Everybody Hates Americans

Discuss deep philosophical topics and questions.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

Behaving like an arrogant asshole is one of the keys to success in America(and Canada). You'll have more friends, more girlfriends and better job opportunities. However, this type of behaviour rarely helps you when living in most countries where people are generally less narcissistic.

http://www.salon.com/2014/11/28/everybo ... ned_other/

Is American Society Becoming More Narcissistic?
http://www.sott.net/article/289703-Is-A ... rcissistic

Paranoia is just having the right information. - William S. Burroughs
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on March 4th, 2020, 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Everybody Hates Americans

Post by Taco »

However, as many have pointed out "Filipinos are obsessed with Americans and American culture".

Brief Thoughts on Living in the Philippines
http://mattforney.com/2014/07/28/brief- ... ilippines/
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

I don't always agree! I've been to too many places where the women love American men for good reason. Many women from poorer countries are NOT in tune with world politics or current events outside of their own country. They see American tourists and compared to men from other countries, most Americans bathe, dress well and fairly well behaved.

However, the same viewpoint is different when dealing with European women. Years ago, I took my wife over to Koh Samui. We were sitting on a beach next to a few British ladies who were about my same age. We were about 5 feet apart. She eventually said to me, "god I hate most Americans." I replied back, "yes many of them are a*holes and I can see your point of view." After I said that, we were good buds and struck up a nice conversation.

She went on to say that I shouldn't take her comments personally. She expanded that the rest of the world is tired of American's being "the Policeman of the World" that and the fact that we are constantly at war seemingly hitting the hornets nest with unending determination. But it's not difficult to overcome even the harshest critic out there. We've all heard it before, don't be the Ugly American, put on a smile and be respectful. You'll do fine.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Taco wrote:Behaving like an arrogant asshole is one of the keys to success in America(and Canada). You'll have more friends, more girlfriends and better job opportunities. However, this type of behaviour rarely helps you when
I cannot confirm that 'everybody hates Americans'.

However a huge number of people outside of USA and many USA citizens themselves who are living abroad do not like American politics, especially external politics.

The US-government is obsessed to control every US-citizen overseas.

USA is also obsessed to teach all foreigners, who do not agree with USA, that their personal life-style is wrong.

USA is somewhat the moral policeman of the world, teaching parents worldwide how to respect children (especially by ignoring father's rights), teaching men how to respect women as every man is a rapist due to feminist rhetoric, teaching what to eat (US-beef/pork) and what not to eat (whale-meat and such curiosity food), USA is interfering indeed deeply into the daily life of ordinary people including religion and their families, despite they are living far away from the USA.

Of course the USA-government has a lot of enemies and is facing plenty of critics because of that.

However US-citizens, who are living abroad as their personal decision, like retirement, marriage with a foreign women etc. rarely report any problem - I know several US-citizens here in Tokyo, working for international trade, international school, electronic companies etc. and there are no complaints at all. (and do not ask me what they talk about their own government)

Also in Thailand, some of my neighbors are US-citizens - they never complain.

The only thing, what I really noticed, is that these American men who are living abroad and never have problems, is the fact that they are all men and they do not have a wife from USA. They ALL have local wives, or from countries nearby. Japan, China, Philippines, Vietnam, Thai etc.
US-women rarely show up in Asia and most are gone - rather frustrated - within a few months. Asian society does not fit them.

I cannot confirm, that ordinary people outside of USA hate individual American men who are living outside of USA.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »