Earning an income online

Discussions computers, internet and mobile technology (cell phones, smart phones, iPads).
Mr Natural
Freshman Poster

Re: Re:

Post by Mr Natural »

Winston wrote:
May 8th, 2020, 6:29 am
if you want something easy that requires no learning curve ....
Then just get a job or rob a bank. Waaaay too much competition online to make any decent amount of money easily. Those days are gone. Hundreds of millions of people around the world want to make money at home (ie online) and you will be competing with millions who think $3 an hour is awesome. Forget easy.
Everybody has a plan til they get punched in the mouth
Mike Tyson
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Re:

Post by Winston »

Mr Natural wrote:
May 12th, 2020, 10:31 am
Winston wrote:
May 8th, 2020, 6:29 am
if you want something easy that requires no learning curve ....
Then just get a job or rob a bank. Waaaay too much competition online to make any decent amount of money easily. Those days are gone. Hundreds of millions of people around the world want to make money at home (ie online) and you will be competing with millions who think $3 an hour is awesome. Forget easy.
I didn't say it was easy to make money online. You took me out of context. Read my post again. I said it was easy to use Blogger to start a blog. It's the easiest platform or CMS out there. Even kids can use it.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Mr Natural
Freshman Poster

Re: Earning an income online

Post by Mr Natural »

I can read quite well. You said "if you want something easy".... Although of course you were talking about blogging per se, the thread in general is about making money online. My contention is that looking for the easy way is not going to be conducive to success and should be avoided, most especially in this particular field. As Miyamoto Musashi once said, there is no shortcut to any place worth going. YMMV but I doubt it.
Everybody has a plan til they get punched in the mouth
Mike Tyson
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Mr Natural wrote:
May 13th, 2020, 12:01 pm
I can read quite well. You said "if you want something easy".... Although of course you were talking about blogging per se, the thread in general is about making money online. My contention is that looking for the easy way is not going to be conducive to success and should be avoided, most especially in this particular field. As Miyamoto Musashi once said, there is no shortcut to any place worth going. YMMV but I doubt it.
True. Nothing is easy unless you are lucky and get help from the right people. Some people do have good paying jobs that involve little work and a relaxed schedule. Its true. Ive had those before too. So we arent all equal. Some are more blessed and lucky than others.

Yes its not easy to make money online. I never said it was. But putting up a website has gotten easier and easier over the years. Blogger is one of the easiest interfaces to learn. Even i can figure it out.

So yeah anyone can put up a site now and give it a try at least. You never know. If its meant to be it will be and the universe will help you out. Remember God helps those who help themselves. And the chinese saying is "the journey of a thousand miles begins with one step". So you gotta take that first step. Everyone does. You never know if u dont try. Remember also that u regret more the things you didnt do than the things you did. Thats all im saying.

Before 2002 when i put up my geocities site, I never thought I'd ever put up a website because i had no idea what it would be about. I had no good ideas. But my destiny led me to put up one. All i did was go with the flow. You gotta do the same and get the ball rolling and follow whatever it is that you're meant to do. You gotta have a purpose in life. That's the main important thing. Having a purpose is what makes you get out of bed and carry on and willing to endure the dreariness of life. Its the fuel that keeps you going. Remember that.

The main thing is to do what EXCITES you and makes you passionate and excited. Thats' when you do your BEST work. So if you're gonna start a blog, do it about something that you are very excited and passionate about. That's when you do your best work and will have the drive and motivation to keep going. That's the key.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Decu
Freshman Poster

Post by Decu »

I guess that because of wide spreading of Internet more and more people start earning online, no wonder. Particularly crypto trading is in high demand nowadays. I know that a lot of my friends made a fortune trading crypto (mostly BTC and fundamentals). Early in 2017 it was relatively easy to make money because every coin was in demand but now the market is overflowing with new coins. Crypto experts say that in the end there will be only one coin and that is of course BTC. Time will tell :D I am fairly certain that Bitcoin will not disappear thus if you want to get it right, to understand its essence, and find out dependable strategies of trading BTC then follow the link to read the article about all those things https://primexbt.com/blog/what-is-bitcoin-trading/. Hope it was helpful :)
Last edited by Decu on September 30th, 2020, 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

You guys need to discover the benefits of PASSIVE income. Most of what I am seeing on this thread is active, online income.

In your twenties you need to be positioning yourselves for eventual high income, while paying off all debts.

Your stashes of wealth need to be spread around in online crowdfunded investments, preferably in multi-family real estate.

From your 20s to your 50 you’ll see your monthly income from these go from the several hundred per month to several thousand per month, with no labor on your part.

Get into the mindset of purchasing cash flowing investments. When you have one, that will be good. When you accumulate 15 or more, you will be slaying the game like you would have never before imagined.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
September 7th, 2020, 3:25 pm
You guys need to discover the benefits of PASSIVE income. Most of what I am seeing on this thread is active, online income.

