[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Marriage - for better or worst • Ladies Discussion Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Mobile Version

Marriage - for better or worst

Discuss personal development, self-improvement and psychology.

Marriage - for better or worst

Postby Renata » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:13 am

Share some of your trials or triumps that you've had with Marriage. Maybe we can learn or see the error from another's prespective.

Words of Wisdom ..:

1) It's isn't easy all the time. :|
2) Do not nag! It's a golden rule. No adult want to feel like 6. ;)
3) Don't sweat the small stuff ...
Like throwing trash in the wrong bin or buying the wrong items, even though they had a list. :lol:
4) Mother-in-law or in my case Grandmother-in-law, you don't want that fight, walk away! :oops:
5) Don't try to marry someone' with the hope thay will change, ever. 8-) ... Should have known what you were getting into in the first place !
Renata

Re: Marriage - for better or worst

Postby Renata » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:39 am

Ok I'll share a common situation in my house. It's a bit funny but it's a really big deal at the same time.

I don't make or eat meat everyday, because it's what i'm accustomed to. My better half :mrgreen: is rather upset if there's no meat on his plate. He'll eat & enjoy his food, but will open & stare into the fridge afterwards like the meat will jump out cooked & he'll get to eat it :D ... when I don't make meat he'll go check the freezer & say but look we have :?

I'm very health concious & I belive that if I don't cook meat every day, we'll get more Vegetables in & I've read that meat takes longer to digest than veges do. As well I think we'll get more nutrients in, but Man' just wants Meat :mrgreen:
Renata

Postby NinjaPuppy » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:42 pm

Around here, I make 2 full (different) dinners the same night at least 3 nights a week. Super healthy dinners for me and fairly healthy but not food I would eat.

Since my husband has no problems at all with his weight, cholesterol, blood pressure or anything diet related, I figure if it's not broke, don't fix it. I ask him to let me know what he wants for dinner and I cook it. Then I make myself either a meatless version or something completely different. He hates so many of the vegetable that I love, so I just buy smaller sized veggies or get two meals (for me) out of them. He likes canned veggies and I eat fresh. He also likes a lot of prepared foods that I won't touch, like hotdogs. He loves a big grilled steak or hamburger. I make myself chicken breast or a turkey burger.

Once you get a system, it gets really easy to do this.
Indecision may or may not be my problem - Jimmy Buffett
NinjaPuppy

Postby Renata » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:49 pm

The only 2 Dinners I'll make is the food I so lovingly prepared & sanwhich for him :lol:

Refer to Words of Wisdom, no. 5) He knew what he was getting into :mrgreen:
Renata

Postby NinjaPuppy » Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:54 am

Indecision may or may not be my problem - Jimmy Buffett
NinjaPuppy

Postby Renata » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:19 am

Where i'm from if you didn't like what mummy made, you could always get food from the neighbours :mrgreen: ... when you go there to play it's custom' to offer the visitor something to eat or drink. We also had a mango tree, so we ate from it too ... belly full :mrgreen: ... now it's not so safe to go wandering around the neighbourhood unfortunately, several kids have been kidnapped over the years from ransom.
Renata

Return to Personal Development, Self-Improvement, Psychology