[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Venezuela • Ladies Discussion Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Mobile Version

Venezuela

Share your trip reports and travel experiences around the world.

Venezuela

Postby Renata » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:17 pm

Venezuela is well known as being the Beauty Queen factory. :D Some of the most beautiful people I've met were from Venezuela. I think I left part of my heart there! It's a wonderful place to visit and live. Your vacation can easily go from mad shopping sprees in Magarita Island, to Skiing on the slopes of the Los Andes snow capped mountains, or just lying on the beach.

The best attractions in Venezuela are ..:

The Angel Falls it's the highest waterfall in the world and it's hiding deep within Venezuela’s Canaima National Park. The best time to visit the Angel falls is in the dry season because it's well within the jungle and, if you go during the rainy season you won't be able to see the waterfall, it becomes hidden by a cloudy mist, very mysterious indeed.

The Amazon forest. Venezuela is actually home to a beautiful rainforest & to the world’s largest largest rat, the chupacabra!!! :shock: (kidding). It’s actually called the Capybara and its large like a dog and very scary looking.

Sand Dunes (Medanos de Coro) Sand in the tropics? Really? YES! Many people don’t even know that the sand dunes exist in Venezuela. The dunes are just north of the small town called Coro which is an incredible place to see Spanish colonial architecture in its true form.

During my stay there I moved around from city to city until I got to a seaside place called Puerta La Cruz. We couldn't get a hotel & I had to rough it & sleep on the Pasea Colon beach. Lots of people were out and about the night was bright & busy. We felt safe, we slept. It was quite surreal to wake up the next morning to waves crashing & sand in my hair. We got brakfast a short walk away; street foods like Cachapas, Arepas, Empanadas & Shawarmas. Women were there on the street with ring stoves & gas tanks, pots & pans cooking freshly made hot food :P

There's also lots of nightlife, scuba diving, street parties, street dance etc .... and if you need to make a quick phone call you're in luck! On every street corner by every Electric pole you'll find a guy with a table, mobiles, phone chargers & phone cards. He gets his electricity from the electric pole by the way free, .. great business no overheads. 8-)

When exchanging USD for bolivas local stores & restaurants will give you double what the bank will. USD seems to be in short supply at the banks so businesses in Venezuela tend to pay more for it than it's worth. Everytime we needed cash we would just walk into a store and change smalls amounts here & there.

Venezuela has lots of smaller islands off of it's coasts that can be chartered by boats & ferries. Much to see & do, I'll have to make another trip or several trips back there.

One can never get bored in Venezuela, there's something for everyone! :mrgreen:
Renata

Re: Venezuela

Postby Renata » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:26 pm

Waking up on the beach ... sunrise

Uploaded with

Waking up on the beach ... he was the last one up lol

Pasea colon seaside

Uploaded with

Crazy looking manequins all over Vene :mrgreen:

Uploaded with

Street dancing

Uploaded with

Break dancing on the Pases Colon beach, Puerta La Cruz

Uploaded with

Two lovely flowers :lol:

Uploaded with

Angel falls & the Amazon forest

Uploaded with

Uploaded with

Uploaded with

Uploaded with

Uploaded with

One of the La Guardia Nationale that caught my eyes :oops:

Uploaded with

Leceria, Barcelona ... one of the richer areas

Uploaded with

Uploaded with

Bye bye Vene ...

Uploaded with

Bye Vene ...

Uploaded with
Last edited by Renata on Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Renata

Postby zboy1 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:42 pm

Wow! Beautiful pictures, Renata. Do you want to post this on the main board of Happierabroad as well? I think some of the men would like to see it, too.
zboy1

Postby Renata » Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:05 am

Zboy1 maybe you can start a Vene Trip report thread there & add this link ... they can click on it to see ... they shouldn't be afraid to come over to the dark side lol :lol: :mrgreen:

I've got alot more pics but it took awhile to upload, is there an easy way to put them up?
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=12&p=45#p45
Renata

Postby zboy1 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:51 pm

zboy1

Postby NinjaPuppy » Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:24 pm

Indecision may or may not be my problem - Jimmy Buffett
NinjaPuppy

Postby Renata » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:48 am

Wanderlust is great :P
Renata

Postby Chelsea » Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:40 am

Chelsea

Postby Renata » Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:31 am

Hey Chelsea, thanks :)

Well I've never been to the USA & I can't come because I was never able to get a visa. I've been to many places but the US just isn't going to be one of them. Safe trip Chelsea & post some pics! 8-)
Renata

Postby livon555 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:22 am

I had a great chance to visit the Angle falls last year just before my . The Angel Falls is probably the most incredible, astonishing, breathtaking place on earth. We can say this is one of the seven natural wonders of the world. It is absolutely worth to visit.
livon555

Postby Sherlock » Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:43 am

Discussion going well! After reading this discussion I have decided to visit this place in winter vacations with my family. What you members think winter is a best season to visit there? I am waiting for your suggestions.
I want to get few information about .
Sherlock

Postby Tani321 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:59 pm

No doubt that all of you have shared great information about Venezuela. I like them and must say I can go there without any hesitation. At this time, I am going to with my family. After coming back, I will make a plan to go there with my cousins. I hope I will see new and wonderful things here.
Tani321

Return to Trip Reports and Travel Experiences