Samsung refuses to honor warranty if you bought the phone abroad!

Discussions computers, internet and mobile technology (cell phones, smart phones, iPads).
Winston
Site Admin

Samsung refuses to honor warranty if you bought the phone abroad!

Post by Winston »

Dear @Rock,
WTF is going on? I thought you said Taiwan was more efficient than the Philippines?! My Samsung phone has been in the repair shop here in Taiwan for four days now! In the Philippines at the mall, the phone repair guy usually only makes me wait ONE HOUR only for my phone to be fixed! Why so long? I thought you said Taiwan was efficient? All they are going to do is replace the overheating battery, which keeps overheating every two minutes even when the phone is idle and doing nothing! Samsung SUCKS! How can a new phone do this? I thought everyone said Samsung was a good brand?

Also, they've broken my Asus phone twice now. I should have gotten the microphone replaced in the Philippines when I could for 1000p. But I wasn't sure whether to do so on the last day I was in Angeles. I thought I could do it in Taiwan too. But when I had another Taiwanese store fix it, they did fix the mic, but the charging pin was f***ed and would not charge with 80 or 90 percent of charging cables for android! WTF? When I told them about it weeks later, they didn't want to do anything about it and merely said I should have reported the problem earlier. I thought it may be normal because newer charging pins only work with new chargers?

So I take the Asus phone to another store, which sent it out to be fixed to another guy. And this time, they do fix the charging pin by replacing it with one I got from Ebay. However, now the phone is f***ed in two other ways now. First, the power button no longer pops out. It's stuck inside so you have to press it extra hard for it to work. Wasn't like that before. Also, the antenna is f***ed and very weak now. It can't get any cell phone signal at all in our neighborhood. If you go out toward the city it gets a little signal but it's still very weak. Too weak to be normal.

So you see, every time I get my phone fixed in Taiwan, they break one or two other things. WTF is up with that Rock?! I thought you said Taiwan was PERFECT and you don't have a single unkind word to say about Taiwan or its people? This is really f***ed. Like a jinx or curse or bad luck. How can a repair shop fix one problem and create one or two more, so I have to take it back to be fixed again? Seems like Murphy's Law. When you fix one problem in life, another seems to rise up to take its place immediately. Because we live in an energy extraction matrix that needs to continually feed you problems in order to frustrate you so it can make you suffer and extract energy from you. Because we are cattle on a farm that is designed to cause constant suffering and extract energy from you. That's the new paradigm from the highest level of truthers. Seems to make sense.

Btw, it could also be that when the Asus phone was damaged by rain in Cambodia, that the water damage, although gone, cause a slow erosion process that eventually corrodes every component of the phone. I read that water damage can do that to a phone even when the water is gone and the phone is dry. That it may slowly corrode the whole phone anyway and break down its components. I wonder if that's what's happening here. Because Taiwanese don't usually break things on purpose to make you come back and fix it again, unless they are stupid and clumsy and incompetent, which may be a possibility too since Taiwan does have its share of really stupid people too, which is true but you are afraid to admit Rock, because you're way too f***ing biased and one sided and afraid of the truth.

I sure hope my Samsung phone doesn't come back with additional problems too. Sheesh! Why do Taiwanese repair shops seem to be cursed or jinxed or f***ed up with incompetence or clumsiness? The repair shops in the Philippines aren't like that. Where is the Taiwanese efficiency that you talk about? Why doesn't it apply to repair shops?!
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Samsung refuses to honor warranty if you bought the phone abroad!

Post by Winston »

Live chat with Samsung reps in Taiwan:

