Would you learn a foreign language for a woman?

Chat in foreign languages or discuss language-learning.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: The irony of Americanized Latinas...

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

Halwick wrote:
E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:So I was dating...very briefly this stateside Latina whom is half Italian and half Panamanian
(I guess I have a strong affinity to Panameñas)

In any event, she looked a lot like my Brazilian ex-novia that is from Canada, and this new chick
hated my Spanish because I had spoken it formally. She had spoken it American-esque choc full of
colloquialisms.

Why is American Spanish so dumbed-down? A: the majority of poor people moved
here to America alas the poor grammatical structure of their language. Solved. jajaja
Is American Spanish so dumbed-down because of the Mexican influence? I've heard it stated that among the Spanish speaking countries in Latin America, that Mexicans' grammar is the worst and to speak Spanish grammatically properly one would not want to use the Mexican version.

I had a Spanish language high school teacher who spoke what I was told Castillian Spanish. I notice her accent and choice of words were different from the Latin American Spanish I'm used to. Interesting accent.

(Hmm.... you have a strong affinity to Panameñas, eh? As I used to live in the former Canal Zone, I have a soft spot for the Panamanian women. I just wish there were more light-skinned versions around. :) )
The Castillian Spanish they teach you would fly better in the RPI cone of S. America (Paraguay, Uruguay, and Argentina). But the rest of Spanish-speaking Latin America, you would have to speak Spanish based on the region, not just the nationality/country. Don't listen to Peruanos whenever they say that they speak Castellano the best. It's a narcissistic lie. They just speak it like Jay-Z rapping in The Originators in 1989 velocity.

The best Spanish I have heard in Latin America is Puerto Rican middle-to-upper-rich-clase Spanish and the Spanish I have heard in Colombia. Bolivians speak it dumb-down. Chileans have their own version of Spanish ka'chi?? Dominicans speak a lot of colloquialisms como "sacudir el pollo" which can mean skin you alive or put your worries on the backburner or whatever relative context they use it in. They speak in double-entendres most of the time.

Actually, I don't have a "soft spot" for Panameñas. They have a weird affinity to me is what I have meant to say. I told you in one post that I have voodoo put on me by one of them so that I cannot use condoms with a hardon and actually enjoy it anymore.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

chibolo
Junior Poster

Re: The irony of Americanized Latinas...

Post by chibolo »

E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:
Halwick wrote:
E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:So I was dating...very briefly this stateside Latina whom is half Italian and half Panamanian
(I guess I have a strong affinity to Panameñas)

In any event, she looked a lot like my Brazilian ex-novia that is from Canada, and this new chick
hated my Spanish because I had spoken it formally. She had spoken it American-esque choc full of
colloquialisms.

Why is American Spanish so dumbed-down? A: the majority of poor people moved
here to America alas the poor grammatical structure of their language. Solved. jajaja
Is American Spanish so dumbed-down because of the Mexican influence? I've heard it stated that among the Spanish speaking countries in Latin America, that Mexicans' grammar is the worst and to speak Spanish grammatically properly one would not want to use the Mexican version.

I had a Spanish language high school teacher who spoke what I was told Castillian Spanish. I notice her accent and choice of words were different from the Latin American Spanish I'm used to. Interesting accent.

(Hmm.... you have a strong affinity to Panameñas, eh? As I used to live in the former Canal Zone, I have a soft spot for the Panamanian women. I just wish there were more light-skinned versions around. :) )
The Castillian Spanish they teach you would fly better in the RPI cone of S. America (Paraguay, Uruguay, and Argentina). But the rest of Spanish-speaking Latin America, you would have to speak Spanish based on the region, not just the nationality/country. Don't listen to Peruanos whenever they say that they speak Castellano the best. It's a narcissistic lie. They just speak it like Jay-Z rapping in The Originators in 1989 velocity.

The best Spanish I have heard in Latin America is Puerto Rican middle-to-upper-rich-clase Spanish and the Spanish I have heard in Colombia. Bolivians speak it dumb-down. Chileans have their own version of Spanish ka'chi?? Dominicans speak a lot of colloquialisms como "sacudir el pollo" which can mean skin you alive or put your worries on the backburner or whatever relative context they use it in. They speak in double-entendres most of the time.

Actually, I don't have a "soft spot" for Panameñas. They have a weird affinity to me is what I have meant to say. I told you in one post that I have voodoo put on me by one of them so that I cannot use condoms with a hardon and actually enjoy it anymore.
Each country in Latin America has its own version of Spanish/Castellano. Some words may have completely different meanings depending on the country.

