[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Turkey • Ladies Discussion Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Mobile Version

Turkey

Share your trip reports and travel experiences around the world.

Turkey

Postby Renata » Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:33 pm

Turkiye known to the rest of the world as Turkey is a transcontinental country. It is located in both Western Asia and Southeastern Europe.

Geography
Turkey is bordered by eight countries ..:
> Bulgaria to the northwest
> Greece to the west
> Georgia to the northeast
> Armenia, Iran & Azerbaijan to the east
> Iraq and Syria to the southeast

You can catch busses, flights and trains to some of these destinations, which is very convenient. 8-) The Mediterranean Sea is to the south; the Aegean Sea is to the west; and the Black Sea is to the north. This makes it’s location at the crossroads of Europe and Asia significant geostrategic importance.

Interesting Places
Turkey offers a wealth of different destinations, such as majestic Istanbul, Roman ruins along the western and southern coasts, the beaches of Antalya, luxurious Mediterranean seaside resorts and misty mountains in the Eastern Black Sea. The theatre of Aspendos is a popular ancient theatre of antiquity built in 155AD by the Roman empire.

Pamukkale, meaning “cotton castle” , is a place I like because it has an unreal landscape in western Turkey, famous for its white terraces and hot spring mineral pools. The terraces are made of travertine, a sedimentary rock deposited by water with a very high mineral content from the hot springs. Visitors can enjoy warm baths in these pools. The ancient Greek city of Hierapolis was built on top of the hot springs by the kings of Pergamon. The ruins of the baths, temples and other Greek monuments can be seen at the site. The view from the up there is breathtaking.

People

Turkish people are very hospitable, friendly, helpful & kind to foreigners & tourists. They are very curious about us. Non Turks are called Yabanci.
Turkish Men = Cassanovas ... They know how to romance you, sometimes to the point of being a pest lol. The young men are quite good looking; groomed, dark eyes, long eyelashes, olive skin/pale skin. In the touristic areas they have no reservations about dating fat obese women. Visit the touristic areas & you'll see many Cassanovas with a beach-whale on their arm :shock: Turk men are famous for Holiday Romance; all sizes, shapes, pyramids welcomed :lol: These guys are known as Turkish-rats.

There seem to be 2 ethnics here; Turks & Kurdish very hard to tell them apart. Locals say it's the Kurds that are the ones causing all this Holiday Romance. Kurdish originally came to Turkey from the Arab world and settled here hundreds of years ago. They lived in the mountains & recently started to come down to live in the cities. Mostly in the heavy seaside touristic areas like Mamaris, Fetiye, Bodrum & Dalaman you'll experience this. There is also lots of nightlife, beach parties & bars in these areas.

My strange experiences with guys here was, a taxi driver in Dalaman making a detour to take me to a net cafe to chat on google translate, that was just crazy. A mini bus driver parking the bus to, as he said, practice English lol. Army men firing gunshots in my apartment building ... I decided to take a job close to the Syrian border, all seemed well until that happened. My fault. Other than this I've been here a few years and so far so good. Generally Turk men are ok & are not like what I mentioned earlier, in places like; Istanbul, Izmir, Antalya, Ankara & the big cities.

Other than that it's been ok because I've stay away from those touristic areas I mentioned. I've lived in Izmir, Antalya & Hatay. It's a big country, if you plan to visit stay away from the areas I mentioned above unless you're looking for ''Romance'' :mrgreen:

Turkish Ladies They are very hospitable and are quick to take you home to meet everyone & over feed you lol. They seem very reserved, shy & quiet but once you get to know them you soon realise they are loud when together, chatty, love gossiping & are not coy about anything. They will ask you if they want to know! They are very curious about foreigners. They love children and family life is very important here. If you marry a Turk expect to have people dropping in few times a day. Just leave your door open & keep the kitchen stocked :lol:

Food
A blend of Medditeranean & Arab dishes are popular here. The food is very healthy. All made from scratch from freah vegatables, fruits, herbs, spices & meats. Tea & bread are the main staple that goes with all the dishes I've noticed.

Turkey will introduce you to an intoxicating fusion of cultures, food, hospitality and civilisations that are truly enchanting. A land where dramatic history and thoroughly modern luxury have effortlessly blended.
Renata

Re: Turkey

Postby NinjaPuppy » Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:21 pm

What a beautiful picture!
Indecision may or may not be my problem - Jimmy Buffett
NinjaPuppy

Postby Renata » Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:29 pm

Ya, it's my favourite place ... can you believe those pools are natural, mineral rich & warm plus you get to gaze over a high mountain top view 8-) ... if only I could live in it lol :mrgreen:
Renata

Postby livon555 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:27 am

Interesting sharing! Well as my point of views about the Turkey is just great. However After studying abroad in Europe honestly I observe the Blue Mosque was definitely worth a visit. Beautiful mosaics and a candlelit chandelier add to the atmosphere. Learn about Islam and take some time to just hang out the Blue mosque is one of the best options I thought.
The is great option for doing fun it is best for especially for kids.
livon555

Postby Chelsea » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:57 am

I am a tourist and i also find traveling areas for visit. Its a nice place , but i have taken for my holidays, and i want to visit in this area on my next tour.
Chelsea

Postby livon555 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:53 am

I also use to visit Vegas before couple of years with my family. We got this tour in hot summer season. Las Vegas is the capital of entertainment! Enjoy all the spectacles on the strip! So as my experience the in Las Vegas means long days at the pool and even longer nights on the Las Vegas strip. The restaurants, the lounges the shows and the never ending entertainment found in the most exciting city on earth. I hopefully guide to you I hope you like it and all discussion is lead to you for your Las Vegas tour.
The is great option for doing fun it is best for especially for kids.
livon555

Postby Sherlock » Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:01 am

Patara Beach is a best place to see there. It is one of the longest stretches of sandy beach found anywhere in the Mediterranean. The beach is backed only by ancient Lycian and Roman ruins and swooping dunes with no buildings visible except of a small café. Patara Beach is also the breeding ground of the endangered Loggerhead turtle.
I want to get few information about .
Sherlock

Postby Tani321 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:48 am

Guys, i will say all of you have shared great detail about Turkey. All of these places are the top famous places to see in this country. I heard much about Grand Bazaar. It is the world largest bazaar in this country. It is located in Istanbul. I hope I will buy many great things here for my family and friend.
Tani321

Return to Trip Reports and Travel Experiences