線上服務
請稍後,我們的專員將優先為您服務。
歡迎使用Samsung即時文字互動服務,很高興能為您服務。
can you speak english?
11:48
hello
11:48
Louise
Wu先生/小姐,您好,午安
11:49
do you have any english service?
11:51
can I talk to an english speaking staff?
Louise
Please wait for your inquiry immediately.
hello?
ok
are you finding an english rep?
11:54
Louise
Sorry to keep you waiting since the mobile phone will generate operating temperature while executing the application (including background execution)
11:56
Louise
we suggest that you close the unnecessary applications of the mobile phone or the maintenance of the device through the "Recent Application" touch button on the lower left corner of your mobile phone. Moreover, release the memory which occupied through the "OPTIMAZATION NOW" button in the Device maintenance to reduce the working temperature of the mobile phone.
you don't understand.
my battery is overheating every two minutes even when the phone is doing nothing at all.
I contacted samsung about it before. they told me they cannot help me because I bought the phone in cambodia.
11:57
how do I fix it in taiwan or use the warranty?
Louise
If the above method still cannot resolve the problem, we suggest that you try in the safe mode.
Louise
Safe mode operation mode: The SAMSUNG Logo appears when the product is turned on, press and hold the lower volume until the boot is completed, the word “safe mode” will appear in the lower left corner of the phone which indicates successfully entry.
the American samsung website said I can mail it in?
I already tried the safe mode. still same problem.
11:58
should I do a factory reset or hard reset?
Louise
Sorry, no way to mail
but the american samsung website said you can mail your phone to service center.
I bought my phone in cambodia during an emergency situation.
11:59
can the taiwan service center fix the phone?
last time you told me to fly to cambodia. that's crazy. do you guys wanna pay for my flight? lol
hello?
12:03
Louise
Because our products, models, specifications, etc. sold in different countries are different
12:04
Louise
The specifications and parts of mobile phones in various countries are not fully compatible. If the local after-sales service center cannot provide services
12:04
Louise
If you need repair service in Taiwan, You can back up the data before taking the product to the service station for your confirmation.
12:05
Louise
However, whether there are relevant parts depends on the actual inspection. If the repair service can be accepted, we will first quote you, Follow up with your consent.
12:06
I tried to repair in taiwan but they said they couldn't fix it.
this is the only service center I could find:
Chiayi Nationality CHIAYI, 11.95 km address No.688 Minzu Road, West District, Chiayi City Opening hours Monday to Sunday: 11: 00 ~ 21: 00 3/5 Business hours changed to 12: 00 ~ 21: 00 telephone numbe
05-2277766 For more information, please contact customer service at 0800-32-9999.
12:07
Louise
I ’m really sorry, but please send it to the original place of purchase for repair
can the service center in Tainan fix it? can you ask them?
the original place is cambodia.
Louise
Sorry, if the repair center has stated that there is no material repair, the representative cannot repair in Taiwan
12:09
can you contact the service center in Tainan to see if I can mail it in?
Samsung Tainan Dongning Service Center Tainan City, 1.27 km address 2F, No.436 Dongning Road, Tainan City Opening hours Monday to Sunday 11:00 AM to 20:00 PM
For more information, please contact customer service at 0800-32-9999.
call them and ask. taiwanese are quite stubborn. different people say different things. they are not consistent.
sometimes they are stupid too.
Louise
Sorry, there is no product repair delivery service in Taiwan service station
can you call them and ask?
12:10
what if I went to the tainan store?
what if I went to the tainan service center directly?
what if I was in america? could they service the phone? it's crazy to tell me I can only service it in cambodia. I'd have to stay there for two weeks to wait for the service. that's crazy. how does sa
12:11
how does samsung get away with such a horrendous unfriendly policy?
Louise
If you send directly to the Tainan service station, whether there are relevant parts depends on the actual inspection. If the repair service can be accepted, we will first quote you, Follow up with your consent.
can I call them and ask first? or can you call them?
12:12
Louise
I ’m sorry to tell you that mobile phone products have the full after-sales service provided by the country of purchase. The warranty policy is mainly based on the announcement of the purchase region.
12:12
Louise
I haven't heard from you for a while. Are you still there?
12:14
Louise
Are you still there?
12:15
Louise
We apology that we haven't received your respond. If you still have further question for our product or any inquiry, please contact us without any hesitation. Thank you and wish you have a nice day!
12:16
yes
12:17
can you contact the tainan service center and ask them for me?
will the tainan service center try to fix it?
對話結束
歡迎您在這次服務之後提供給我們您的回饋及意見,只需要您撥出60秒的時間,如果您很滿意此次的服務,也請讓我們知道,謝謝。Survey Window Open
font size largerfont size smaller 結束

Type Here..
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Samsung refuses to honor warranty if you bought the phone abroad!

Post by Winston »

Other complaints online about Samsung's lack of international warranty and horrendous warranty policy against international travelers! I ought to file a complaint with the BBB against Samsung!

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Oth ... d-p/897432

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Oth ... d-p/444932

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Oth ... d-p/544419

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Gal ... d-p/360858