Obama's Sheep: Only 6 in 10 Millennials have a Job.

Discuss issues related to politics, government and law.
fightforlove
Junior Poster

Obama's Sheep: Only 6 in 10 Millennials have a Job.

Post by fightforlove »

http://washingtonexaminer.com/harvard-j ... le/2520719

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1112/83510.html

Harvard study shows that 6 in 10 18-29 year olds are employed and half of those are part-time gigs, LOL!!

"time in college is a better sign of social status than income, mostly because jobs aren't available."
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Post by abcdavid01 »

In Spain it's reversed. They have a 60% unemployment rate for Millennials while we have 40%. We're really on the edge here. Think we'll catch up? Recovery my ass.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/spanish-unempl ... 35679.html
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

abcdavid01 wrote:In Spain it's reversed. They have a 60% unemployment rate for Millennials while we have 40%. We're really on the edge here. Think we'll catch up? Recovery my a**.

Actually, in terms of full time jobs the figures indicate a 60% unemployment rate for Amerika as well. When you take out of that all the cunts, niggers etc. given BS welfare jobs, rich tossers whose daddy gets them jobs and such like, the situation clearly indicates the average decent guy doesn't stand much of a chance of having anything coming from the system. Hence they have nothing to lose should they decide to burn it all down. The trouble is that people are so socially isolated now that they think the problem is unique to them and that if they can just type a more eye catching resume and get a better haircut or whatever then all will be well. It will not. It is time to give up on the system.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Cornfed wrote:
abcdavid01 wrote:In Spain it's reversed. They have a 60% unemployment rate for Millennials while we have 40%. We're really on the edge here. Think we'll catch up? Recovery my a**.

Actually, in terms of full time jobs the figures indicate a 60% unemployment rate for Amerika as well. When you take out of that all the c**ts, niggers etc. given BS welfare jobs, rich tossers whose daddy gets them jobs and such like, the situation clearly indicates the average decent guy doesn't stand much of a chance of having anything coming from the system. Hence they have nothing to lose should they decide to burn it all down. The trouble is that people are so socially isolated now that they think the problem is unique to them and that if they can just type a more eye catching resume and get a better haircut or whatever then all will be well. It will not. It is time to give up on the system.
True! I've given up on the system as well; Being unemployed for several years--and even being turned down for low-wage fast-food related jobs--can do that to a person; and your talking about someone who is college educated with several years of experience in the health care field, and a honorably discharged military veteran to boot.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on October 28th, 2016, 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
fightforlove
Junior Poster

Post by fightforlove »

Ghost wrote:Mainstream society truly does not see how bad it is out there. The urge for the sheep to bury their collective heads in the sand and pretend everything is fine is powerful.

The best solution is to drop out. Most of the work/jobs out there are useless, non-productive customer service jobs. Yet society at large sees working a job - any job no matter how useless - as a virtue.

For a while now, it has been time to drop out, learn useful, practical skills, train for jobs that cannot be outsourced, become self-employed, start a small, mobile business, etc.

Much is said of dependency on the government, but dependency on the corporations is never discussed or even considered. Americans are hopelessly dependent on government handouts and corporate make-useless-work jobs that don't amount anything and are useless.
fortunately, I got a valueable engineering degree and got into a field that hasn't been outsourced (yet). I'd love to start my own small indie business or be able to work remote so I can go mobile. If I was mobile, I'd spend most of my time in Vietnam or China or somewhere over there where I don't have to deal with the daily BS of America and its sheeple.
Andrewww
Freshman Poster

Post by Andrewww »

To be frank here in Canada your chances of landing a decent job out of college or university without connections is very slim.

You either spend a few years (at least 2-3) in a call center or crappy back office job and try to move up the ladder or you stay unemployed and live a miserable existence. Personally I haven't met one single person who landed a $50,000/year job after graduation.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Andrewww wrote:To be frank here in Canada your chances of landing a decent job out of college or university without connections is very slim.
You either spend a few years (at least 2-3) in a call center or crappy back office job and try to move up the ladder or you stay unemployed and live a miserable existence. Personally I haven't met one single person who landed a $50,000/year job after graduation.
When I used to go to Canada for work often, they say that if you're willing to move to Fort Mac or similar remote areas, job opportunities do exist and they pay well. However, that's assuming you're willing to live in -40 C temperature.

I was up in Waterloo couple years back, visiting a friend at Blackberry/RIM. He has since left RIM due to the management shake-up. I'm not optimistic about RIM's future however.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

momopi wrote:
Andrewww wrote:To be frank here in Canada your chances of landing a decent job out of college or university without connections is very slim.
When I used to go to Canada for work often, they say that if you're willing to move to Fort Mac or similar remote areas, job opportunities do exist and they pay well. However, that's assuming you're willing to live in -40 C temperature.
Ah yes, the usual victim blaming. There is no unemployment problem - the young people today just don't want to do what has always been necessary to have a job -live at freezing temperatures, walk across hot coals, whatever. Just like what everyone who has a job obviously does.