The wisdom of witch burning

Post by Cornfed »

Here Ed Dutton posits the theory that historical witches are the equivalent of modern fugly feminist SJWs and that killing them served a valuable social function. We should learn from the wisdom of our ancestors.

flowerthief00
Junior Poster

Re: The wisdom of witch burning

Post by flowerthief00 »

A feminist turned me into a newt. (I got better)
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

I read an article on the Salem witch trials. The version of it we are familiar with through The Crucible is a modernist view, that it was all hysteria and there was nothing to the charges of witchcraft. But he studied the court records. The victims, while they were on the stand, were being tormented by demons with their limbs being contorted in unnatural provisions. The minister, Cotton Mather, sent a message to the judges trying to convince them that they should not convict based on spectral evidence. If a spirit came to someone that looked like Ms. So and So, that doesn't mean Ms. So and So sent the spirit by witchcraft, for example.

Archeological evidence shows that there were the equivalent of voodoo dolls at Salem during the time period, I've read.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

It just shows that a lot of the old ways that post Enlightenment people dismiss as irrational make perfect sense. Imagine how awesome it would be if all feminist SJWs were hanged as witches while all female priests, Christian Zionists and so-called Christians promoting sexual deviancy were burned at the stake for heresy, as they rightfully would have been back in the day.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Evelynnak wrote:
October 15th, 2019, 12:11 pm
Has anyone here seen The Thief of Bagdad from the 1940s? The princess just sniffed The Blue Rose of Forgetfulness and forgot who she was. Hmmm, that sounds familiar
Um what does this have to do with witch burning or witch hunts?! That movie, while good, is unrelated to this topic. Are you a spammer?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

One point I wanna make:

Given that there is countless evidence and case examples showing that paranormal and supernatural phenomena do exist, and that there is a higher power and spirit world, well documented in books, films, research institutes, universities, etc. it makes no sense that modern historians all claim that witches never existed, as though that were some kind of proven fact, when it is not.

But they always say that in modern witch documentaries on BBC or the History Channel. That's very odd. It's like they have a hive mind that automatically assumes that atheism is the default truth (without needing any proof) and there is not spirit world or supernatural world, etc without basis or logical argument. It's as though their belief that witches were never real is a default truth that needs no logical arguments or evidence to support it, just because that's the view of modern academia. That is illogical and makes no sense.

It's as though atheism is given a free ride and is assumed to be a basic fact like 2+2=4 when in reality no book or scholar or philosopher has ever come up with any logical arguments to support the claim that God and the spirit world doesn't exist. Not even Richard Dawkins has in his books, all he does is spout hatred toward organized religion, that's all, but he does not prove that the spirit world or supernatural or even God or a creator don't exist. None of the atheists have, which is surprising because you'd expect an atheism book to contain some logical arguments for why God and the supernatural do not exist. But they contain none, surprisingly. In contrast many theology books contain at least 5 or 10 arguments for the existence of God. And countless paranormal books contain evidence for the paranormal, with real life documented cases and accounts.

So the atheists are basically working with nil, ZERO, while claiming to be the default proven truth that everyone needs to accept even though their paradigm is unsupported by any evidence or logical arguments. That's very illogical and evidence of mind control and brainwashing by the establishment and academia, which has an agenda to turn everyone in atheists. Is that a communist agenda or what? It seems to have worked in Europe unfortunately, but China and Russia are having religious revivals everywhere and growing, fortunately.

The thing about the paranormal is, there are countless cases attesting to it, and if even 5 percent of them are true, then paranormal phenomena is real, which suggests the spirit world is real too. Even if 1 percent of the cases are true, that's enough still to prove that the phenomena is real.

Given that, it's not out of the realm of possibility that witchcraft is real, or sorcery. Spells do work. I've seen them work before. And all wise ancient people knew this and believed in magick and the occult. They were wiser than us in many ways. So it's stupid for modern historians to claim that witches never existed as though it were a proven fact when in reality it is not. You guys get what I mean?

For example, see this BBC documentary "Witches: A Century of Murder" about the witch hunts and witch burnings in the 1600's. Notice that throughout, the blonde narrator keeps claiming that witches never existed, as though nothing paranormal is ever true, and that it's a documented fact that we all know, as though we all have a hive mind and cannot think for ourselves. That's stupid and isn't true and doesn't make sense either.

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

What do you think @jamesbond? Isn't it odd that most western men today automatically dismiss anything paranormal or supernatural with the wave of a hand and denial and say "Ohhhh that's bullshit!" as though it were a programmed knee jerk reaction? And they don't even want to consider it or look into it at all? They just dismiss it as BS with no further interest, as though they KNOW for a fact it's ridiculous, when in reality TONS of evidence for the supernatural/paranormal exist, if one wants to research it. Isn't that odd? Why do so many modern men do that, with arrogance and certainty as though they KNOW for sure? Very odd and illogical. Yet most western men adopt that mindset, as if they've been brainwashed by atheism without knowing it. Even some men on this forum such as @WorldTraveler are like that too and never question their own beliefs or reactions.

