Discuss smart phones and laptops here

Discussions computers, internet and mobile technology (cell phones, smart phones, iPads).
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Questions about laptops and cell phones

Post by Winston »

This is the new phone i got to replace my water damaged phone, which came back to life the next day after i got a new one. Lol. Its the Samsung galaxy A50. Has 6GB RAM and 128GB internal memory space and 4000 milliamp battery life. Great specs. Also has three cameras in the back for ultra wide lens, which is great for panoramic scenery shots.

However every photo i take is 3 MB. Thats huge and wastes storage space. I cant figure out how to change the megapixel size. Ill search on Google or YouTube to see if anyone knows.

Heres a great video review of my new phone.

Amazing specs. This is the first time i got a good branded phone in a long time. Wow.

This means of course that the photos i send out to you guys next time will be much better quality of course. ;)
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Discuss smart phones and laptops here

Post by Winston »

Some tips for extending the battery life of your smart phone.

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/9-tips-ex ... tery-life/
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
TruthSeeker
Junior Poster

Post by TruthSeeker »

I have a Samsung Galaxy S5. In Camera settings I can change the picture size. What's weird is the smallest I can get is 6M (I assume this is 6mb).

Are the pictures not automatically stored in Google's servers? Do you have your pictures stored on your device only? Is there a setting for that?
flowerthief00
Junior Poster

Post by flowerthief00 »

TruthSeeker wrote:
October 14th, 2019, 3:01 am
I have a Samsung Galaxy S5. In Camera settings I can change the picture size. What's weird is the smallest I can get is 6M (I assume this is 6mb).

Are the pictures not automatically stored in Google's servers? Do you have your pictures stored on your device only? Is there a setting for that?
This is one thing that drives me nuts about the Galaxy. (I have an S7) Your choices for photo size are friggin' large, super-friggin' large, or extra-super-friggin' large. Very rapidly all your storage is used up in photos alone and you are thereafter constantly having to delete photos in order to take new ones.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hi everyone,
Check this out. If any of you want EMF protection from your phone and electronic devices and appliances, you can also try these shungite rocks and objects and pendants. I've been doing some research on shungite and its been verified to cancel out harmful EMF from electronic devices and wifi and home appliances too. See these links for more info:

https://www.emfacademy.com/shungite-com ... est-guide/
https://www.emfgrid.com/the-ultimate-guide-to-shungite/
https://www.emfprotectionforhome.com/do ... radiation/

Shungite is a black rock that comes from only one place on Earth in Karelia, Russia, and has many other health benefits too, such as spiritual cleansing, grounding, protection against negative energy, stress reduction, and even anti-bacterial effects when put in water.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shungite
The anti-bacterial properties of shungite have been confirmed by modern testing.[7]
It's also quite popular now in the holistic health community and New Age community, especially the crystal healing branch of it. It's a hot item on Ebay and Amazon too and comes in all shapes and sizes. See below.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R ... w=shungite

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=shungite&ref=nb_sb_noss_2

You can stick it on the back of your phone too, as you can see above, for protection against EMF from your phone.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Btw, speaking of EMF protection, in case you guys don't know, it's quite popular now to attach EMF protection stickers to the back of your phone, or on your laptop or microwave, to disperse EMF waves from harming you. Not only do these stickers protect from EMF, but they also claim to increase the battery life of your phone as well, and does not reduce the effectiveness of your phone's wifi or signal in any way either. Sounds like a great deal.

I found them cheap on Ebay so I'll be ordering them there too, but as I said before, stuff on Ebay takes forever now to ship, because of drop shipping. You can get them on Amazon too but they will be more expensive. Up to you. See below.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R ... ungite+EMF

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=emf+protecti ... _sb_noss_2

This is what they look like. They come in many different designs.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Just to clarify a common misconception. EMF protection stickers for your phone do not reduce or block EMF itself. They only neutralize the harmful effects of EMF by harmonizing the energy so it becomes non-toxic. So using an EMF detection device around the stickers will not show a reduction in EMF, which has made some skeptics think its a scam. But that's not how it works. See below.

https://www.amazon.com/Dr-Valerie-Nelso ... 01HIT4QXM/
Our product does not block EMFs, if it did, it would block the function of the device that emits the signal, therefore your device would not work. It is a misconception that neutralizing products will change EMF meters. There is no EMF measuring device currently that measures "neutralized" EMFs verses "blocked" EMFs. Testing your electronic with an EMR/EMF meter will NOT show you a reduction of the EMFs because instead of "blocking" the field we are "modifying and neutralizing" it. Homeopathic frequencies work by introducing a harmonizing frequency that protects the body from EMF toxicity. One way to test the effectiveness of the EMF Neutralizers, is by using applied kinesiology (muscle testing) which is used primarily by chiropractors and integrative natural practitioners. Please see demonstration video by Dr. Valerie Nelson to learn how to do the testing yourself. Refer to the product brochure to easily find the demo video.​
There are other ways of testing whether the anti-radiation stickers work. For example, this news clip shows a thermograph scanner showing that anti-radiation stickers on your phone reduces the heat inside a person's head, comparing the effect with and without the sticker.

