Winston's take on Taiwanese people

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
hahahaha69
Freshman Poster

Winston's take on Taiwanese people

Post by hahahaha69 »

To Winston

Your silly little comment page wouldn't let me write this (apparently it's got inappropriate language, which is funny as you seem to encourage open speech and I used not one 'swear' word)

Your article on Taiwan women and people in general was very well written and in a way accurate, but only for a person who's experienced female rejection.

Unfortunately, your views are bitter and one sided due to your ethnicity (you even mention yourself that you must be Taiwanese or White to stand a chance). I'm British and although the women can seem up tight in public, If you act like a normal guy and actually bother to get to know them you will see a whole different story. People like you who feel hard done by really bore me. Just moaning and bitching because you think normal, well brought up girls should throw themselves at you, hahaha mate, get a grip. It was also amusing to read that the majority of negative comments supporting your article had indeed been posted by............. Asians or "American Citizens" with really bad English hmmmmmmmm, certainly a pattern there. I'm not amazing looking, but I keep in good shape and I'm not socially autistic, thus providing no problems at all conversing with the local Taiwanese people.

Chill out dude,and for a more neutral view you should read 'Westerners are rock stars?" at www.travellingidiot.com

Laters taters
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

As soon as I saw that username, I knew how it was going to go.

f**k off haha69.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

The problem with Winston is that he doesn't seem to be interested in finding a women for a real relationship; instead, he's only interested in getting laid. Most women can sense men like that for the most part and will avoid them like the plague, unless their trashy Western women or a small percentage of foreign women. If he really wanted to find a women to marry--and was authentic about it--Taiwanese women would be more receptive to him. But he's not and only looking for nooky, so maybe they find him creepy as a result. Or, he could be right that Taiwanese women are just not friendly enough and are simply not attracted to him?
Ambition
Freshman Poster

Re: Winston's take on Taiwanese people

Post by Ambition »

hahahaha69 wrote:To Winston,

Your silly little comment page wouldn't let me write this (apparently it's got inappropriate language, which is funny as you seem to encourage open speech and I used not one 'swear' word).

Your article on Taiwan women and people in general was very well written and in a way accurate, but only for a person who's experienced female rejection.

Unfortunately, your views are bitter and one sided due to your ethnicity (you even mention yourself that you must be Taiwanese or White to stand a chance). I'm British and although the women can seem up tight in public, If you act like a normal guy and actually bother to get to know them you will see a whole different story. People like you who feel hard done by really bore me. Just moaning and bitching because you think normal, well brought up girls should throw themselves at you, hahaha mate, get a grip. It was also amusing to read that the majority of negative comments supporting your article had indeed been posted by Asians or "American Citizens" with really bad English -- hmmmmmmmm, certainly a pattern there. I'm not amazing looking, but I keep in good shape and I'm not socially autistic, thus providing no problems at all conversing with the local Taiwanese people.

Chill out dude -- and for a more neutral view you should read "Westerners are rock stars?" at www.travellingidiot.com

Laters taters
+Over Nine-Thousaaaaaaaaaaaaand! THIS! This right here! This is exactly what I think regarding his situation. He's one of those "good things should come easily" types. His rockstar effect died in Russia; now Russia isn't apart of his ultimate world. Philippines? Same thing. Now Taiwan. I've seen the videos. Yes, girls from other countries are more opening to male-female interactions, but that doesn't mean a guy should be creepy and try touching them EVERY SINGLE MOMENT of EVERY DAY. That's why this place makes me feel good about myself. Because, unlike 99% of the community, I'm willing to work for things.

Best post I've read, dare I say, ever?! Kudos to you, sir. Kudos to you.
hahahaha69
Freshman Poster

Post by hahahaha69 »

Johnny1975 wrote:As soon as I saw that username, I knew how it was going to go.

f**k off haha69.

Oh dear, looks like a raw nerve has been touched. By saying you knew where it was going to go, what did you mean? If you read my post, it is level headed and makes no reference to anything YOU think 69 might mean.

