Different Concepts of God - Theism, Pantheism, Panpsychism, etc

Discuss deep philosophical topics and questions.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Different Concepts of God - Theism, Pantheism, Panpsychism, etc

Post by Winston »

A growing theory among scientists and academics is Panpsychism, the theory that the universe is conscious. It explains a lot of paranormal and psychic phenomena like ESP and telepathy. Dr. Rupert Sheldrake talks a lot about it.

Rupert Sheldrake on Panpsychism

David Chalmers on Panpsychism

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Different Concepts of God - Theism, Pantheism, Panpsychism, etc

Post by Winston »

Does the Universe Have a Mind? - Exploring Panpsychism with Philip Goff | Waking Cosmos

Does the Universe Have a Mind?

My guest today is the philosopher Philip Goff, known for his defense of panpsychism, which is the idea that consciousness, —the distinctly interior and subjective nature of our minds, could in fact be a fundamental aspect of reality.

With growing support for panpsychism in academia, it is a view that Goff believes could do for the philosophy of mind, what Darwin’s theory of evolution did for biology.

In our conversation today, we discuss the reasons for believing that consciousness is an intrinsic part of reality, as well as the implications for both cosmology and life on this planet.

We also explore how panpsychism, in conjunction with "priority monism", could entail the existence of cosmic mind. This view, Philip has termed “Cosmopsychism.”
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne