Editing of posts now has a time limit

Announcements and site updates.
Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Editing of posts now has a time limit

Post by Moretorque »

Oh well I guess I am paranoid and my ego is out there..
Time to Hide!

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Update:

Since there are complaints about Mercer blanking out his posts, I changed the forum to DISALLOW editing of one's posts after 3 days. That means after you submit a post, you have 3 days, or 72 hours, to edit it and make changes. I should have done this long ago, but some of you still want to be able to edit your posts even from long ago. So you can't please everyone.

What do you all think? Is 3 days long enough or too long or too short? What do you all prefer the time limit to be? Is 3 days reasonable?

Do you all see the Edit button on your posts that are over 3 days old. Is it gone now?

In addition, I also set it so that you can't delete your posts either that are older than 3 days.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

Winston wrote:
December 11th, 2022, 9:59 pm
Update:

Since there are complaints about Mercer blanking out his posts, I changed the forum to DISALLOW editing of one's posts after 3 days. That means after you submit a post, you have 3 days, or 72 hours, to edit it and make changes. I should have done this long ago, but some of you still want to be able to edit your posts even from long ago. So you can't please everyone.

What do you all think? Is 3 days long enough or too long or too short? What do you all prefer the time limit to be? Is 3 days reasonable?

Do you all see the Edit button on your posts that are over 3 days old. Is it gone now?

In addition, I also set it so that you can't delete your posts either that are older than 3 days.
I don't think that's a good idea. Sometimes people have legitimate reasons for editing like correct typos or fixing broken links. Many people want to have editing like @fschmidt said.

Maybe you should put it to a vote because it's not something that's popular. Mercer should be punished if he's causing trouble with a 30 ban.

It's obvious he's unpopular. Why hasn't he been given a temporary ban yet when he has legitimate reasons for being given one?

@MarcosZeitola Maybe you have something to add?
I'm a visionary and a philosopher king 👑
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Well Tsar, you have 3 days to edit your posts for spelling mistakes or revisions. Isn't that already very generous? Most forums only give you a few hours to edit your post. If you want to revise a post, you can just add a new post and explain that you are adding onto a previous post?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

Winston wrote:
December 11th, 2022, 10:48 pm
Well Tsar, you have 3 days to edit your posts for spelling mistakes or revisions. Isn't that already very generous? Most forums only give you a few hours to edit your post. If you want to revise a post, you can just add a new post and explain that you are adding onto a previous post?
It's a good rule, and three days is generous to the point of almost being excessive; I say one hour is even better. I don't even understand why anyone would go back and literally blank out ALL his posts. Imagine going and blanking out thousands of posts like @Ghost did for example. Imagine the time it would take you. :o
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I agree MZ. I would prefer to make the time limit 2 days. However, when I study metaphysics I hear that 3 is a sacred number in all religions and sacred temples. Tesla even did everything in 3, 6, and 9 because they are part of the sacred geometry of the universe. So I often do things in 3's if possible. Sorry if I sound like a kook. lol. For more info, see that Ancient Aliens episode on History Channel called "The Power of Three" which shows how 3 is a sacred number in all cultures and religions. It's mind blowing.

MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

Winston wrote:
December 11th, 2022, 10:57 pm
I agree MZ. I would prefer to make the time limit 2 days. However, when I study metaphysics I hear that 3 is a sacred number in all religions and sacred temples. Tesla even did everything in 3, 6, and 9 because they are part of the sacred geometry of the universe. So I often do things in 3's if possible. Sorry if I sound like a kook. lol. For more info, see that Ancient Aliens episode on History Channel called "The Power of Three" which shows how 3 is a sacred number in all cultures and religions. It's mind blowing.
I suppose if you went for hours rather than days, you could make the editing limit three hours, too. So you'd still adhere to the magical number of three. This reminds me of how I really should be aiming for three wives one day, lol. :lol:
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

MZ,
3 hour time limit for editing posts is too short don't you think? I mean what if you wrote a post one night and the next morning you realize you forgot to add something to it, but the 3 hour time limit is over? Isn't that kind of strict? If you want to shorten it, why not 24 hours then at least? That should be enough time too right?

WilliamSmith
Veteran Poster

Post by WilliamSmith »

MarcosZeitola wrote:
December 11th, 2022, 10:54 pm
It's a good rule, and three days is generous to the point of almost being excessive; I say one hour is even better. I don't even understand why anyone would go back and literally blank out ALL his posts. Imagine going and blanking out thousands of posts like @Ghost did for example. Imagine the time it would take you. :o
Heh, well I really think Mercer has always just been having everyone on for fun with his trolling (including his supposed deep regrets in the shoutbox today which to me just look like him exercising his trademark sense of humor again), and I don't think he actually means anything he said, but on the other hand there was that Joe guy who got his back up at me and was trying to say there was "no such thing as misogny" after I used the word, then whined about "PUAs," and then got upset with me for posting a pic of a Japanese castle in the same thread as him, so he immediately deleted all his posts into blanks and disappeared. So for those types of guys, I'm guessing the motivation is them wishing they'd never joined the forum and wanting to disappear, even though people can see all the quoted posts if anyone responded.

As for my preference, I prefer longer or even indefinite (no limit) time to edit a post, since I have improved some threads by being able to edit the 1st post and add new info I had learned in case it was useful, but it's not that big a deal, if the handful of trolls and "regretters" are really that big a deal that you guys think you need to impose editing limits. :lol:
If you're serious about "taking the red pill," read thoroughly researched work by an unbiased "American intellectual soldier of our age" to learn what controlled media doesn't want you to see 8) : https://www.unz.com/page/american-pravda-series/