How would you describe your life after high school?

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
Temprano26
Freshman Poster

How would you describe your life after high school?

Post by Temprano26 »

Now that I am in my late 20s I do not look back on how high school was the highlight of my life. Back then I used to be this angry loner that hated the toxic culture of dumb teenagers. Teachers liked me because I was a really good student that never gave them a hard time. In my adult years I have empathized more with teachers who become more and more uptight to deal with these obnoxious kids.

At some point I got tired of being the angry loner and I wanted to go out and have fun with people. That is how I discovered that America is full of uptight miserable people that are not worth socializing with. I grew out of high school years ago but so many people were unwilling to branch out of their high school cliques and are stuck with the same friends their entire lives. I have had to go out by myself so many times meeting the same stuck up people that think they are the most popular girls there because there is no world that exist outside of their narrow social circle.

I have one friend I have known since high school who is now sick and tired of partying and he wants to go out to an isolated cabin where nobody knows him. Most people just want to use his house so they can smoke weed and get hammered.

So have you found that people don't want to evolve past senior year in high school?
hammanta
Junior Poster

Post by hammanta »

To an extent yes and to another no.

I was that guy in high school who was an athlete, did well in school, and had a large group of friends. Ironically I was completely shy with the opposite sex and barely had any dates. I was 5'9" and about 140 pounds when I graduated. I felt shorter and smaller compared to some of the other popular kids and kinda felt "not good" enough for the women, even though I had many who liked me. After high school I didn't get any taller but at 24 I weigh 190ish pounds and have been powerlifting for a few years now. I have way more confidence then what I had and people I graduated with always tell me how good I look. I didn't hate high school but I don't look at it as it was my wonder years.

After high school I've graduated college and have traveled a decent amount for a early 20 something. At the moment I'm stuck in the same town I grew up in due to my job but after the year is complete I will hopefully be out and moved on. I'm still close with my friends I went to high school with but only one has the dream of ever leaving. They are content with settling down there, doing the same stuff where as I wanna explore the world more, climb Mt. Kilaminjaro, sky dive, pursue my career, etc. It's depressing at this moment in my life because I am stuck in the same town with friends who can't see past getting drunk friday night. So I understand where you are coming from. I am very open to meeting people and have traveled overseas even alone a few times, but I wouldnt mind having a life long friend to enjoy it with.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

After high school, I felt like a prisoner set free. It was a big relief not to be in such an oppressive environment. But it felt lonely too. On campus everyone knew who you were and called you by name. But after that, you became a nobody, not even hated, just ignored. It began to feel isolating.

In community college, people were nice and polite, but kept to themselves and had their own clique of friends. It got worse in the state university, which was very antisocial and everyone was distant and minded their own business.

I still have baggage from high school though. Do any of you?

It's been said that anyone who went to high school in the 80's has baggage.

But I never knew how to fit in. People acted very fake, angry and judgmental. The whole high school clique scene felt very exclusive and inauthentic. I didn't know how to fit into it and which clique I belonged to. Even the nerd groups acted fake and geeky. There was no authentic crowd.

At least in the adult world, people were more mature.

I'm sure we all miss though, having a group of friends to belong to and feeling close to. That sense of belonging is something we yearn for. We just don't have it in the adult world.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

I barely remember my school years. All that teen angst - what was it for?

My life got a lot better after I reached 21.

21-25 I did my PhD, and that was an awesome time of working and partying hard.
27-29 was the dot com boom - again it was an awesome time of working and partying.

Had a few wilderness years again, but when I hit 33 I went traveling on my own for the first time, and I guess that's when my life really starting becoming interesting.

What I've found is that men generally get happier with age, and if you can avoid killing yourself in your teens or 20's like so many of the kids I was in school with then so much the better.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Temprano26
Freshman Poster

Post by Temprano26 »

I don't know if that is true anymore that men get happier with age.

Look at the angry frustrated guys on this board.
HappyGuy

Re:

Post by HappyGuy »

Winston wrote:
May 14th, 2014, 11:26 am
I always thought the 80s were an easier time to be a high school student than the 70s or the 90s. :shock:
traveller
Junior Poster

Re: How would you describe your life after high school?

Post by traveller »

For me, life took a nosedive and crashed after high school. High school graduation was, in all literal sense, a social cliff. People were closed off and strictly about business and only business in college. No school dances, missing my first Homecoming dance was a terrible drag, it was no fun anymore.
Spencer
Junior Poster

Re: Re:

Post by Spencer »

HappyGuy wrote:
January 5th, 2020, 5:14 am
Winston wrote:
May 14th, 2014, 11:26 am
I always thought the 80s were an easier time to be a high school student than the 70s or the 90s. :shock:
Hmm why more easy in 80s compare 70s for other aborders all saying femistim cumulative worsing from ealierest decades in 20 centry
"Close mind genus more dangrous than 10,000 dumwits" - Spencer

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

"Wiseton is a very dynamic individual, what most would call a genius. He's started a movement, and only genius types can do such a thing." - Boycottamericanwomen