Thanks for the constructive message - must of took you ages to think of that. Apologies for perhaps bringing home the truth to you.
hahahaha69
Freshman Poster

Post by hahahaha69 »

+Over Nine-Thousaaaaaaaaaaaaand! THIS! This right here! This is exactly what I think regarding his situation. He's one of those "good things should come easily" types. His rockstar effect died in Russia; now Russia isn't apart of his ultimate world. Philippines? Same thing. Now Taiwan. I've seen the videos. Yes, girls from other countries are more opening to male-female interactions, but that doesn't mean a guy should be creepy and try touching them EVERY SINGLE MOMENT of EVERY DAY. That's why this place makes me feel good about myself. Because, unlike 99% of the community, I'm willing to work for things.

I'm with you. Having lived abroad for most my life, I think Taiwan is cool and if your a decent and NORMAL guy, life is simple.

I don't think Johnny1975 will be visiting Taiwan anytime soon - he seems to agree with Winston. No loss, he seems a bit boring and lacks creativity; referring to the awesome username 'Johnny1975' zzzzzzzzzzzz
hahahaha69
Freshman Poster

Post by hahahaha69 »

f**k off haha69.

Which username? you seem to be talking about a different one......... or maybe just telling haha69 to f**k off. phew, glad I'm hahahaha69
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

hahahaha69 wrote:

f**k off haha69.

Oh dear, looks like a raw nerve has been touched. By saying you knew where it was going to go, what did you mean? If you read my post, it is level headed and makes no reference to anything YOU think 69 might mean.

Thanks for the constructive message - must of took you ages to think of that. Apologies for perhaps bringing home the truth to you.
You're damn right you hit a raw nerve. I think I speak for all of us when I say that we have a lot of issues and hangups. We lack confidence and we don't know how to talk to women. Most of us are gay anyway. So lay off!
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

hahaha,
If a country in Asia is only friendly to whites but not to other Asians, then it sucks, plain and simple. What kind of country is unfriendly toward members of their own race? That's stupid and messed up.

If the US was only friendly to non-whites but not friendly to white guys, what would you think of that?

Your explanation that Taiwan girls are unfriendly and cold because they can sense that I'm not looking for a serious relationship is stupid and doesn't make sense. If I told you that American women were normal and that they were paranoid, picky, stuck up and unapproachable because you guys are creeps and players, would you buy that? Or would you say that's bull?

Further, this doesn't explain why I send out sincere letters to girls in Taiwan, which women usually like if it weren't for my photos, and yet get no responses, or only polite "hi"s back with no offer to meet up. My letter doesn't indicate that I'm a player anywhere.

I don't know if I told you this already, but here is an interesting revelation. At a supermarket in Chiayi, there's this older woman that works there that I talk to. One day I asked her: "How come no one talks to strangers here except middle aged and elderly people? How come girls here have a cold wall and ice shield around them? And how come no websites talk about this except mine?" Her reply was: "We are taught by our parents not to talk to strangers. When I was a young girl, I didn't talk to strangers either."

So you see, she admitted that Taiwanese are taught not to talk to strangers. How does that make them any better than in America, esp since they consider Americans to be more open than they are?! What's the point of going to Taiwan, if you can't befriend local people and only other foreigners?

Someone told me that all his foreigner friends in Taiwan only befriend other foreigners, and maybe westernized Taiwanese (but those are rare because they tend to leave Taiwan). So what's the point of going to a country if the locals aren't going to befriend you?

This proves yet again that Repatriate and Jacare were bullshitting and lying when they said that the cold wall was all about my looks. They are such scumbags. This is about THEM, not me. In other countries, it is easier to start conversations with strangers. There is no cold wall. And it doesn't feel illegal and criminal to talk to girls.

The lady at the supermarket didn't say that Taiwanese girls are cold because I'm not attractive. She said that they are taught not to talk to strangers. So we have some bullshitters even on this forum.

