View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Mobile Version

What's Your Feelings About Religion and Spirituality?

Discuss religion and spirituality.

What's Your Feelings About Religion and Spirituality?

Postby NinjaPuppy » Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:15 pm

I used to be what would be considered very religious. Catholic by upbringing, now Wiccan by choice. Now before anyone here gets that funny look on their face when they read the word Wiccan, get the Hollywood version out of your head. No, I don't wear a pointy hat or ride a broom or turn people into frogs. :lol:

It's beliefs based in the honor and respect of nature and the Universe without the organized religious mumbo jumbo.
Indecision may or may not be my problem - Jimmy Buffett
NinjaPuppy

Re: What's Your Feelings About Religion and Spirituality?

Postby Renata » Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:28 pm

Wicca brings out very good clean spirituality. I'm Anti-religion, Pro spiritual & not an athiest.

When asked what my religion is I say, "I believe!" 8-)
Renata

Postby BellaRuth » Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:35 pm

I'm a Catholic.

I was 'meant' to be Catholic but my grandmother turned her back on it in her youth after disagreeing with a priest, so I wasn't actually brought up in the religion. A lot of it is still strange to me. My mother re-discovered Catholicism a few years back, felt completely at home with it, and I joined her in converting because I felt it made more sense to me than Protestantism (which I was before).

I used to be pretty interested in paganism when I was a teenager because of my love of nature, so I'm familar with Wicca. It certainly is a beautiful religion.

I'm pretty liberal in my beliefs and private about them, like most in my country (religion is kind of seen as a peculiar hobby, like trainspotting), but I do have quite strong personal beliefs, and fall more in love with Catholicism the longer I practise it. It's nice to finally feel comfortable spiritually.
When there is no enemy within, the enemies outside cannot hurt you.
BellaRuth

Postby NinjaPuppy » Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:19 pm

I was always taught that you never question someone's religion. Not that you can't ask them about it but you NEVER question their beliefs. If you question their beliefs and they start to question them, it can cast a spirit of doubt and that is never good.

We all need something to believe in. What that is doesn't matter as long as we truly believe.
NinjaPuppy

Postby NinjaPuppy » Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:51 pm

I'll be taking some sort of psychic classes this fall. I'm waiting for a course description to be posted. I've hit a point in my life where I want to take this to the next level. What 'this' is, I have no clue but I'm going for it. It should be fun.
NinjaPuppy

Return to Religion and Spirituality