Science and the supernatural do not conflict. One can choose both, rather than one or the other, but modern academia brainwashes you into thinking they are mutually exclusive when they are not. The greatest scientists such as Newton, Galileo, Copernicus, Einstein, Tesla, etc never thought so either, they've always believed in both. It's funny how nearly everyone is brainwashed without realizing it. So funny.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

MrMan wrote:
July 25th, 2019, 9:58 pm
I read an article on the Salem witch trials. The version of it we are familiar with through The Crucible is a modernist view, that it was all hysteria and there was nothing to the charges of witchcraft. But he studied the court records. The victims, while they were on the stand, were being tormented by demons with their limbs being contorted in unnatural provisions. The minister, Cotton Mather, sent a message to the judges trying to convince them that they should not convict based on spectral evidence. If a spirit came to someone that looked like Ms. So and So, that doesn't mean Ms. So and So sent the spirit by witchcraft, for example.

Archeological evidence shows that there were the equivalent of voodoo dolls at Salem during the time period, I've read.
Did you know MrMan, that the Christian community has alternative views on what the witch hunts were all about? For example, Jack Chick of Chick Publications, famous for their easy to read Christian comic books and gospel tracts, claims that the Salem Witch trials and Inquisition were really about Catholics burning Protestants at the stake, which the church condoned and allowed the accusers to take their property too. And John Todd, a mysterious Illuminati whistleblower who came out in the late 70's and then disappeared, said in his lectures that if you research the historical records of Salem, you will find that it was about Satanists burning Christians, not the other way around.

Have you looked into these alternative theories put forth by Christians? If not, you should. They are interesting and worth looking into.

TruthSeeker
Junior Poster

Post by TruthSeeker »

I think it happened both ways. Witches were burned at the stake and the Roman Catholic Church killed true Christians.

The Bible says, Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live.

The Roman Catholic Church has butchered millions. Read Foxes Book of Martyrs. They viciously killed Christians in the most horrible ways.
flowerthief00
Junior Poster

Post by flowerthief00 »

Winston wrote:
October 18th, 2019, 11:24 pm
It's as though atheism is given a free ride and is assumed to be a basic fact like 2+2=4 when in reality no book or scholar or philosopher has ever come up with any logical arguments to support the claim that God and the spirit world doesn't exist. Not even Richard Dawkins has in his books, all he does is spout hatred toward organized religion, that's all, but he does not prove that the spirit world or supernatural or even God or a creator don't exist. None of the atheists have, which is surprising because you'd expect an atheism book to contain some logical arguments for why God and the supernatural do not exist. But they contain none, surprisingly. In contrast many theology books contain at least 5 or 10 arguments for the existence of God. And countless paranormal books contain evidence for the paranormal, with real life documented cases and accounts.
If proof of a negative is your requirement for being able to say a thing doesn't exist then you can never deny the existence of any deity that the mind of man has ever invented, from Poseidon to Ra to Thor to Kali to Amaterasu to Maui to Huitzilopochtli to literally any god or otherworldly entity that has ever been named including a few I am making up myself right now. None of them have ever been proven to not exist. Teachers, scientists, and history shows would have to treat every single one of the zillions of deities any bloke has ever believed in as possibly existing for real due to the undeniable fact that nobody has inspected every centimeter of the universe where a deity might be hanging out.

Ditto for almost every supernatural phenomenon that has ever been claimed. You can never deny that there could be normal-looking people out there somewhere who are actually skull-faced aliens that can only be seen for what they are through the use of sunglasses as in the movie They Live. That's never been proven to not exist.

Proof of a negative is such an impossibly high standard that most of us don't require it in order to dismiss a claim lacking in evidence. Since you do, I'm curious to hear what you are doing to prepare yourself for the possibility that you might meet Huitzilopochtli in the next life given that he has never been proven to not exist? I mean, he seems like a pretty brutal guy. If he exists it could turn out really bad to not be properly prepared.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Winston wrote:
October 18th, 2019, 11:39 pm
MrMan wrote:
July 25th, 2019, 9:58 pm

Did you know MrMan, that the Christian community has alternative views on what the witch hunts were all about? For example, Jack Chick of Chick Publications, famous for their easy to read Christian comic books and gospel tracts, claims that the Salem Witch trials and Inquisition were really about Catholics burning Protestants at the stake, which the church condoned and allowed the accusers to take their property too. And John Todd, a mysterious Illuminati whistleblower who came out in the late 70's and then disappeared, said in his lectures that if you research the historical records of Salem, you will find that it was about Satanists burning Christians, not the other way around.

Have you looked into these alternative theories put forth by Christians? If not, you should. They are interesting and worth looking into.
From what I hear, Jack Chick isn't much of a historian. I read that one of his tracks alleges that the Jesuits started Islam. They would have had to have had a time machine to go back nearly 1000 years.