My Taiwanese American uncle, who is a wealthy retired Lockheed engineer who can figure out any calculus problem within moments, even said that Taiwanese aren't open with strangers and implied that they are LESS open than Americans are. Here is what he wrote to me when I sent him my complaints about Taiwan:
Winston,
It nice seeing you last October in Chiayi.
Let me try to say few words.
1. First there is a complete cultural difference between Taiwan and the US. In Taiwan people just don't greet
strangers, especially girls don't respond to boys unless they know each other. It has nothing to do friendly or not.
2. Like your parents, we grew up in a difficult time. When you say "enjoy life", it has different meanings to us.
Although we all could afford "better" life, but it's hard to change life style for most people. For some people, they like to have entertainment all the time, for others they just like to spend quiet time themselves. So "enjoy" has nothing specific, just respect others when you see things different.
3. Chiayi is a nice mid-size city. Your parents' home there has very nice retirement setting although it needs a car to get in and out. I went to school there for six years.
Try to look things from a positive prospective, then you will be happier.
Hope this helps.
uncle chen
Notice that he implies that Taiwanese are LESS open than Americans are, because they don't smile or chat with strangers. WTF? What does that tell you?! Isn't that in direct contradiction to Rock's claim that Taiwanese are more open and friendly than Americans are?

Btw, I do notice that Taiwanese are friendlier when they are outside of Taiwan. Why is that? I also notice that once they become Americanized, they are friendlier too. WTF? What does that tell you?! Doesn't that go against what you've all said and observed about Americans? Isn't that in direct contradiction to what Rock claims? WTF?

Finally, being white can be lonely in Taiwan too. Look what Sean, a white guy who works for a law firm in Taipei, admitted to me:

"ya, this is kind of the way Taiwan is. or, i should say Chinese society and probably east asian society (i.e., korea, japan, china). i've actually tried to explain it too. chinese are very very nice and helpful if they know you personally. if you are a friend, they will really bend over backwards to be nice and helpful. but, for people they dont know, there really is zero connection. the reason i know that is because if you go in an elevator, you will see lots of girls fixing their makeup or their hair in the mirror with lots of other people in the elevator. they have zero self-consciousness about the other people in the elevator because they dont know them and its like they dont exist. for us, we would not be able to do that just because we would still feel their presence. but, for chinese, they dont know these people, therefore its like the dont exist.

you're right. it's tough. and it's one of the difficult things that ive had to deal with living in taiwan. and maybe why i like going to phil so often.

actually, i was just reading an article that a guy wrote in Japan that sounds very similar to experiences in Taiwan. you should check it out.

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/text/fl2012 ... E.facebook "

He later confessed that he too felt that Taiwan was lonely and isolating:

"yes, it does feel very isolated and lonely here. sometimes i walk by restaurants and see large groups of chinese having dinner after work and know that i will likely never be invited to those kinds of gatherings. i've even tried to invite myself along to events like that, but i usually get, "i'll see if my other friends are ok with it", which usually means no.

sure, i guess u can post what u wrote last time. as long as i can see the video u are talking about haha"

Later on, he confessed that I was right about the cold wall that Taiwanese girls project, and that he probably would have done better with women in any other country:

"I didnt realize there were so many hot and international women in such a small town as Chia-yi haha

but, you know, i think i might be starting to believe you. dont get me wrong, as a white guy in Taiwan, I've done ok with the ladies. But, most of those have taken some work, and certainly, at the beginning, most of those women were cold and standoffish like you mentioned. But, after considering they way u describe it, i think my success with women here (what little i've had) is probably inspite of the situation here, not because of it. Not to toot my own horn, but I'm a single middle-aged guy, ok looking, not overweight, have a respectable job, dress well, speak fluent Chinese, i'm even a private pilot for goodness sake. in any other country, i would probably be getting way more women than i am here. it's just so hard to get past that cold wall they all have.....maybe that's why i find myself spending more and more time in the Philippines...."

So you see, it's not as easy for most people as you think, even for white guys. So just because Sean is white, doesn't mean that the traits I describe about Taiwanese girls are not true. He even admitted above that they all have a "cold wall".
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
jboy
Freshman Poster

Post by jboy »

Johnny1975 wrote:
hahahaha69 wrote:

f**k off haha69.

You're damn right you hit a raw nerve. I think I speak for all of us when I say that we have a lot of issues and hangups. We lack confidence and we don't know how to talk to women. Most of us are gay anyway. So lay off!

Most honest post in this thread lol
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

hahahaha69 wrote:
December 21st, 2012, 4:56 am

I'm with you. Having lived abroad for most my life, I think Taiwan is cool and if your a decent and NORMAL guy, life is simple.

