[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
I'll be Watching Your Posts • Ladies Discussion Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Mobile Version

I'll be Watching Your Posts

Introduce yourself here and let us know who you are!

I'll be Watching Your Posts

Postby Entrepreneur » Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:31 pm

Hi there!

This isn't really an introduction because I don't really belong here. I'm a man, hehe..

But I started one the most controversial threads of all time on the Men's forums: http://www.happierabroad.com/forum/view ... hp?t=15590
(I do have an introduction there: http://goo.gl/gWX3B)

To be clear: I do not at all believe what most men over there say about you! I may be cynical & skeptical of many, in-fact most women, but I'm not even close to a "misogynist" yet. When I inquired about letting women join H.A., it devolved into a MASSIVE flame war! 9 pages long. That wasn't my intention at all. And consequently I left this place for 9 months, thinking the members here were without hope.

I sincerely just wanted some input from *foreign women on how we (expat guys) can make ourselves more attractive to sincere & approachable women... :-)

It's good to see that my idea for a “Allowing Women on HappierAbroad” has been taken seriously!

Kudos to Winston Wu for having the balls to do it!!!
(one theme suggestion though: Change the smileys. They look like balloons! :!: )

I'll be reading more of your posts, enjoying them so far.

Have a good day!
Entrepreneur

Re: I'll be Watching Your Posts

Postby Renata » Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:22 am

Hi Entrepreneur,

Men' are welcomed here :mrgreen:

We would love to hear from you about topics that interest you, like Business/Entrepreneurship.

I remember that thread, I think I replied to your question ...

Welcome & nice to meet you too.
Renata

Postby NinjaPuppy » Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:16 am

Welcome Entrepreneur!
Indecision may or may not be my problem - Jimmy Buffett
NinjaPuppy

Postby BellaRuth » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:17 am

Hi!

I'm REALLY into business and becoming an entrepreneur too, it's one of the best paths I've involved myself in. Great to see a man here- and you do belong here. I think 'Ladies Forum' stands for 'Ladies are Allowed' rather tham 'Ladies Only' ;)
When there is no enemy within, the enemies outside cannot hurt you.
BellaRuth

Postby obsidian colibri » Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:04 pm

welcome :) !
obsidian colibri

Postby Entrepreneur » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:13 am

Why Thankyou, Renata, NinjaPuppy, BellaRuth, and Colibi. :-)

@ Renata & Bella: That's so awesome. I don't personally know any other women who are into entrepreneurship. I took a "Entrepreneurship 101" type course in college 4 years ago. And I remember there was only 1 girl in my class of 30. (I bet it's paying dividends for her now, when all her friends got drunk at sororities. he he) But hey it was a freshman course so maybe that's why..

Still, entrepreneurship is absolutely essential if you want to be a perpetual traveler. Or even just live comfortably in lower GDP countries.

You know what they say about Money right?

"Grab that cash with both hands
And make a stash

New car, caviar, four star daydream
Think I'll buy me a football team
" :-D
http://vimeo.com/57338243
Entrepreneur

Postby Renata » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:30 am

Renata

Postby BellaRuth » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:43 am

I'm selling merchandise online and offline. It's the most wonderful, fun and challenging thing I've ever done. I have always wanted to be self-employed.

Last year I ended up being employed by a company under a permanent, full-time contract. I adored the company, worked really hard and had hopes on getting to the next level there. One day, I came in for a last-minute shift at work and they made me redundant, without a reason or pay. This was completely legal. They made about ten people redundant that day.

Since then I have no trust for employment. They expect the world from you yet treat you as a disposable slave. I'd rather make my own money, be in control of my future and work when I want to.

Oops, that turned into a bit of a rant. :)

Another thing I love about entrepreneurship is how demanding it is. You can't try to charm the boss and coast through. You have to up your game at every level. I've been forced to learn how to sell, how to write, how to speak to groups of strangers, organise deals, make contracts, present a certain image, manipulate internet traffic, advertise... etc. The learning never ends. It's a rollercoaster, and so exciting and rewarding.
When there is no enemy within, the enemies outside cannot hurt you.
BellaRuth

Postby NinjaPuppy » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:55 am

NinjaPuppy

Postby Entrepreneur » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:32 am

Entrepreneur

Postby Entrepreneur » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:48 am

Entrepreneur

Postby Entrepreneur » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:15 pm

Entrepreneur

Postby NinjaPuppy » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:06 am

All excellent points. Thank you!
NinjaPuppy

Postby Winston » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:49 am

Do you make overseas calls? For the lowest rates, check out my .

Seeking a foreign partner? See these .
Winston
Site Admin

Postby Renata » Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:38 am

Winston, Redundant is when you get fired when the company is trying to downsize employees. It happens at random sometimes or they do appraisals on everyone's job portfolio to see if they really need them.
Renata

Return to Introduce Yourself