[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Trinidad & Tobago • Ladies Discussion Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Mobile Version

Trinidad & Tobago

Share your trip reports and travel experiences around the world.

Trinidad & Tobago

Postby Renata » Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:45 am

My humble beginnings ... Trinidad & Tobago

An island paradise with a melting pot of people; Trinis come in every colour, race, religion but we're all Trini.

We've got our own culture, music, foods, lifestyle & island vibe going on. We like to cook both indoors & especially outside, we think the food tastes better :mrgreen: We have two main populated islands both are polar opposties from eachother, even the accents vary. Then there are a few smaller islands most of which are uninhabited by people, animals rule in those parts. Boats can take you there where you can spend a day or a few nights on secluded beaches. Watch out for wild deers, turtles, goats, pigs & parrots coming to check you out, or confront you for tresspassing :shock:

We've got a Carnival much like the one in Rio, it's a bunch of masquerading street long events & parties that go on for a week in February.

We've got a pitch lake which supplies the world with Asphalt. That's the black stuff that they fix & pave the roads with.

There is crime in the country. When visiting you need to be street smart, stay in populated areas and you'll blend in perfectly & feel right at home.

The islands are very small but there's lots to do & see if you are the outdoory type, there's nightlife, beach clubs and paties. Locals are very friendly and will be helpful. We don't entertain bad behaviour, sass or rudeness from tourists you will be dropped back to the airport lol :lol: no joke :mrgreen: ... just enjoy your holiday! 8-)

http://www.tdc.co.tt/
http://gotrinidadandtobago.com/
Renata

Re: Trinidad & Tobago

Postby NinjaPuppy » Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:21 am

Renata - That video gave me goosebumps. So beautiful and serene. We all need to understand respect for the wildlife and nature that we share this earth with. Without it, we will perish.
Indecision may or may not be my problem - Jimmy Buffett
NinjaPuppy

Postby Renata » Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:30 am

Everything natural is perfect ... all the malls, clubs & pubs are there to distract us from the real beauty around us.

All this natural beauty costs nothing to see, you can find spots like this worldwide ... enter a mall, bar or pub & you walk out with less than what you entered with, it adds nothing to you.
Renata

Postby Tani321 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:14 am

Trinidad & Tobago is a twin Island country of South America. The Port of Spain is the capital city of this country. I have a little information about it; because my uncle had stayed there 1 year with family. I heard about it in my uncle. The official language is English and most people speak English. He shared a few names of famous places there. I want to share these names with all community members.
Emperor Valley Zoo
Asa Wright Nature Centre
Englishman's Bay
National Museum and Art Gallery, Trinidad
With low budget you can get now is the best option.
Tani321

Postby Sherlock » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:37 pm

Once in my life I get a chance to visit the Emperor Valley Zoo. I have been there few months ago after enjoying my tour with my few friends. This zoo is located in the in Port of Spain. It was first time opened for the public on November 8, 1952. This zoo homes to over 2000 individuals and over 200 species.
Sherlock

Postby Tani321 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:41 pm

Sherlock, You have shared really great names of this Zoo. NO doubt that this Zoo is best for the travelers as well as for kids. My elder sister also visited it last month before taking the . She shared with me some images of this Zoo. Let me share with you. I hope you will like them. The images are;
Tani321

Return to Trip Reports and Travel Experiences