[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
England • Ladies Discussion Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Mobile Version

England

Share your trip reports and travel experiences around the world.

England

Postby NinjaPuppy » Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:15 pm

I'm afraid that I don't have pictures to share as I went to the UK when I was 17. In case anyone is wondering, that was almost 6 decades ago, and my vintage polaroid pictures have since faded into blurry blue shapes on celluloid.

Similar to what Renata said, I found the English men very attentive and polite. It was also my first introduction to overseas travel and an area with diverse cultures.
Indecision may or may not be my problem - Jimmy Buffett
NinjaPuppy

Re: England

Postby Renata » Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:51 am

I worked in the UK for a few years too ... I don't feel like it's a tourist destination though ... I think Ireland & Scotland would be much better places to visit than England. England was all pubs & clubs for me while I was there.

I didn't get to see much of anything else except the coutryside, Westminster attractions, legoland, a few fun parks & I went on a date to the Royal Ascot.

I worked so much there :geek: that's the lifestyle long hours then go throw back a few pint of lager with your mates :P
I was always the designated driver though 8-) but I do have love for that country.
It could be the men that caused that :oops:
Renata

Postby NinjaPuppy » Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:07 am

NinjaPuppy

Postby Renata » Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:39 am

Ninja I just had to work all the time even on weekends ... thank goodness I ran away lol

Hey what about those Brtish slangs like; twonk, wanker, grumpy-git, ... got to love those words lol ... Some random guy, maybe a Scot or Irish told me I was his BonnieLass :mrgreen: oh I miss the place but not the job.
Renata

Postby NinjaPuppy » Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:47 am

NinjaPuppy

Postby BellaRuth » Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:48 pm

Haha, it's interesting to hear you talk about my country ;)

I'm glad you both liked it here. Most tourists I speak to seem to really enjoy their visit, which is great.

I didn't appreciate living here at all until I went travelling all around Europe. I adore the whole of Europe and feel at home in every country I've been to, but on returning to England I saw it with new eyes- it's character, culture, little quirks, and that the grass certainly isn't greener on the other side.

I still complain about the weather, but hey, it's kind of our number one hobby.
When there is no enemy within, the enemies outside cannot hurt you.
BellaRuth

Postby NinjaPuppy » Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:07 pm

Bella - What's not to like? We ugly Americans all sort of feel like the UK is our motherland no matter what our heritage. Our history begins with a boatload of people who sailed here from there. At least if you're from the North East part of the country. The South East history starts with the Spanish and other areas it starts with the French.

We tend to dwell more on the Europeans coming here more than the native people who were here long before everyone else.
NinjaPuppy

Postby BellaRuth » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:26 am

I didn't realise you had that connection with us. I don't really see Americans as descendants of Britain. That might explain the crazy fascination you have with anything that looks historical ;)

I'd love to visit the US. I want to see if it's like the country I see in films. We try to act all cool and disinterested about Americans but when an American comes over here it's a little embarrassing how much we fawn over them (though not so much London of course).

A black American guy was in my town recently. We never see Americans in this area, and a black American might as well be a unicorn. He probably thought he was Kayne West with all the attention he had from the girls. He bloody loved it, haha.
When there is no enemy within, the enemies outside cannot hurt you.
BellaRuth

Postby NinjaPuppy » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:54 am

NinjaPuppy

Postby Chelsea » Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:22 am

England has a various beautiful place for visit, but my most favorite place in England is Tower Bridge. It’s have a great attraction for their all visitors. Tower Bridge in London is one of the most recognizable symbols of the city. The bridge consists of two towers and two horizontal walkways between the towers together. The road may be raised when the big ships have to pass through. I visit on this place during my England tour. If you want to get more info on this please

Is this best for vacations?
Chelsea

Postby Sherlock » Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:57 am

Warwick Castle is one of the best place to visit in England. It is a wooden structure built by William the Conqueror in 1068, Warwick Castle was rebuilt in stone in the 12th century. During the Hundred Years War, the facade opposite the town was refortified, resulting in one of the most recognizable examples of 14th century military architecture.
I want to get few information about .
Sherlock

Postby Tani321 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:38 am

Nice discussion friends. All of above member has great knowledge about tourism. Thorpe Park Resort is a theme park in Chertsey, Surrey, England. After demolition of the Thorpe Park Estate in the 1930s, the site became a gravel pit. This park is very enjoyable for adults and kids. It is the major tourist attraction in England during summer vacations. The park and its attractions open at 10am every day on which it is open. The park closed at 5pm on weekdays, 6pm on weekends and 7pm on peak days. During the Halloween event Fright Nights, the park is open until 10pm.
My tour expierence with was memorable.
Tani321

Postby livon555 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:01 am

From long time I heard a number of gossips about Tower Bridge and now I want to visit this bridge soon. I want to go there in summer vacations just after and wish to stay in London couple of weeks. For long stay there I need someone’s help to find the best family resort near of the tower bridge. Please guide me.
livon555

Postby Tani321 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:03 am

Good choice Livon. I want to help you the nearest hotel in bridge tower. The Apex City of London Hotel is the best hotel for staying and most nearest hotel in this place. I am personally visit in London and staying this hotel before my . It service is very good and this hotel is not use alcohol.
Tani321

Postby livon555 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:49 am

Thanks for this interesting sharing. As well as your provided information is very helpful for me to plan my trip. I must visit your suggested places stay at Apex City of London Hotel .
livon555

Next

Return to Trip Reports and Travel Experiences