Why are Hong Kong people so rude, cold, rushed, grouchy, unhappy, soulless? What's their purpose for living? Lol

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Why are Hong Kong people so soulless, cold, rushed, grumpy, unpleasant? Whats their meaning for living? Lol,

Post by Winston »

Guhji wrote:
February 8th, 2018, 2:42 pm
Hong Kong, like any cosmopolitan city, caters to the very attractive, wealthy, and upwardly mobile. Of course someone like you is not going to be happy there. You’re none of those things. You don’t belong there.

Btw, neither would I belong there either. I’m short, ugly, poor etc. I’m sure nobody would talk to me. Doesn’t mean there’s something wrong with the city, though.
But you forgot to mention that HK is also snobby and uppity. Thats why snobby uppity asian american girls like it. Especially if they're from California, which is like that too. Like attracts like. Snobby uppity people like snobby uppity environments.

Im not poor dude. Just very down to earth. George Lucas is a billionaire and successful yet hes very down to earth. He wouldnt fit in HK. So its not just about money. Its about personality and attitude too. You arent seeing the whole picture. See what i mean?

Its about chemistry, vibe and personality too. Not just about wealth or class.

But my question is, how come the tourists here seem snobby and uppity too? Like corporate drones and frat boys with no soul or depth. Not down to earth either.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Guhji
Freshman Poster

Re: Why are Hong Kong people so soulless, cold, rushed, grumpy, unpleasant? Whats their meaning for living? Lol,

Post by Guhji »

"Like attracts like. Snobby uppity people like snobby uppity environments."
"But my question is, how come the tourists here seem snobby and uppity too?"

You just answered your own question.

I think deep down you're just upset that, like in Taiwan, nobody in Hong Kong is giving you the time of day. I'm guessing that particularly the young women have no interest in talking to you. I'm afraid you would be receiving the same lack of attention in any large, wealthy, metropolitan city. The women in Seoul, Tokyo, London etc. will not talk to somebody who looks and acts like you.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

I forgot. Winston is pretty good at Day Game. Even before it was called Day Game, Winston was out approaching women.

Winston, what is usually the opening line you use on women?
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Why are Hong Kong people so rude, cold, rushed, grouchy, unpleasant, soulless? Whats their purpose for living? Lol

Post by Winston »

We just talked to a older HK man running a travel agent here. Me and my venetian friend Alex that is. He said taiwan has to unite with china if it is to grow. Otherwise its doomed. He also said taiwanese are two faced in business. They act polite but are not loyal to you in business partnerships like Koreans and Japanese are. And that taiwanese tend to backstab you and go behind your back. He said this to us without caring if it would offend me or not. Lol. I told him i agreed.

He also said taiwan is hoping to get help and support from japan, which helped spearhead it into moderninity in the first half of the 20th century, since taiwan has no more support from superpowers like America. But japan is no longer capable of helping taiwan out of its mess and declining stagnating economy. So taiwan is left in stagnation and decline and too stubborn to admit it or do anything about it. It's only choice is to reunite with China for economic growth and progress. But it is stubborn and refuses.

@momopi is that true? Do you agree with him?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Why are Hong Kong people so rude, cold, rushed, grouchy, unpleasant, soulless? Whats their purpose for living? Lol

Post by Winston »

Update:

My friend alex, a venetian expat in angeles city, just arrived here on friday. We met some people so far, including an american expat and military vet in our hotel, who is a HAer and on the same page as me. He was surprised i spoke english so good and the three of us talked a long time about a lot of stuff.

We also met some two western girls here in chungking mansion at an Indian food canteen. One british girl and one american girl. They were friendly too. They live in china they said but didn't want to tell us what they do there. The british girl told us that the reason HK is so rude nowadays is because they are less happy than before. She said 15 years ago HK was much more friendly and that HKers would help her out gladly if she was lost, but nowadays they snub her because they no longer belong to Britain. She said HK has lost its identity and culture and has been turned into nothing but shopping malls. And that the traditional HK with all its neon signs and lights and chaos and bustling activity and mom and pop shops is gone. Thats why they act so grouchy now.

So you see @Guhji , its not just me and its not personal. Even white girls sense HK is not so friendly nowadays. And that it was friendlier in the past. So you should not assume that everything is personal. Even if i was more tall and handsome, many chinese girls and especially middle class girls, do not like to meet strangers via cold approach. Its not their way. You forget that.

