[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
What's Happening In Your Neck of the Woods? • Ladies Discussion Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Mobile Version

What's Happening In Your Neck of the Woods?

Discuss news and current events.

What's Happening In Your Neck of the Woods?

Postby NinjaPuppy » Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:38 am

I thought that since there is such a wonderful collection of people from around the globe on this forum that we needed a place to discuss what is happening in our worlds. I don't usually follow much news as most of it seems one sided or over sensationalized but I always love to hear first hand reports from those who have the latest information.

I looked around to find something worthy of this News and Current Events topic but I couldn't find anything that stood out. :D
Indecision may or may not be my problem - Jimmy Buffett
NinjaPuppy

Re: What's Happening In Your Neck of the Woods?

Postby BellaRuth » Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:25 pm

Ahhh, I actually make a point of not reading the news anymore!

I used to read quite a bit of news every day and I found it made me depressed and suspicious of everything.

The only thing I've heard people talking about that's vaguely related to current events is that it's music festival season here in the UK- Glastonbury is next week, and lots of other festivals dotted around. It's a great, exciting and optimistic atmosphere, I love this time of year :)
When there is no enemy within, the enemies outside cannot hurt you.
BellaRuth

Postby NinjaPuppy » Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:43 pm

NinjaPuppy

Postby BellaRuth » Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:52 pm

No but I'll DEFINITELY go one day.

I've been to Glasgow but not Edinburgh. Glasgow is a pretty boring nondescript city, Edinburgh has a great reputation for tourists. I need to go back up there when I can and pop to the Fringe Festival hopefully at the same time.

Would be good to be there at New Year's Eve, too ;)
When there is no enemy within, the enemies outside cannot hurt you.
BellaRuth

Postby NinjaPuppy » Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:01 pm

On the other women's boards that I've been on in my lifetime, we've always put together some great travel events for F2F meetings. I've treasured those trips and met some of the most wonderful (and some strange but interesting) ladies. Some of us have formed strong bonds over the past 20 years. We watched the younger ones get over dating hurdles, get married, have kids and even watched some of those kids grow up and get married. We've gotten them through nasty divorces and family crisis and even talked a few through the 911 tragedy in New York in real time on our forum.

Perhaps as this forum grows, we can find interesting places to meet and greet. Who knows?
NinjaPuppy

Postby NinjaPuppy » Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:06 pm

Happy birthday Renata!
NinjaPuppy

Return to News and Current Events