[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
How to deal with an open relationship. • Ladies Discussion Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Mobile Version

How to deal with an open relationship.

Discuss dating, relationships and meeting foreign men.

How to deal with an open relationship.

Postby Dianne05 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:32 am

My boyfriend of almost 7 years decided that because he has had only a few girlfriends in his entire life that he needs to get out there and experience sexual relationships with other women. This provoked him to want to end our relationships. I suggested having an open relationship.. maybe out of fear of losing him. But i am not so sure i want this. I mean the idea of him sleeping with other women makes me sick to my stomach. I am however not going to be with other men. I am not that kind of person. I love him very much. I want him to be happy. But also the thought of him finding someone else that will mean more to him also has crossed my mind. I have no one to discuss this with... I won’t dare tell anyone i know. I need support on either how to accept it, ideas for getting through it, or some rules that have worked for you.
Dianne05

Re: How to deal with an open relationship.

Postby NinjaPuppy » Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:56 am

Indecision may or may not be my problem - Jimmy Buffett
NinjaPuppy

Postby Renata » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:53 am

Gone are the days when boy meets girl, they get married & live happily ever after ...

Since sex has been easier to get, true love has been harder to find.

I know what I would do in this situation, :ugeek: but for everyone the circumstances are different. Take very good care of youself and your health.
Renata

Postby Sunshine » Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:56 am

Sunshine

Postby curious1234 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:04 am

The most beautiful thing you could do to him is to shock him by saying something like 'Thank you fro your honesty. I appreciate it. Off you go. You're a free man now. Enjoy your freedom while I enjoy mine.' And...move on with your life. Show him that you have dignity and self-respect. This will turn him on big time, and he might want to c0me back, but you have already moved on, and it is not so easy. Reverse psychology it is called. Guys are attention seekers, and you will deprive him of attention. Naughty boys don't get your attention, remember! You do not reward men for bad behaviour.
curious1234

Postby Sunshine » Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:02 pm

Sunshine

Postby curious1234 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:39 am

You didn't even try to get what I was saying. It is not a mind game. You would do this for yourself, your sanity, and to maintain your dignity as a woman. If he wants to go, you can't stop him. Later, he will resent this, and he might stay, but try to sleep with other women, too, and you would end up being frstrated and unappreciated.

You're completely missing my point. If you do this to get him back, this might backfire, true, because then it is a game, and you might fail. If you do this for yourself, it won't.

WHy keep a man who wants to sleep with other women? It is difficult and heartbreaking, and so not fair, especially that we, as women, stay loyal and are not interested in sleeping with other guys, but you can't keep a man if he wants to go.

The most important thing now is to maintain your identity, self respect, dignity. Not easy, but possible. I have done it myself. He was trying to get back with me, but I was not interested. WHo needs a man like that? Most of the time he wanted to be free and be with other women. If he wanted his freedom, I gave it to him, but I knew what I was doing. I was doing it for myself, not to get him back. It worked, for me off course, which was my intention. It wasn't supposed to work for him.

Guys need to be more careful what they wish for...
curious1234

Postby Renata » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:07 am

I'll walk away from it all ... I don't like toxic relations. I don't like having rubbish on my arm either.
Renata

Return to Dating, Relationships, Meeting Foreign Men