[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Renata's Kitchen • Ladies Discussion Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Mobile Version

Renata's Kitchen

Discuss your favorite foods, recipes, cooking and international cuisine.

Renata's Kitchen

Postby Renata » Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:25 am

Stuffed baked chicken with carrots, onion & mushrooms served with white rice & a cucumber yogurt sauce.

The dish looks a bit messy, that's because after it baked all the oil was drained out. We don't like oily. Then all the carrots, onions & mushrooms were placed in to bake for 10mins. The veges were preseasoned with lemon-salt, black pepper & rosemary.

The chicken was seasoned with salt, black pepper, chilli, tumeric & coriander, by using a kitchen scissors to seperate the meat & skin. The seasonings were stuffed & rubbed in under the skin to trap the flavours in the meat while baking.

It's an effortless dish & a complete meal that can be prepared in 10 minutes, then baked in 30 minutes at 350'.

Side dishes were steamed white rice & the sauce was made by grating a cucumber & wisking it into some yogurt, add a dash of salt if you like. This can be done while the chicken is baking.

Uploaded with
Renata

Re: Renata's Kitchen

Postby BellaRuth » Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:41 am

Ahh that looks all kinds of amazing! And really easy.

It is inspired by Trinidad cuisine? I'm not familiar with Carribean food but I went to a restaurant once that was centered around Jamaican food and it was gorgeous.

Chicken is so versatile. I'm cooking chicken right now with houmous and halloumi in a wrap with salad. Mmm
When there is no enemy within, the enemies outside cannot hurt you.
BellaRuth

Postby Renata » Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:57 am

I think this dish is a bit european but with caribbean flavours & the sauce is turkish ... yah chicken is real easy & you can do it in so many differnt ways.
Renata

Postby NinjaPuppy » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:45 am

Renata - YUMMY!
Thank you for giving me the tip on grating the cucumber into the yogurt. I've been wanting to get into different yogurt sauces but chopping a cucumber up to itty bitty pieces was a pain. I never even thought of grating it. DUH!
Indecision may or may not be my problem - Jimmy Buffett
NinjaPuppy

Postby BellaRuth » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:08 am

Lmao, the image of you desperately trying to cut the cucumber into small pieces made me laugh out loud. Exactly the sort of thing I would do.
BellaRuth

Postby NinjaPuppy » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:57 am

I'll be eating chicken with yogurt sauce tonight for dinner and it won't take me FOREVER to prepare.
Indecision may or may not be my problem - Jimmy Buffett
NinjaPuppy

Postby Renata » Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:44 pm

Breakfast

Tired of cereal, eggs & toast :?:

Protien Pancakes

1/2 cup tiny split peas & 1/2 cup rice
Wash & soak in 1 cup of water raw.
When all the water is absorbed after 2 hrs or so, Puree raw in the food processor & store in a Mug.
Heat non stick pan, use butter or oil, or nothing & pour pancake mix, sprinkle salt if desired.

These Protien pancakes are special because they can be sweet or savory. As well while cooking you can add any toppings you desire, even pizza toppings.

I like spinach & milk kurd toppings, or vege Pizza toppings finely chopped, etc ,etc.

Anything goes here.

Store the Pancake mix in the fridge & use throughout the week. Even if it ferments a bit, it's even beeter to use it's now probiotic. :)
Renata

Postby BellaRuth » Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:36 pm

That's a good idea.

I like making pancakes with raw coconut flour but my boyfriend absolutely hates them, haha. I think they taste lovely but I have a thing for coconut. I wonder if he'll prefer these. Sometimes it's nice to try and get away from all the wheat.
BellaRuth

Postby Renata » Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:43 pm

Guys are all for Protien. Tell him it's protien rich.
Renata

Postby Renata » Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:50 pm

Home made Ice Cream - 2 ingredients

Over ripe bananas tend to get very sweet ... the riper they are the sweeter they are. You know when the bananas start getting brown spots & looks ugly.

1 bunch of over ripe bananas
Freeze the bananas, then add 1/8 cup Milk (cow, goat, coconut, almond, peanut or cashew) or if you want really rich ice cream add Cream. Blend well until fluffy.

Freeze for 10 minutes & Eat :mrgreen:

Vanilla extract, cinnamon or any of your favourite spices can be added for variation.

Renata

Return to Food, Cooking, Cuisine