To me the easiest to understand Spanish is coastal Peruvian, because that is where I learned it. Spanish spoken by lower class Puertoricans is probably one of the hardest to understand. They also have this weird habit of replacing the "r" with an "l" (they say things like PueLto Rico, la mueLte, etc.) I am getting better at understanding them after listening to lots of reggaeton though :D . Some Colombian Spanish is also quite hard to understand because they have this accent that is very different and use a lot of slang. Spanish from Spain can also be hard, because it is so different from Latin American Spanish.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:Basically, she is saying that she's in lust with Hero like it's too good to be true and that she likes it like that.
I'm kinda worried that she's falling in love with me, before she's even met me in person. BIG red flag. And how is she gonna react when I tell her that I'm visiting other women?
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Hero wrote:
E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:Basically, she is saying that she's in lust with Hero like it's too good to be true and that she likes it like that.
I'm kinda worried that she's falling in love with me, before she's even met me in person. BIG red flag. And how is she gonna react when I tell her that I'm visiting other women?
Yeah. Go ahead, buddy, and tell her you are visiting other women. When you need to spend time away from her, you better say that I am "mochilando" "ser un mochilero en las montanyas" (backpacking in the mountains) or something so she doesn't "se enloquese ella" (she freakin' out ) on your as.s.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:Yeah. Go ahead, buddy, and tell her you are visiting other women. When you need to spend time away from her, you better say that I am "mochilando" "ser un mochilero en las montanyas" (backpacking in the mountains) or something so she doesn't "se enloquese ella" (she freakin' out ) on your as.s.
Thanks, Bro. :D
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

chibolo wrote:Loosely translated: "I am falling for you". Ilusiones=dreams, hopes. She likes you a lot and is starting to get excited about you.
She just called me "mi vida". It really bothers me that she's falling for me before we've met in person, or even Skyped. And she's not logging into LatinAmericanCupid.com anymore either, which means that she's decided that I'm the only one she wants. She'll definitely be upset if she finds out that I'm visiting other women. How am I gonna handle this? I don't want to dump her, but I don't want to date her exclusively yet either.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on May 16th, 2020, 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

How long can a relationship last, if the parties don't have a language in common? Anyone have some experience with this?
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Hero wrote:How long can a relationship last, if the parties don't have a language in common? Anyone have some experience with this?
Thailand was the most foreign country I have been to because I hardly knew Thai. It was hard for me to connect with non-w.hores in Thailand.
If I had stayed longer, and knew the rudimentary basics of Thai, I could have killed it out there because there were thick women out there. Yums.
Thai's love food; don't mistake that.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

Hero wrote:How long can a relationship last, if the parties don't have a language in common? Anyone have some experience with this?
Thailand was the most foreign country I have been to because I hardly knew Thai. It was hard for me to connect with non-w.hores in Thailand.
If I had stayed longer, and knew the rudimentary basics of Thai, I could have killed it out there because there were thick women out there. Yums.
Hmmm, maybe my trip to Latin America won't go as smoothly as I anticipated. Oh well, I'll do my best.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Hero wrote:
Hmmm, maybe my trip to Latin America won't go as smoothly as I anticipated. Oh well, I'll do my best.
Dude. You need to literally throw yourself into the flames (well not literally but you get the picture!).
That's what I have done when I have gone to Thailand. I was scared as f.uck the first time I had gone because
I have never been to an Asian country before, but I knew I had to leave Australia. I only had 700 dollars left
and Oz was killing me. I spent between 5 to 6 stacks (i.e. $5,000 to $6,000 USD) in 6 weeks there! No lie...and that's living in the cheapest
hostel...f.ucking lunch was 20 dollars AUD...f.ucking dinner was 25-27 AUD dollars. I flew on Australian planes from Aussie state to state.
Never again will I go there on my own dime!! Fu.ck that dab-a-dan!

I almost was denied entry to board a Bangkok-bound plane (Forgot which thread I posted that on),
but when I touched down there in BKK, oh my oh my oh my! I couldn't believe how I saw signs in British English and Thai everywhere translating
one other. I was slappy happy....dicked down my first Asian SSBBW abroad...dicked down the first woman whom paid to have sex with me...
so I took that money and went back to the Asian SSBBW massuse and f.uck her again....Cyclical and sick-lih-cuhl. lol...Had my first time having
sex with a woman resonating in soap suds 10 feet high...just madness but organized madness :-)

GUYS..ESPECIALLY ANAMERICANINBANGKOK...YOU HAVE TO TRY HAVING SEX IN SOAP SUDS WITH A THAI WOMAN. IT FEELS SO MESMERIZING
GLIDING UP AND DOWN ONE ANOTHER WHILE POUNDING THAT PUS.SSY. :-) :-)
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

Ghost wrote:I wouldn't necessarily learn a language to "perfection" either. Yo hablo Espanol de gringos. Tagalog is a hybrid kind of language anyway. Tagalog speakers use Taglish a lot, so I'm going to create my own version of it. I call it Engalog, since English is my base.
I've noticed (when I see it typed/translated) tagalog has plenty of spanish cognates hidden in there, too.
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

I will say that none of the Latin American girls who I've chatted with consider my lack of Spanish to be a deal-breaker. But one of them did insist that I learn it.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Hero wrote:I will say that none of the Latin American girls who I've chatted with consider my lack of Spanish to be a deal-breaker. But one of them did insist that I learn it.
Like LadiSlav said before, he knows that they expect you to speak-a Spanish in Latin America - point - blank.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

Hero wrote:I will say that none of the Latin American girls who I've chatted with consider my lack of Spanish to be a deal-breaker. But one of them did insist that I learn it.
Like LadiSlav said before, he knows that they expect you to speak-a Spanish in Latin America - point - blank.
Huh? Point blank??