I don't think Johnny1975 will be visiting Taiwan anytime soon - he seems to agree with Winston. No loss, he seems a bit boring and lacks creativity; referring to the awesome username 'Johnny1975' zzzzzzzzzzzz
How do you define decent and normal? Nearly everyone who knows me thinks I'm cool and decent and likable and carry good vibes. Taiwanese are an exception of course, because they are super bland and soulless and have no personality. Why do you mention the word "autistic" in your post above and refer it to me? Didn't you know, the Taiwanese character is VERY autistic. Haven't you noticed? No one here has any social skills or conversation skills. THEY are the ones that LACK social skills, NOT ME! The girls here are very withdrawn and scared to talk to anyone and super shy. No guts or confidence. The girls here are super WEAK with zero confidence and zero backbone. They wouldn't last one second in a fight. They are super negative but cannot stand if you call them out on it. Autism is part of Taiwanese character, not mine. You got things backward dude. If you have social skills here they don't matter because you will be the only one with social skills, while everyone else ignores you, thus making you feel super awkward.

You're definitely wrong about me. I have very good communication skills and social skills and I'm a pleasant likable guy, to most people. And I exude good kind vibes too. But how does any of that matter, if I can't use my social skills or charm or flirtation skills because everyone in Taiwan ignores me and treats me like I don't exist? I could have the greatest social skills in the world and it wouldn't matter? Just like you could be the best baseball hitter in the world, but if you don't even get up to bat, then it won't count and you won't score anything. You see what I mean? So you aren't making any logical sense here at all. If you meet me, you will know what I mean and see that the problem definitely isn't me.

Why can't you just be sensible and admit that social skills have NOTHING to do with this. The truth is, Taiwanese females just don't like my vibe/aura and perhaps they like yours. That's why they will be more sociable or talkative to you or open up to you more. This has NOTHING to do with social skills. In truth, I'm probably more outgoing than you and have better social skills than you. But it doesn't matter if they don't like me, then none of that counts. Think about it. That's the REAL issue here. We all know that talking about "social skills" is just a shaming tactic, it's not something real. If a girl likes you, all you need are average social skills and everything will go well. If a girl doesn't like you, then you could have the greatest social skills in the world and it wouldn't matter. Think about it. This is common sense logic and wisdom and real life experience. You are just a heckler with no substance.

Also, remember the city I'm in is not cosmopolitan like Taipei, so there are very few English speakers and hardly any foreigners here. It's very alienating down here, you are lucky you're not here. Unless you have a wife here or family here, you will be very alienated and lonely in southern Taiwan, because the locals seem to have zero interest in meeting new people or making new friends, no matter how extroverted or outgoing you are. I feel like a ghost here, like I don't exist, which I can't stand. You know what I mean? It's nothing like Philippines or Thailand or SE Asia. Totally different world and vibe here. It's more like Japan here than China. Super repressed and restrictive, no self-expression allowed, so you can't be yourself. Perfect example of how the social culture can take away your freedom, not the government, something Americans don't understand because to them, freedom is defined by government control and voting/democracy.

Even the couchsurfers here have no interest in meeting up, they all want to be left alone. And most of the foreigners here are withdrawn and shy too, like they are afraid to talk to anyone, as if they've become "Taiwanized" and no longer like regular normal foreigners. They are nothing like the western expats in Philippines I hang out with everyday. You know what I mean?

Plus even when you do meet people here, it's hard to connect with them, because there's almost nothing to talk about, and nothing in common, hence no chemistry or connection. The people here are on a totally different zone/wavelength. Not broad minded at all, very few or no interests, not much to say, very bland, devoid of personality and soulless. Very sad. You know what I mean? At least America has beautiful nature and landscapes and the folks in small towns are friendly. I've found that many foreigners here feel the same way, but are afraid to tell anyone about it, because to talk about feeling lonely/alienated carries a negative/loser stigma and is not politically correct either.

So you see, the problem here is twofold. It's not just about not being able to meet people and being ignored by everyone like you don't exist, it's even worse than that, because even when you do meet people here, or get introduced to people here, there's NEVER any chemistry or connection, nothing in common, etc. So how can you possibly be friends with someone here when there's nothing to talk about? Even if you have good conversation skills, the problem is there's nothing to work with, because Taiwanese women tend to be super bland, soulless and devoid of personality. Not broad minded at all, but very narrow and small minded. I've never understood how Taiwanese couples connect.