In your twenties you need to be positioning yourselves for eventual high income, while paying off all debts.

Your stashes of wealth need to be spread around in online crowdfunded investments, preferably in multi-family real estate.

From your 20s to your 50 you’ll see your monthly income from these go from the several hundred per month to several thousand per month, with no labor on your part.

Get into the mindset of purchasing cash flowing investments. When you have one, that will be good. When you accumulate 15 or more, you will be slaying the game like you would have never before imagined.
Unfortunately this all presupposes the government handing you lots of money for being defective in some way, such as being of a loser race. Not everyone has that advantage.
hypermak
Experienced Poster

Post by hypermak »

I am in my early thirties but learned to save and invest from an early age, thanks to my family. By far the best investment one can make is on themselves: acquire a skill, a trade, a profession who allows your income to grow over time.

I might not have the best-paid profession in the world (I'm an exec chef) but the experience and reputation I have been building for the past 15 years will allow me to attract investment and open my own restaurant franchise in the next few years. Perhaps it's a part of the US cultural DNA, to think that everything can come easy if one plays "smart", which is why everyone over seems to be constantly looking for the ultimate tip, the biggest thing to invest on, the life-changing seminar, etc.

Reality as I and a bunch of people I met all over Europe have experienced, first hand, nothing comes easy and the "smart" part is maybe 10%. Then it's 70% hard work and passion, and 20% pure luck. By luck I also mean finding the right people to invest with, pick the right timing in a market cycle, as well as the pure effect of chance. My luck was to find two reputable fund managers while working in London UK, who set me up a mid/hi-risk equity portfolio, with some exposure to real estate but mostly stocks. This is one of the best funds I am invested in: https://www.fundsmith.co.uk/

The main challenge people my age have right today is to gain saving power. Unless one comes from a family of money, it's hard for a twenty to thirty year old to stand on their own feet and be able to save more than a few hundred dollars every month, at the same time. I know college debt is and high rental costs in the few cities with superior job opportunities are a big problem in the US. Less so in Europe, since most universities are public but jobs usually pay a lot less an average and taxation is a b*tch.

Let's add that most youth of today prefers living in the present than saving for the future. They are ill-prepared to make sacrifices and live the kind of frugal life their parents and grandparents had. My parents used to let us kids spend our summer with an auntie who had a house on the beach while they worked every day at our shops, 4 AM till past midnight even on Sundays, and only started to take a week a year holiday well past their 50s.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Cornfed wrote:
September 7th, 2020, 3:45 pm
September 7th, 2020, 3:25 pm

Unfortunately this all presupposes the government handing you lots of money for being defective in some way, such as being of a loser race. Not everyone has that advantage.
Or it can be explained by compound interest and similar math applied to equity investments. Returns on stocks are typically higher, but they can go up and down, so the calculations are not as simple.

I notice you always offer some kind of excuse or negative comment whenever people post about growing money, financial or career success.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

MrMan wrote:
September 7th, 2020, 6:20 pm
Or it can be explained by compound interest and similar math applied to equity investments. Returns on stocks are typically higher, but they can go up and down, so the calculations are not as simple.
What I mean is that you have to have a high surplus of income to invest in the first place. Most people are or will be broke.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

MrMan wrote:
Or it can be explained by compound interest....
Precisely and this is the math that most people can't get their heads around (to their great detriment.)
MrMan wrote: Returns on stocks are typically higher, but they can go up and down, so the calculations are not as simple.
I have differ with you on that one, but I give you a pass because most people are of the same belief. Take a look at the graph below:

More importantly, stocks typically do not take into account the periodic losses. For example, if I invest $100k and it goes down by 50%, I'll be down to only $50k. I will therefore have to achieve a gain of 100% to get back to my original $100k. However, Wall Street will report that two-year average return as 25% even though I have made no money! The math involved with stock returns are very deceptive like that because of the downturns. Private equity does not have the same volatility that creates these deceptive returns so you end up with even more in the end.
MrMan wrote: I notice you always offer some kind of excuse or negative comment whenever people post about growing money, financial or career success.
I long ago realized that that is his coping mechanism. People like that have a tendency to ridiculously rationalize why they are broke or unsuccessful. The sad thing for them is, by doing that, they internalize their failure and doom themselves from ever getting ahead.

But one thing @Cornfed doesn't realize is it also motivates me in a very ironic way so it has the opposite effect of what is intended. There was a video published just today on this very subject!

