Safe to visit Western Europe now? (Muslim threat?)

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the European Countries.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Safe to visit Western Europe now? (Muslim threat?)

Post by zboy1 »

My parents want to visit Western Europe but I fear for their safety. I told them not to do it! Europe has basically been taken over by radical extremists and terrorists. Thank goodness I got to visit Europe during the late 90s and early 00s, before the Continent went to hell. ...

Should I let my parents visit, or should I persuade them not to go? What do you guys think? Are there any safe Western countries left?

I'm wondering myself how much Europe has changed since I was last there.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

johnexplo
Freshman Poster

Re: Safe to visit Western Europe now? (Muslim threat?)

Post by johnexplo »

I can tell you Europe is still very safe place. It is a pity what’s happening but I can still recommend Europe as a Top Destination. Hope it makes u feel safer.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

johnexplo wrote:I can tell you Europe is still very safe place. It is a pity what’s happening but I can still recommend Europe as a Top Destination. Hope it makes u feel safer.
How dense is Germany with Muslims now? Any idea? Not the Turks, but the others.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Well the threat of terrorism is still there, but your parents have higher odds of getting struck by lighting, twice, than the odds of being caught up in some terrorist hit.

Even if something popped off while they were there, basic exercise of common sense can mitigate the risk.

Avoid large crowds like concerts, public events, rush hour metros, etc and you mitigate the risk. Take taxis everywhere or just walk everywhere. Also, the smaller towns are safer than Paris and the big cities.

I say go plan the trip!
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

I live and work in Westminster London so I am in the thick of it.

So far this year:

Was in work when Parliament was attacked. I went out to see what was going on and Chinese TV tried to interview me lol. The aftermath was all incredibly exciting.

Turned my phone off before the London Bridge attack happened and didn't turn it on until 11 am the next day. My family assumed I'd been killed :roll: . I did wonder what all the helicopters and shouting were outside, I just thought it was a noisy football match.

Was at home when Buckingham Palace knifeman was arrested. Again it was less than a mile from where I live.

London is such a vast place that the odds of anything happening are very low. As others say be careful near tourist sites and avoid crowds. And don't walk round with headphones in.

But ultimately you're not really safe anywhere. My sister worked in a shop in an obscure seaside town and it was destroyed by an IRA bomb. She left early (due to a hangover) so wasn't in it at the time and her boss was upstairs so avoided getting shredded by glass fragments.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.