[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Unschooling / Home schooling - share your ideas! • Ladies Discussion Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Mobile Version

Unschooling / Home schooling - share your ideas!

Discuss family issues, parenting and child rearing (if you are a parent).

Unschooling / Home schooling - share your ideas!

Postby Renata » Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:16 am

I began Unschooling my baby, as I like to call it ... commonly known as Homeschooling.

School is institutionalisation and I can't see the benefits of having 1 teacher to 20+ kids. That's why I think it's important that kids stay home & learn. Get their education from parents and or private tutors in their own environment and surroundings.

No one can teach them better than you can. :ugeek:
No once can keep them safer than you can. :ugeek:

Unschooling isn't easy but it is possible with all the Resources Online & at the Libraries. Not going to school everyday allows them to wake up naturally, not be a slave to an alarm clock & feel opressed by someone else's rules and regulations. As well they can help out at home & learn practical stuff like Nutrition, Cooking, Sewing, or doing DYI projects.

Kids that are unschooled also get to learn everything in a very Practical way.

Please share your ideas and accomplishments regarding unschooling, or post any questions you may have. :P
Renata

Re: Unschooling / Home schooling - share your ideas!

Postby Renata » Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:24 am

Some of my acomplishments with unschooling thus far has been teaching my baby to count from 1-20 in three languages :P

As I mentioned before kids Learn through Play, so we had some fun playing Hide & Seek ...

I would count to 3 then my baby would hide, and then my baby would count to 3 then I would hide ... and so it went on and on until my little one could remember every number all the way to 20. Then we did it in different languges & Voila! Success!

Counting to 20 mastered in 1 week, for about an hour a day.
Last edited by Renata on Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Renata

Postby Johnny1975 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:33 am

I think it's a great idea. I also think it would be good for parents to get together and create their own school, with lessons taking place in people's houses. That way they also get to know people in the local area better, and when people know each other, they're friendlier, which creates a friendly community.
Johnny1975

Postby Renata » Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:25 pm

Homeschool kids should know eachother & be friends, parents too. I'm opposed to creating a school amongst them though, ... then we'll be back to the group schooling style we all ran from lol ... Homeschool is also for bonding with your kids, it is part of their upbringing.

As well it eliminates competition' that schools & classrooms create. Homeschooled kids are never in competition & aren't constantly being compared to any other student as a measure of their worth. They should be able to stand alone & know their value and never measure their worth based on another's acomplishments & success.
Renata

Postby NinjaPuppy » Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:02 pm

I honor your journey Renata. I think that what you are doing is fantastic.
Indecision may or may not be my problem - Jimmy Buffett
NinjaPuppy

Postby Renata » Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:22 pm

Thank you ninja ... the force is with me! :mrgreen:
Renata

Postby Renata » Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:34 am

Alphablocks cartoon playlist > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UU4FKj0O ... D7E914DEB3

Alphablocks is a great kids cartoon I found online. It teaches the sounds the letters make. It's efortless & my baby learns all the sounds the letters make, from watching these videos. :P
This is her TV time, well Laptop time, we don't have a TV.

Renata

Postby NinjaPuppy » Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:51 am

Love it!

My daughter will be getting information on that today!
NinjaPuppy

Postby Renata » Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:52 am

Great! After you watch it together .. re-watch it & ask her who's that? She'll tell you it's 'A' & ash her how does A go? She'll say AAAAH AAAH AAAAAAAAAAHHHH AAAH AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH ! :mrgreen: Point out any letter ... after an hour ... Success!
Renata

Postby NinjaPuppy » Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:59 am

Alas, we can not watch it together. We are over 1,000 miles apart. :(

I don't expect to go to see them until next year, unless some unexpected reason that requires my attention pops up. I do chat with my daughter a few times a week and of course this video will go directly via the internet.
NinjaPuppy

Postby Renata » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:42 pm

No one can keep your child safer than you can.
No one can teach your child better than you can.

Renata

Postby NinjaPuppy » Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:10 am

So true!
NinjaPuppy

Return to Family, Parenting, Child Rearing