P J O'Rourke dies

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

P J O'Rourke dies

Post by Cornfed »

One of my childhood heroes I later reasised wasn't so great.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/17663996/ ... lumet-live/
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: P J O'Rourke dies

Post by gsjackson »

Met him once in 1990 at a party in D.C. Smaller than you'd expect. I hadn't paid attention to his political views for years, so didn't know about the Hillary endorsement, but I did assume that he and the party's host, Andy Ferguson, whom I knew from hanging out with The American Spectator staff in the '80s, had become suck-ups to the neocons, and produced the expected warmongering on demand. They knew on which side the "conservative" bread gets buttered, and you'll notice the ethnicity of several of the people mourning O'Rourke in this story.

But then they really disgusted me a few months into covid Crazy Time, when Peter Robinson interviewed them on Uncommon Sense, having invited them on to get the edgy, libertarian take on all the new restrictions on personal freedoms, especially face diapers. It seemed to be a surprise to Robinson that they were both fine with the whole program. Why, if it makes other people feel comfortable, said Ferguson, he didn't have any problem covering his breathing and communicating apparatus every time he appeared in public.

What could be better for a long-time cancer sufferer like O'Rourke than a regular reduction of his oxygen supply?
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Yeah in his whorporate career he always served as a shill for the Republican Party, but if he had died around 50 he might have crossed over half human. Probably people of his kind should aim to drink themselves to death around that age.
WilliamSmith
Veteran Poster

Post by WilliamSmith »

I didn't know he'd become such a zio-con cuckservative until you posted this, but I wish him a Pollyana-esque "RIP" nonetheless.
He definitely had a lot of wit!
The Democrats are the party that says government will make you smarter, taller, richer, and remove the crabgrass on your lawn. The Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work and then they get elected and prove it. --- P. J. O'Rourke
If you're serious about "taking the red pill," read thoroughly researched work by an unbiased "American intellectual soldier of our age" to learn what controlled media doesn't want you to see 8) : https://www.unz.com/page/american-pravda-series/