[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Chinese food is quite tasty... • Ladies Discussion Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Mobile Version

Chinese food is quite tasty...

Share your trip reports and travel experiences around the world.

Chinese food is quite tasty...

Postby zboy1 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:15 pm

I've been in China for about a week now, teaching English in China.

So far I've been stuck eating only cafeteria food (served to teachers in the school) and a few restaurants here and there during my stay in China, and I must say, Chinese food is quite tasty here...Maybe it's because I'm so used to eating Korean food/Asian food all my life that I haven't gone through the usual adjustment process most foreigners go through while in China.

I can see many similarities between Chinese, Korean, Thai, Taiwanese and Japanese food. Of course, there are major differences, but I'm liking it so far. Dumplings, noodles, soup, meat and vegetable dishes all seem somewhat similar. The only thing I can't eat is fish and other seafood dishes (except when it contains lobster, shrimp, and crab), unless it is fried. Otherwise, I think it's pretty tasty.

I've eaten a lot and have actually lost a lot of weight already! Can you believe that? The servers in the restaurants that I've been to have been very nice to me--especially when told that I am a foreigner to the country. They are impressed by my chopsticks ability and my big stomach, LOL.

The cafeteria ladies even give me extra portions because they see that I enjoy eating their food, and they sometimes even shout random English phrases at me, from time-to-time, LOL.

The Chinese take-out food is nothing compared to the food in China; Chinese-take-out food always made me sick whenever I ate it in the United States. All the MSG and oily chemicals and processed American garbage laced in the food--always made me think twice about eating back home.

I have an interesting question to ask about the food supply in China?: I thought the food supply in China was dirty, of poor quality and laced with chemicals and, yet, I feel healthier here in China than I have back in the States. Why is that?
zboy1

Re: Chinese food is quite tasty...

Postby Renata » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:24 pm

Maybe you feel healthier because you are eating fresher foods & less processed stuff. I've never been to China but I would like to live there for a bit :) Chinese take pride in cooking, so alot of thought and care goes into the preparation. Lucky guy! :mrgreen:
Renata

Postby Chelsea » Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:27 am

Thanks for your sharing. Your post will be so benefited on my Niagara tour. I want to visit on , You have some info about nearest resots of this and there special foods. I am looking for your help on this. Please let me now.
Chelsea

Postby livon555 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:15 am

This past year just before my I had a great experience of Niagara Falls tour with my family. Where we will ride the Maid of the fog, watch The Spirit of the Mist, and see Niagara Legends of Adventure Movie. We are stay there for two months at Quality Inn hotel. It is best for family stay. At night, we will view the Illumination of the fall. Our tour of the city included stops at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Armstrong Air and Space Museum.
For further details here I recommend to you this site http://www.getbustours.com/5day-los-ang ... -tour.html. It will be help full to arrange your trip and assist you to find there comfortable accommodation as well.
livon555

Postby Sherlock » Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:26 am

You are right livon555, Quality Inn hotel is an ideal place to stay near Niagara Fall. I also stayed there during my Niagara tour. About few months ago during my tour I have been explored the beauty of this pretty sight. This hotel is located very close to the fall and we can enjoy the awesome views of this incredible spot from this hotel.
Sherlock

Postby Tani321 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:50 pm

No doubt Sherlock. The Quality Inn hotel is one of the best hotel to stay near Niagara Falls. I have personal experience of this hotel. I stayed there with my family and enjoyed comfortable stayed there. It offers lots of services of their customers with affordable price. I will say everyone those who want to go there then must choose for staying. I am sure you will like them.
Tani321

Return to Trip Reports and Travel Experiences