I don't know. Maybe they are just on a totally different wavelength or zone, one that is super repressed, closed, withdrawn, and impossible to connect with, no matter how extroverted or outgoing you are. Either that, or there's some kind of supernatural curse on me in Taiwan. Either that, or the movie "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" has LITERALLY happened here in Taiwan (and perhaps America too) hence everyone is alien to me and I am alien to everyone else too, because I'm one of the last real humans left with a soul whereas everyone else has been cloned and de-souled. (very scary thought)
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

@hahahaha69

Read the responses in this thread to understand why social skills with women is a myth and fallacy.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14123

This hit the nail on the head.
It's a lot better to have small social skills in a country where people, especially women, are open and friendly and not in a paranoia mode, compared to having amazing social skills in a place where everybody is in a defensive attitude.

Spencer
Junior Poster

Post by Spencer »

Wiseton do mormon church in taiwan because they very friendly purist niceman say good do good can spend time and let you meet all the members and families so is it good idea try what do you think wiseton
"Close mind genus more dangrous than 10,000 dumwits" - Spencer

"Wiseton is a very dynamic individual, what most would call a genius. He's started a movement, and only genius types can do such a thing." - Boycottamericanwomen
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Spencer wrote:
August 9th, 2020, 6:50 pm
Wiseton do mormon church in taiwan because they very friendly purist niceman say good do good can spend time and let you meet all the members and families so is it good idea try what do you think wiseton
I've met some Mormons in Taiwan before. They are nice yeah, but that's all. Being nice and polite is not making friends or hanging out. It's just smiling and being polite at church. I don't like joining churches and pretending to be interested in their religion if I'm not. It feels fake and dishonest. Plus Mormons are very pushy. I went to their church in Utah and have experience with it.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Ambition wrote:
December 20th, 2012, 9:55 am
hahahaha69 wrote:To Winston,

Your silly little comment page wouldn't let me write this (apparently it's got inappropriate language, which is funny as you seem to encourage open speech and I used not one 'swear' word).

Unfortunately, your views are bitter and one sided due to your ethnicity (you even mention yourself that you must be Taiwanese or White to stand a chance). I'm British and although the women can seem up tight in public, If you act like a normal guy and actually bother to get to know them you will see a whole different story. People like you who feel hard done by really bore me. Just moaning and bitching because you think normal, well brought up girls should throw themselves at you, hahaha mate, get a grip. It was also amusing to read that the majority of negative comments supporting your article had indeed been posted by Asians or "American Citizens" with really bad English -- hmmmmmmmm, certainly a pattern there. I'm not amazing looking, but I keep in good shape and I'm not socially autistic, thus providing no problems at all conversing with the local Taiwanese people.

Chill out dude -- and for a more neutral view you should read "Westerners are rock stars?" at www.travellingidiot.com

Laters taters

Not true at all. The OP is just a troll and heckler. Nothing he said is true or down to earth. For example, in Taiwan and America, flirting is taboo and inappropriate. However, flirtation is totally NATURAL. Men have been doing it for thousands of years. Just watch any nature/animal documentary and you will see that it's perfectly natural for male animals and insects to chase female animals and insects when they want to mate, and it's normal for the male to be pushy too, and fight with other males for the right to mate with the females. That's nature, mother nature. Totally natural. All animals and insects are like that. Thus what you see in modern Taiwan and America is TOTALLY UNNATURAL, because they forbid men from flirting with women. In contrast in Russia or Latin America, everything feels VERY NATURAL, including flirtation with women, that's why I am allowed to flirt there to my heart's content. Think about it. The problem is definitely Taiwan, NOT me. No doubt about it. Just use your brain. What I do is totally NATURAL and even seen in the animal/insect kingdom. Too much restriction and repression like in Taiwan or Japan is NOT, ABSOLUTELY NOT NATURAL at all. Heck, in Taiwan, you can't even kiss a woman on the hand, that's considered creepy, yet in Europe it's always welcomed. That speaks volumes.