We also met some friendly filipino girls here at McDonald's from Manila. And i met a hot chinese girl from shenzhen too. She gave me her wechat but said she has a boyfriend. Lol

The thing is she was standing in line for two hours just to get some spring break new year bubble tea, along with hundreds of other girls. It was insane. It turns out that many chinese girls do this because its hip and trendy to get the newest bubble tea that comes out and is promoted by pop stars, not because of the drink itself. It was all only girls in that line, no guys, except for the few guys accommodating their girlfriends there. Crazy.

It just goes to show that only asian girls will care about being trendy so much that they will stand in line two hours just for a stupid drink just to be trendy with their friends. But guys wont do that. Thats so stupid. All asian girls care about is trendiness. So dumb. Lol. But of course being trendy is more important to them than being smart or sensible. Lol

Btw last night we visited the HK space museum by the harbor. The store there had tons of creative innovative gimmicks that i have never seen before. Wow. It was fascinating and unique. And i thought asians had no creativity. Lol. I ended up buying a few things.

The thing is the staff inside were very friendly and helpful and educated and fluent in English. Nothing like the rude grouchy HKers outside in small shops and in chungking mansion. I guess in a more professional setting the HKers are far more friendly, polite and civilized. But not in low class shops and hotels like chungking mansions they are super rude and grouchy and dont like talking or answering questions. So theres a difference there.

Any explanation as to why @momopi? Lol

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Why are Hong Kong people so rude, cold, rushed, grouchy, unpleasant, soulless? What's their purpose for living? Lol

Post by Winston »

Btw @momopi isnt your wife cantonese and from HK? If so, is she rude, cold, rushed and grouchy like many people here are? If so how can you stand that? How can anyone? Lol. If not, are her relatives like that?

You know what i mean right? Why are so many here like that? For a wealthy top tier city, a lot of locals in HK sure lack manners and basic civility and are super rude and grouchy and uncivilized, and have nasty horrific appalling communication and social skills. Thats the irony and contradiction here. Lol

momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Why are Hong Kong people so rude, cold, rushed, grouchy, unpleasant, soulless? What's their purpose for living? Lol

Post by momopi »

My wife is Cantonese from Kaohsiung, Taiwan. She went to school in the US and did her study abroad in Beijing. Her parents grew up in Taiwan and speaks fluent Taiwanese. They do not qualify as HK'er.

Cantonese women have reputation of being loud, direct, and goal oriented. When they speak they throw all their cards at your face, in contrast to stereotype Shanghainese women that speaks halfway and not the whole truth. When I first started dating my wife she said her goal is marriage and family, so if that's not what I'm looking for then don't bother. I told her that my goal was to invest in real estate (*), retire earlier in relative comfort, and if we have kids, possibly retire (early) abroad for few years here and there so our kid(s) can have an international experience. But if she'd rather buy new BMWs or Louis Vuitton handbags, then don't bother. So we got married, bought several houses, and drive 20 year old Toyotas handed down from parents. She got a job at utility company with pension plan to help afford early retirement. We try to spend a month abroad every year and keep our eyes open for suitable locations. So far we've visited 8 countries. I think it works.

(*) To fulfill minimum income requirements for residency abroad

As for Hong Kong, personally I couldn't handle HK's poor air qualify and pollution. The only place where I actually felt better was Lantau Island. Some visitors to HK thinks the locals are rude, and the locals in turn thinks Mainlanders are rude. I just think of them as peasants in Li Ka-Shing's fiefdom. For every dollar you spent in HK, you'll somehow pay a tribute to these guys:

There is also extreme contrast between the winners and losers in HK. If you didn't work hard enough to succeed you might end up living like this:

You need to work hard and be successful to afford this:

Check out some HK real estate listings, like this 150 sq ft flat for $290,000 USD:
https://www.century21global.com/propert ... 967275-USD

The stakes are high when losing on the economic ladder means living out of a cage.
Last edited by momopi on February 11th, 2018, 11:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

@publicduende,
A friend told me that a street called lan kwai fong, near central station, is a place where people hang out outside on the street and socialize freely and openly. He said its easy to meet people there, even girls. Is that true? Have you been there?

