View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Mobile Version

Haunted Locations?

Share your trip reports and travel experiences around the world.

Haunted Locations?

Postby NinjaPuppy » Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:07 pm

Has anyone ever vacationed in a so called "haunted hotel"? I'd love to hear your experiences.

Without knowing it (long before the days of shows like "Ghost Hunters" and similar shows) I've stayed at a few of the so called haunted places for vacation. The Hotel Vinoy in St. Petersburg, Florida was quite an experience for me. We checked in and my spidey senses went up immediately. The room we were given was NOT going to do and I asked for a different room. They obliged and the next night I was enjoying the free in room HBO when I saw about 5 people walk across the room and out to the patio. I'm used to this sort of thing but who ever these spirits were, they sure seemed drawn to the jacuzzi on the patio. All during my stay I kept 'seeing' people who weren't there. It was an interesting trip.
Indecision may or may not be my problem - Jimmy Buffett
NinjaPuppy

Re: Haunted Locations?

Postby Renata » Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:35 am

Who you gonna call ! :o Ghostbusters !!! :mrgreen:

I've experienced some wierd stuff too in the Caribbean; they do Shamanic magic, Voodoo & stuff. There is a forest legend of Papa'Bois, he's a deer with a human face. He protects the forest. Many claim they have seen him deep in the forests. He appears to hunters & lumberjacks as a warning. There was an incident where some hunters killed some wild boar/pigs & kept it in a freezer in the yard. This was in a seaside village close to the forests. The news reported while they we asleep they heard the front gates rattling, loud screams & the pigs squealing. When they went to see what was happening the front gate was pulled off & the freezer with the meat was ripped apart. The meat was gone too.
Renata

Postby NinjaPuppy » Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:14 am

While I've never had an opportunity to experience anything of a paranormal nature during my Caribbean travels, I did have a bit of luck with learning about voodoo and those sort of things in New Orleans.

Loved the story about those hunters. I've heard of the legend of Papa'Bois and others similar to it. Thank you for reminding me to do a little reading about it. I love reading about lore and legend.
NinjaPuppy

Postby Ava Paige » Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:27 pm

If you're up for a ghost hunting tour, Baguio City in Philippines is one of the places to go. That city by the mountains had a massive earthquake decades ago which destroyed lots of buildings and caused many deaths. Diplomat Hotel and Teachers Camp are the most popular places there and has the creepiest ghost stories ever:

http://www.squidoo.com/10-most-haunted- ... hilippines
Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus.
Ava Paige

Postby NinjaPuppy » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:30 am

Loved those stories! Thanks.
NinjaPuppy

Postby Tani321 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:07 pm

I like all of these stories and I will say Haunted places are the best for the fun. We can see there many views. Now in my next post, I will share the names of best and Haunted places in the world. Wait for my reply.
Tani321

Return to Trip Reports and Travel Experiences