[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Cyprus • Ladies Discussion Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Mobile Version

Cyprus

Share your trip reports and travel experiences around the world.

Cyprus

Postby BellaRuth » Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:02 pm

My sister lives in Cyprus and I have been there a couple of times to visit her.

She is incredibly happy there, and it is a fairly popular place for British people to emigrate to as it is much warmer, has the laid-back Greek culture and beautiful food, isn't too far on the plane and is friendly to outsiders. It has a very positive, outgoing atmosphere.

North Cyprus is Turkish, Southern Cyprus is Greek. When I refer to Cyprus I am only talking about the Greek side. I have not been to the North.

It is a great place for children as there are plenty of beaches, outdoor swimming pools, holiday resorts and family-friendly places you can go to. English is very widely spoken, you do not need to learn Greek but it may be useful if you plan to live there.

Although it is a warm and sunny country, it is very arid, dusty, barren and has frequent sandstorms. The landscape is more reminiscent of the Middle East than Greece due to its location.

Food is typical Greek food- salads, lamb, halloumi, amazing ice cream. Strangely, it can be difficult to find fresh fruit and vegetables, I presume most people grow their own.

In short, it may be worth a visit if:

- You like Greek food, sunshine, calm seas and a fun, party atmosphere.
- You are looking for somewhere to raise children where they can speak English and be accepted quickly by the natives.
- You want a laid-back, quiet life and don't get bored easily.

Why I wouldn't live there:

- There's not much to 'do' unless you like sunbathing all day and going out for a drink on the evenings. The streets are strangely empty in the daytime, especially in the smaller towns, and I didn't sense a great deal of community before 7pm at night.
- The food was difficult to get. It's lovely, but I kept having to eat at restuarants. I've no idea where the natives get their raw ingredients from, all I could find was ice cream, bread and cereal.
When there is no enemy within, the enemies outside cannot hurt you.
BellaRuth

Re: Cyprus

Postby zboy1 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:46 pm

Nice post, BellaRuth. I knew a female co-worker that vacationed in Cyprus for two weeks, and she loved it. The only problem is, as you mentioned, there isn't much of a nightlife over there...But, I can see that being a real positive if you have young children with you--and you want live in peace and quiet to enjoy the sun, LOL.
zboy1

Postby Sherlock » Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:50 pm

BellaRuth, your shared report is quite interesting and beneficial for those who want to go there in coming future. I never go there and now I also want to visit this destination. If any member tells me about some famous and most visited attractions of Cyprus then I can easily visit this state.
I want to get few information about .
Sherlock

Postby Tani321 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:52 am

Cyprus is a nice country and also knows as Island. It is the third largest and third most populous Island in the Mediterranean. The Nicosia is the capital city of this country. My uncle visited there last two months ago before . During the journey he had several a lots of places there. Here I want to share the names of famous attractions there:
i. Cyprus Museum
ii. Coral Bay, Cyprus
iii. Nissi Beach
iv. Tombs of the Kings
v. Selimiye Mosque, Nicosia
Tani321

Postby Sherlock » Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:13 am

Tani321, this information is quite beneficial and helpful me and all other readers who want to go there in coming future. I think now I can easily go there and enjoy this trip. I will try to visit all these places during my tour. These places sound amazing according to my interest.
Sherlock

Postby Tani321 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:07 pm

Why not Sherlock. You will definitely go there without any hesitation. I am glad that you will be satisfied with my shared information. I am happy you are planning to go there. I will say you don't forget to share your journey story with me. I am stay here to read it. Would you like to share with me?
Tani321

Return to Trip Reports and Travel Experiences