Why do AW screen out their calls but FW don't?

Discuss what's wrong with American women. Share problems, experiences and stories about them and why they suck so bad that you've had to resort to dating abroad and foreign women.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

I usually set my phone to vibrate and tell my friends to text me. Most of the calls I get throughout the day are from telemarketers and IT recruiters. The mistake that I made was to post my resume online with my phone #, so now a great number of IT headhunters have my # in their database. When headhunters call it's not always because they have a job for you, but they want to know if you're working, where you're working, who are the hiring managers at your work, etc. I used to refer them to HR, but now I just ignore them. And yes, I'm on the "do not call" list.

Also, it seems that every time I post a resume with an e-mail address, I have to abandon or delete the e-mail account after I find a job. Even if you remove your resume online, the headhunter agencies already collected/harvested your e-mail address and will send you numerous job inquiries every day. I'm not sure if this is unique to IT industry, but it's both good and bad. It's good that you know headhunters are out to find you and hook you up with jobs, but it's bad that they don't stop even after you've found a job. Once you're in their database, they will continue to spam you for years to come.
phoemela
Freshman Poster

Post by phoemela »

Probably because we get more prank and anonymous calls here in the US. At times when an unknown call goes through, I never pick up.
phoemela
Freshman Poster

Post by phoemela »

When a certain phone number intrigues me, I use the free reverse phone number look-up service provided at http://www.callercenter.com.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

momopi wrote:I usually set my phone to vibrate and tell my friends to text me. Most of the calls I get throughout the day are from telemarketers and IT recruiters. The mistake that I made was to post my resume online with my phone #, so now a great number of IT headhunters have my # in their database. When headhunters call it's not always because they have a job for you, but they want to know if you're working, where you're working, who are the hiring managers at your work, etc. I used to refer them to HR, but now I just ignore them. And yes, I'm on the "do not call" list.

Also, it seems that every time I post a resume with an e-mail address, I have to abandon or delete the e-mail account after I find a job. Even if you remove your resume online, the headhunter agencies already collected/harvested your e-mail address and will send you numerous job inquiries every day. I'm not sure if this is unique to IT industry, but it's both good and bad. It's good that you know headhunters are out to find you and hook you up with jobs, but it's bad that they don't stop even after you've found a job. Once you're in their database, they will continue to spam you for years to come.
I'm sooooo empathetic to your plight here. LOL!!
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

Dark_Sol wrote:Men do that too now, pisses me off. If you don't want to talk to a person, just tell them you don't want to. Not ignore the call, bitches do that.
Rude telemarketers, scammers, mis-dials (gotten plenty of those at all hours), drunks, crazy exes, etc. are NOT entitled to even the amount of my time it takes to shoo them away.

@Adama: 1 in 4 ...
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/1 ... 98023.html
http://www.sfgate.com/health/article/An ... 034392.php
... and she still remembers your phone number. :wink:

Here's the B.S. you get after dating cray-cray. Note her AGE. :shock:
http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/ ... _park.html?
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything