Marrying yourself

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Marrying yourself

Post by MrMan »

I had commented somewhere some years ago after nation-states, US states, and eventually the Supreme Court went the way of presumptuous evil idiocy in redefining the meaning of marriage: what is to keep someone from marrying him or herself.

Think about it. You aren't your brother, sister, father, mother, or cousin, so it isn't against incest laws. Do incest laws apply to so-called 'gay marriage' anyway? After all, two dudes having sex is lower down on the perversion and disgust scale just a bit below having sex with one's sister.

If you marry yourself, then do you get double health benefits? I can't see a real benefit, necessarily. But one woman apparently married herself, met a man, then decided to divorce herself.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-new ... w-25519160

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Marrying yourself

Post by Yohan »

MrMan wrote:
December 6th, 2021, 10:29 am
If you marry yourself, then do you get double health benefits? I can't see a real benefit, necessarily. But one woman apparently married herself, met a man, then decided to divorce herself.
There are such crazy stories coming up from time to time, however such a marriage-yourself is nowhere legally accepted, therefore no way to receive double health care or other benefits.

Such females are outsiders who are merely into attention seeking...

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-new ... w-25519160
from the article:
On her wedding day, Cris could be seen showing off her tattoos in a stunning plunging white dress, posing outside a Catholic church in her native Brazil.

Reflecting on her impressive outfit at the time, Cris said: "I wanted to highlight my best features, my breasts. I wore a killer neckline."
The Catholic Church should have refused to accept her for marriage, as divorce has no place within the Catholic teachings.

The front of a Catholic Church is not the right place either to show up with your tattoos and your breast. Her so-called wedding dress looks more like lingerie...nothing impressive with her outfit.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

No idea how the Brazilian church viewed this particular instance of insanity. Surely the bride, who suspiciously looks like a shemale, got her Warholian 15 minutes of fame. He probably got another 5 when she announced she divorced and introduced her non-self partner.

There's this bit of old news from Japan I can remember...

https://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-news-fro ... e-30574801
A travel agency in one of Japan's most beautiful cities, Kyoto, has started organising bridal ceremonies for single women.

Kyodo news agency reports that Cerca Travel's two-day "solo wedding" package includes choosing your own special gown, bouquet and hairstyle, a limousine service, a stay at a hotel and a commemorative photo album. "This package boosted my sense of self-esteem… the effect was equal to a more extraordinary experience, such as visiting a World Heritage castle," says Tomoe Sawano, one of the first to try out a "solo wedding". About 30 women from across Japan have become "solo brides" since the service was launched in May. Almost half of them were married women who either did not have a wedding ceremony or were not satisfied with that experience, according to Cerca Travel.

The company's president, Yukiko Inoue, tells Kyodo she created the package "to encourage women to have positive feelings about themselves", but admits that "some people have said it would be 'lonely, miserable and sad' to use it". "Nationwide, more Japanese are living alone for a number of reasons - among them aging, urbanization, later marriage age and rising divorce rates," The Japan Times notes in a recent article. It quotes the National Institute of Population and Social Security Research as saying that the country's population is expected to decline between 26% and 38% by 2060.
This obviously belonging to the fancy experience category, for girls who cannot be bothered with a relationship but want to have the thrills of wearing a bridal dress, being hailed and clapped and thrown flowers at. I just hope the whole thing won't cost like a real wedding ceremony! :-)
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

The clickbait ad page where it first showed the marry herself woman called her a 10. I though oh no she isn't. I thought plastic surgery. Don't know about trans but something seems a little off.

I remember the Japanese photographer gimmick article from way back.

It said something about a picture in front of a church. I suspect priests and pastors there would turn her down. Some of the left wing denominations have rejected Christian sexual and other morals, so maybe one of them will do it, but lefities tend to jump on the bandwagon of idiocy after there is a bandwagon.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

MrMan wrote:
December 7th, 2021, 6:23 am
The clickbait ad page where it first showed the marry herself woman called her a 10. I though oh no she isn't. I thought plastic surgery. Don't know about trans but something seems a little off.

I remember the Japanese photographer gimmick article from way back.

It said something about a picture in front of a church. I suspect priests and pastors there would turn her down. Some of the left wing denominations have rejected Christian sexual and other morals, so maybe one of them will do it, but lefities tend to jump on the bandwagon of idiocy after there is a bandwagon.
Well, according to the news, if she had to divorce herself it means at least the local government considered the marriage valid. No idea what for...
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

publicduende wrote:
December 7th, 2021, 6:44 am
Well, according to the news, if she had to divorce herself it means at least the local government considered the marriage valid. No idea what for...
They legalized gay marriage in Brazil. If you were a government official and you were not allowed to 'discriminate' based on whether a relationship could really be marriage or not, why not just give out a certificate like this? She was a woman 'marrying' a woman. That's kind of gay if you think about it that way.

The official that gave out the paper could have been protesting the idiocy of the whole gay marriage thing, showing how stupid it was by going along with her request.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

MrMan wrote:
December 7th, 2021, 7:35 am
publicduende wrote:
They legalized gay marriage in Brazil. If you were a government official and you were not allowed to 'discriminate' based on whether a relationship could really be marriage or not, why not just give out a certificate like this? She was a woman 'marrying' a woman. That's kind of gay if you think about it that way.

The official that gave out the paper could have been protesting the idiocy of the whole gay marriage thing, showing how stupid it was by going along with her request.
Well, it's not the same, as the two "same sex partner" are the same person. I think the Sao Paulo officials who approved the wedding had a bit of a thirst for novelty and attention, too. Wouldn't be surprised, knowing the playful Brazilian spirit...
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

publicduende wrote:
December 7th, 2021, 8:36 am
MrMan wrote:
December 7th, 2021, 7:35 am
publicduende wrote:

Well, it's not the same, as the two "same sex partner" are the same person. I think the Sao Paulo officials who approved the wedding had a bit of a thirst for novelty and attention, too. Wouldn't be surprised, knowing the playful Brazilian spirit...
Well, it's less perverted if it's one person. But if two women can marry, why not just one, or a woman and a tree, or two sisters?
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

if two women can marry, why not just one, or a woman and a tree, or two sisters?
What about marry a bridge?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ssing.html
Rock-solid love: Australian woman marries a bridge in France - and even gets the mayor's blessing
Australian artist Jodi Rose has married Le Pont du Diable Bridge
Swore her undying love for 14th-century stone structure in south France

An Australian woman has taken her desire for the ‘strong and silent’-type to a new extreme when she married a bridge.

Jodi Rose married Le Pont du Diable Bridge in Céret, southern France after falling head over heels for the ‘sensual’ 14th century stone structure.

Ms Rose, or Mrs Le Pont du Diable, has spent the past decade travelling the world recording the vibrations in bridge cables with contact microphones and using them to create experimental music.