[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Is sleeping next to your cell phone bad for sleep? • Ladies Discussion Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Mobile Version

Is sleeping next to your cell phone bad for sleep?

Discuss health, wellness, beauty and fitness.

Is sleeping next to your cell phone bad for sleep?

Postby Winston » Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:37 pm

Do any of you sleep next to your cell phone or smart phone? If so, do you notice any difference in how it affects the quality of your sleep?

I tried sleeping with my phone near me a few nights and also tried sleeping without the phone nearby or turned off, and noticed that when I sleep near my smart phone while it's on, my sleep quality suffers. I get nightmares, feel anxiety and wake up groggy and with a bit of a headache, as though the sleep process was interfered with. But when the phone isn't around or turned off, I slept much better and more normal without interference.

Is there a reason for this? Or is it just a placebo effect?

Have any of you tried both ways and experienced any difference?

What about the wifi in my home? Should I turn it off during sleep too? But even if I do, the neighbors' wifi from multiple houses still runs through the house. What can you do about that? Wear a tin foil hate or radiation protector blanket?
Do you make overseas calls? For the lowest rates, check out my .

Seeking a foreign partner? See these .
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Is sleeping next to your cell phone bad for sleep?

Postby Winston » Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:37 pm

Do you make overseas calls? For the lowest rates, check out my .

Seeking a foreign partner? See these .
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Is sleeping next to your cell phone bad for sleep?

Postby NinjaPuppy » Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:02 pm

The popularity of ghost hunting shows and EMF theories made me curious about what assorted electronics in my bedroom might also be putting out. I have since removed all unnecessary electronic and the ones that stayed are shut down complete via power strips when it's time for sleeping. I have slept like a rock ever since.
Indecision may or may not be my problem - Jimmy Buffett
NinjaPuppy

Return to Health, Beauty, Fitness