I agree with this wholeheartedly as I have dealt with similar personalities going all the way up the pyramid. In fact, if I don't get negativity of this kind, it is a signal that I am no longer moving upward as I should be. So welcome it!
Spencer
Junior Poster

Post by Spencer »

Calculamation CAGR so after 5 year exampling 100 grow up reach the 365 with divduende reinvestment make followup mathing (365 / 100)^(1/5) - 1 = 29.5 percenting mean return each year averaging on implication compoundment basis within get you nifty thrifty near 30% look so so nice comparative ripy jipy gankster bankster acunt return maybe 0.0000000000000001% wowee weeee make you big suker out of luker hoy hoy hoy
"Close mind genus more dangrous than 10,000 dumwits" - Spencer

"Wiseton is a very dynamic individual, what most would call a genius. He's started a movement, and only genius types can do such a thing." - Boycottamericanwomen
hypermak
Experienced Poster

Post by hypermak »

@Contrarian Expatriate, it's hard to ignore your posts when not only they report incorrect information, they also patronise other members (@MrMan in this case) as if they were part of the stupid ignorant mass. MrMan is actually right.

Private equity is generally riskier and more volatile than public equity (stocks). The kind of companies available for funding via private equity don't have to comply with the stricter transparency and compliance regulations as for public companies. This means there is a higher chance that the non-listed company might be hiding something when raising capital via private equity, which means higher, not lower risk.

Typical case of a VC investor putting their cash on a new, promising start-up which, as it turns out, has cooked its books and misrepresented its IP and won't survive past its 3rd year. Or a new real estate project that won't sell at the target price and will have returns far below market average. The risk is a lot higher than investing in listed stocks or funds.

But OK, it's about risk and reward. If the returns were really a lot better than for stock holding, then it would indeed make sense. However, there is little or no evidence that private equity outperforms public equity.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/peternesvo ... 6d0589471c

[...]

Phalippou’s study finds that investors earned about $1.5 (net of fees) per $1 invested in private equity funds from 2006 through the end of 2019, implying a multiple of money (MoM) of approximately 1.5x. Assuming an investment period of approximately four to five years, this 1.5x MoM implies an annual return of approximately 11% — precisely in-line with the buy-and-hold returns achieved simply from investing in relevant public equity indices during that period. An annual return of 11% might align with investors’ long-term expectations for public equities, but it falls well short of the 20%-plus opportunity marketed to private equity investors.

[...]
The things that are enticing about the private equity funds @Contrarian Expatriate is talking about is that:
  1. they are usually markets reserved to higher-wealth investors who have minimum capital of several thousand dollars and understand the risks involved; however, the crowdfunding (money pooling) programmes CE mentions give smaller investor access to this market with much smaller amounts;
  2. instead of paying their returns in additional stocks, they usually pay in cash, giving the investor the illusion that they are receiving a safe handouts every cycle, e.g. every month.
As the article above says, the math behind the returns of private equity markets is just as misleading, if not more, as that of public equity markets. It's very probablt that CE might have sat one or more of these investment seminars promising amazing returns using lesser-known strategies and has picked up some of their spiel. Reality, as usually happens, is another.

Sources: Google, Investopedia, Wikipedia, my fund manager who actively discouraged me from touching private equity 2 years ago, saying more or less what I have said above.
Spencer
Junior Poster

Post by Spencer »

Excitement news read all bout it for raise money for before crowdfund limitation only 1.07 mn maybe go up to 5 mn and make more simple simon for now limitation 10 thousand per investmentor should make big relaxation of max amounting and open both acredit investorman and mickeymouseman......this law not pass but only recmendation from sec to lawmaker but most lawmaker body not know jac squat bout fund raise so normalment sec say the lawman ruber stamp for we see new law probly pas by midle 2021 or more early so if you got the pet project think answer to some big world problem or tinytim nich market all same for after the pas new law become so much more easy raise the big monies if you making idea sound atractiv for it to becom 90 percent bout skil marketing and sexy pichbook dek

and we see beter crowdfund compare privacy placement for crowdfund much more big fees but fac is open price value on crowdfund normalment so much more hi compare privacy placement start price so after all said and done do all mathmeticals discovery reg cf put much more monys in founderman pocketing comparison reg d so dont be no dumpchump that get fool for jus folow da money and sit tightly waiting and post covid 2021 your so so big chance become bossman of golden goose ideas so wait few months iron get redhot will be time for strike hardfastly

https://crowdfundinglegalhub.com/2020/0 ... 20of%20Reg.
"Close mind genus more dangrous than 10,000 dumwits" - Spencer

"Wiseton is a very dynamic individual, what most would call a genius. He's started a movement, and only genius types can do such a thing." - Boycottamericanwomen
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

September 7th, 2020, 6:54 pm
MrMan wrote:
Or it can be explained by compound interest....
Precisely and this is the math that most people can't get their heads around (to their great detriment.)
MrMan wrote: Returns on stocks are typically higher, but they can go up and down, so the calculations are not as simple.
I have differ with you on that one, but I give you a pass because most people are of the same belief. Take a look at the graph below:
I was going to say 'equity investments' but I figured most people would not know what I was talking about. I meant stocks versus interest--putting money in the bank, T-Bills, etc., not that stocks purchased on the stock market are the best investment there is.