[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Poetry • Ladies Discussion Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Mobile Version

Poetry

Discuss your favorite movies, TV shows, music, celebrities and books.

Poetry

Postby BellaRuth » Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:56 pm

Might be a long shot, but anyone into poetry?

I think it's massively underrated as an art form. I'd go as far as to say that some poems have changed my life.

My favourite poet is John Keats. My mother thinks he's too flowery and rambling- she prefers Kipling, who I just can't 'get'. That's one of the beautiful things about poetry- it's so personal.

Anyway. Here's a few I'd like to share:

My number one. I read this whenever I'm feeling down. It's amazing. Ode on Melacholy by Keats

This is an intriguting, simple poem that seems to resonate for a lot of people- Wild Geese by Mary Oliver. It's not one of my favourites but it seems to be quite refreshing.

Absolutely adore this by Bukowski.

Let me know if you have any poems that are special to you :)
When there is no enemy within, the enemies outside cannot hurt you.
BellaRuth

Re: Poetry

Postby Ava Paige » Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:45 pm

I can relate to this poem so well:

TO THE VIRGINS, TO MAKE MUCH OF TIME.
by Robert Herrick

GATHER ye rosebuds while ye may,
Old time is still a-flying :
And this same flower that smiles to-day
To-morrow will be dying.

The glorious lamp of heaven, the sun,
The higher he's a-getting,