There's also research showing physiological and biological differences in your body when you use the anti-radiation sticker on your phone vs not using it. See here:

https://shop.earthcalm.com/Research_c_34.html

Light
Freshman Poster

Post by Light »

Should American expats buy gaming laptops in America before they move abroad because electronics are cheaper in the US vs. abroad?

Is an expat buying a gaming laptop before permanently becoming an expat still cheaper if they live in California and need to pay 10% extra because of the sales tax? I use California as the example because I think it has the highest sales tax among America's 50 states.

I said gaming laptop because they have better features like colorful lit keyboards and come with better optional upgrades.

I also want to include things like smartphones, tablets, and computer accessory items in the questions.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Question: Do you guys leave your laptop plugged in all the time? Is that bad for the battery? Or do you unplug it after you use it? Or do you just plug it until the battery is full and then use it on battery alone? Does it matter with modern laptops? Here's what I found.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook- ... -p/6337353
Leaving your laptop plugged in will not cause short term damage, but if you only ever use it on AC power you’ll almost certainly find that after a year the battery’s capacity has been significantly reduced. Similarly, if you only ever use it on battery power you’ll get through the battery’s discharge cycles quicker.

So, the best solution is something of a compromise between the two: use it on battery power some days, and keep it plugged in on others. And in all cases, you’ll want to ensure it doesn’t get too hot.

TruthSeeker
Junior Poster

Post by TruthSeeker »

I had a laptop where the battery easily popped out and could just run it on a/c. This supposedly preserved the battery life. That laptop got fried. The new one I have you can not take the battery out easily. You have to open the laptop.

Maybe what I should do is charge the battery to 100%, then unplug it, run it till the battery is 0%, then charge it up again. Will this preserve or diminish battery life? I thought some batteries can only be charged and discharged 1000 times. Anyone have info on that?
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

TruthSeeker wrote:
February 21st, 2020, 11:50 pm
I had a laptop where the battery easily popped out and could just run it on a/c. This supposedly preserved the battery life. That laptop got fried. The new one I have you can not take the battery out easily. You have to open the laptop.

Maybe what I should do is charge the battery to 100%, then unplug it, run it till the battery is 0%, then charge it up again. Will this preserve or diminish battery life? I thought some batteries can only be charged and discharged 1000 times. Anyone have info on that?
From what I read in the articles, modern laptop batteries are smarter and don't need to be drained or reset periodically anymore. But if you want to anyway, you should drain it to 5 percent, then charge it again. If it gets to 0 it may risk the battery not starting up again. Best thing to do is a combination of both, some days leave the laptop plugged in and other days run it on battery only, thus using a combination of both. However, when you are done with the computer for the night, do you put it on sleep mode and unplug it? Or leave it plugged in? I guess it would be safer to unplug it and give it a break while it's on sleep mode? That would be my guess.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

How to stop Google from spying on you through your phone.

https://lineageos.org/

How to protect yourself from EMF from your phone using the new Safe and Sound Pro detection device.

Get the Safe and Sound Pro detection device here:

https://slt.co/Products/RFDetectors/Saf ... ector.aspx

TruthSeeker
Junior Poster

Post by TruthSeeker »

@Winston @HouseMD If you carry a cell phone in your front pocket can you get testicular cancer? Ovarian cancer for women? If you talk on a cell phone a lot and you are holding it up to your head, can you get brain cancer with all those radio waves being emitted from the phone. Has there been some research done on that?

I use a cell phone mainly for texting and very little voice. If I do have an audio conversation I use headphones.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

TruthSeeker wrote:
June 30th, 2020, 3:01 am
@Winston @HouseMD If you carry a cell phone in your front pocket can you get testicular cancer? Ovarian cancer for women? If you talk on a cell phone a lot and you are holding it up to your head, can you get brain cancer with all those radio waves being emitted from the phone. Has there been some research done on that?

I use a cell phone mainly for texting and very little voice. If I do have an audio conversation I use headphones.
Is your Russian good enough that you don't need to have google translator with you in Ukraine? That's the only reason I ever carry a phone around, but, pending any answers we can get to the questions you pose above, maybe that needs to be eliminated. And if the subjugating forces ever try to do their contract tracing thing I won't be owning a "smart" phone any more.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

TruthSeeker wrote:
June 30th, 2020, 3:01 am

Yes there's a slight risk, especially if you do it all the time. There are independent studies that show this, but they are denied by the establishment that has a vested interest in suppressing such info of course. Such vested interests that are controlled will always deny everything, no matter what, that's how you know they are biased, when they deny everything. See this Australian investigation, it's more unbiased and neutral and not controlled like US sources are.

Just use common sense. Turn off wifi when not using it, and bluetooth too of course, and when you are sleeping near the phone or not using it a long time, put it on airplane mode so that the signal is off too. That's the safest way to reduce the risks.