[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Music • Ladies Discussion Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Mobile Version

Music

Discuss your favorite movies, TV shows, music, celebrities and books.

Music

Postby NinjaPuppy » Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:22 am

I know all of you are much younger than I am so there may be a massive divide in musical taste but.... who's listening to what?

I grew up with the 'Beatles' (probably another one of my emotional attachments to England) then it was 'Queen' (England again) then I graduated to 'Jimmy Buffett' in my older years. And I have to give a shout out to 'Weird Al Yankovic' for his creativity. This video gave me revenge for the countless hours of ear shattering music (Nirvana) coming out of my daughters room back in the 80s:

Indecision may or may not be my problem - Jimmy Buffett
NinjaPuppy

Re: Music

Postby BellaRuth » Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:42 am

I'm really into Sigur Ros and MGMT (and not just because the lead singer of MGMT makes me feel a bit breathless... haha).

I think their music is great. I'm seeing both bands live this year and am very excited!

The Beatles are genuises, but I've always preferred the Rolling Stones. Queen are undeniably great. You are lucky to have grown up in such an era.

I like all kinds of music- I have favourite classical, dance, hip hop songs, and will listen to any genre depending what mood I'm in, but on a whole I like things to be fairly experimental and slightly bohemian.

I absolutely adore this crazy-beautiful song Sigur Ros released last week:

Here's one of my favourite songs from MGMT:

When there is no enemy within, the enemies outside cannot hurt you.
BellaRuth

Postby NinjaPuppy » Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:57 am

That first one is beautiful. I'd like to see if I can find an English translation to the lyrics.

MGMT is very good. It reminds me of the Beatles during their Sgt. Pepper days. Mostly strong hints of George Harrison style of composing and even the vocals.
Indecision may or may not be my problem - Jimmy Buffett
NinjaPuppy

Postby Renata » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:28 am

Some of my favourites ...

Renata

Postby Sunshine » Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:47 pm

At the moment I have on in the background. My music taste is very broad but my "listening to right now" changes a lot. I'm on a "" trip at the moment :D And before that it was an "" mood, a "" mood... prior to that I think it was "", ""... it's pretty well all over the place haha Once I even learned a whole just so I could sing it while I cooked or cleaned or whatever I was doing alone at home :D
Sunshine

Return to Movies, Music, Celebrities, Books