View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Mobile Version

USA embassy

Discuss immigrating overseas, and the visa and residency issues that go with it.

USA embassy

Postby Renata » Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:24 pm

I wanted to visit my sister in 2008 & applied for a visa & on the same day as my interview the US embassy concluded that I was too well travelled & had no tangible ties to my country & I'm of potential high risk to overstay in their country. Meee??! :shock: Why are US visas so hard to get?

I didn't understand how the system worked & just applied. After I got rejected, I asked around about applying for a US visa... if you are a religious priest, athlete, land owner, musical artist or dancer affliated with some group ... you get the visa no questions asked ...that's just insane lol.

Even if you have a fat bank account, you are high risk to overstay too because you have startup income to migrate ... if married couples go together & they don't have careers, homes, land or a business, they get rejected too.

Never again USA :?
Renata

Re: USA embassy

Postby Think Different » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:15 am

America is a land of absolute hypocrisy and double-talk. The only nice thing left about the country is the nature. Go elsewhere and meet your sister in a nicer and more welcoming place! :)
Think Different

Postby Renata » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:31 am

I usually meet her when she goes home to the Caribbean. I would have liked to visit for a few weeks to see where she lives at least, spend quality time with my brother in law, & meet her new family & in-laws etc, ... as well maybe a side trip to disney world, or Alaska. :mrgreen:
Renata

Postby Riyko » Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:41 pm

You aren't the only one, i've been reading a lot lately that it's getting harder for people to get visa's to the US and even having strong ties to your country you can still be denied a visa. One example i can think of off the top of my head is a good friend of mine was coming to visit me from Spain and he got denied a visa even though he works as one of the main animators for paramount pictures spain and has really strong ties to his country because of that.
Riyko

Postby Renata » Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:51 am

Ya it's just crazy Riyko, and then they let all the loons in that do end up overstaying ... I applied in 2008, so it's been going on for awhile now.
Renata

Return to Immigrating Abroad, Visa and Residency Issues