TruthSeeker
Junior Poster

Post by TruthSeeker »

Didn't Winston live in an internet café once?
Bao3niang
Junior Poster

Post by Bao3niang »

I can imagine a bunch of Koreans, Japanese, Hong Kongnese, Taiwanese, and Singaporeans marching in flawless formation like at a DPRK military parade, dressed in business attire or student uniforms, chanting 'work hard, work hard' over and over again lol. I don't know whether to pity or hope that at least some of these horribly misguided people (in terms of values) fall into a pit, it will pretty much be 50/50 in my mind.
CYKA BLYAT!!!!!!
Bao3niang
Junior Poster

Post by Bao3niang »

Imagine students from these developed Asian countries all dressed in their uniforms, marching in perfect formation, holding giant pencils like AK-47s and bazookas. 'For our country! For society! For our glorious futures! For our parents! Study hard! Work hard!' Such a sight would bring a tear to my eye. Lord, Lord, what are these people missing in their lives?
CYKA BLYAT!!!!!!
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Winston wrote:
February 11th, 2018, 12:46 pm
@publicduende,
A friend told me that a street called lan kwai fong, near central station, is a place where people hang out outside on the street and socialize freely and openly. He said its easy to meet people there, even girls. Is that true? Have you been there?
I don't remember being in Lan Kwai Fong in particular, but most of Central, Wan Chai and part of Causeway are criss-crossed by side streets full of restaurants, bars, fancy coffee shops/bakeries and the odd cultural venues. By the way, about the last ones, Hong Kong seems more of a culturally diverse place than Singapore, which easily annoys you with the relatively limited choice of upmarket places, with no real alternative scene.

From what I have seen, it's a lot like London. The actual indoor place isn't that large and will hardly fit most of its patrons, so you naturally find people outside on the street, talking. Forget the idea of cheap eateries and watering holes, where you can rub shoulders with a cute student or an up and coming bohemienne artist: everybody look clad in formal trousers and office shirts, an overwhelming majority is Western (British?), they mostly talk within their groups and they mostly pay their 100 HKD ($13) for a beer, multiple times.

I might be wrong but I did see HK a bit more humanly diverse and a tad more authentic than Singapore, which is basically one corporate centre running on modern fascism.

Wherever Chinese culture meets Western capitalism on hyper-drive...just don't expect the friendliest people, Winston. I am in living in Manila (Makati) now, just moved in a couple of days ago, and even Manilenos are the friendliest people on earth compared to Chinese (HKese or Singaporean)!
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Man the first thing you notice about hong kong is that the people seem very soulless and cold. They look grouchy for no reason. I dont get what drives them. They seem to lack any warmth, soul, heart or intelligence at all. And they also seem very insensitive and inconsiderate of others too, like they dont care about anyone or anything. Its unbelievable.

They also seem to lack any kind of sensitivity or emotion at all. Almost inhuman. What exactly do they live for? What purpose or meaning fuels them to live and survive? I dont get it. They seem so alien to me. I cant believe i share their Asian genes. It seems like everyone is just a slave living for money only or something. Its the epitome of a cold cruel world. Theres none of the warmth or sweetness or laid backness or easygoingness of the Philippines. This place can get draining after a while. Especially since it doesnt radiate good positive vibes. But the harbor is pretty and nice though.

Why do HK people walk so fast and look so insensitive and inconsiderate? Dont they ever suffer from being soulless or wonder about the meaning of life, etc? Why am i the only asian in the world that thinks such things? Lol. When i see how people are like in HK i wonder how i can be the same race as them. Lol

Why are hong kong people so damn rude and grouchy? Their communication skills are shit. if they acted that way in the US people would deck them. And their employers would fire their ass. Why?

Only professional places like museums and apple product stores and 5 star hotels have staff that are polite and courteous. But any mom and pop shop has the rudest chinese or cantonese I've ever seen. Any explanation for why that is?

Guhji
Freshman Poster

Post by Guhji »

I wonder if you would find the Philippines to be such a welcoming place if you were the average Filipino making average Filipino wages?
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

momopi,

I realize in life that you have to work hard and work smart but also have luck to make it in the world. I know people who worked really hard and were decently intelligent but bad things happen where they lost money or were not successful as they should be.

Flip side of the coin I also met people by luck they became successful for being at the right place and right time. Or they had wealthy family that help them build their careers or businesses.

So when I think of losers. Yes some people suck at life but for some others they just have poor luck. Life's not fair but you just keep living.

Hong Kong sometimes is pretty extreme when it comes to riches vs poor. Kind of like reminds me of India.