If I was an Authoritarian Leader...

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

If I was an Authoritarian Leader...

Post by Tsar »

...an absolute monarch, dictator, or autocrat, and the ICC charged me, I would have dropped a MOAB or FOAB on the Hague within 15 minutes of hearing about it and if NATO retaliated, I would launch all-out nuclear warfare on NATO with thousands of nukes turning every NATO nation into a radioactive wasteland.

Of course, that's assuming that I ruled a nation like Tonga, Fiji, or Monaco.

However, if I ruled any size nation, the Hague would have been completely leveled into a crater with everyone in the blast range dead, incinerated, or vaporized.

What would you do if you were a world leader and had nukes, or at least conventional weapons capable of inflicting nuclear strike level destruction?

Let the ICC (and NATO) do whatever they want or attack them?
I'm a visionary and a philosopher king 👑

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

Re: If I was an Authoritarian Leader...

Post by Natural_Born_Cynic »

Tsar wrote:
March 25th, 2023, 8:33 pm
...an absolute monarch, dictator, or autocrat, and the ICC charged me, I would have dropped a MOAB or FOAB on the Hague within 15 minutes of hearing about it and if NATO retaliated, I would launch all-out nuclear warfare on NATO with thousands of nukes turning every NATO nation into a radioactive wasteland.

However, if I ruled any size nation, the Hague would have been completely leveled into a crater with everyone in the blast range dead, incinerated, or vaporized.

What would you do if you were a world leader and had nukes, or at least conventional weapons capable of inflicting nuclear strike level destruction?

:lol: You dummy, What is the use of being a king when the entire world became a radioactive wasteland?
Your friendly Neighborhood Cynic!
Outcast9428
Experienced Poster

Post by Outcast9428 »

I've basically outlined what I would do if I was an authoritarian leader on this thread...

viewtopic.php?style=11&f=1&t=47915

@Natural_Born_Cynic I'd be curious to see what you think of it.
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

Outcast9428 wrote:
March 25th, 2023, 11:11 pm
I've basically outlined what I would do if I was an authoritarian leader on this thread...

viewtopic.php?style=11&f=1&t=47915

@Natural_Born_Cynic I'd be curious to see what you think of it.
I like it, it's good. Reminds me of some sort of a sci-fi theocratic government. No system is perfect but I have couple of questions.

1)How do people become cardinals then? Do people have to attend seminary and work their way up in the church to be a cardinal?
or do your government pick whoever is most qualified or capable as a cardinal?

2)Military conscription or professional military?

3)High taxes or low taxes? :)

4)Does your government accept people from other religion such as Buddhism, Islam, Jainism, Hinduism, etc?

5) Which organization oversees your order of assassins? What is the requirement of being accepted into the brotherhood of killers? Can women
be assassins? because the KGB, CIA, and others have used attractive women as spies or killers.

6)What would you do if your order of Assassins goes rogue and overthrows your government by taking out your council of Cardinals and your king?

7)Do people have the right to vote?

8)Is there a judicial branch and is your court system common law based or civil law based or religious based? similar to "sharia law".

9) Does your government allow usury in banking? That was one of cardinal sins in the medieval ages.

10) Your countries relationship with Western Nations, China, Russia, Latin America, Africa and other nations. How would that be like?
Outcast9428
Experienced Poster

Post by Outcast9428 »

@Natural_Born_Cynic

1. They would work their way up through the church so starting as a priest and then priests would be selected mainly for their devotion to the common good and their ability to handle issues in their community. A priest for example would have a slight administrative role over the town church and depending on how well he can lead his town he may become a cardinal. I think it is best to select leaders who are virtuous but also know what needs to be done.

2. I would say professional military. In emergency situations conscription might be necessary but not as a regular event.

3. I suspect the taxes would be on the lower side since the welfare program would be fairly simple. The lack of public education would also reduce taxes a lot. At the least, people would get back a lot of what they get taxed on.

4. People from other religions can be accepted but they must conform to all the rules of our society. Muslims for example would not be allowed to take multiple wives. Religious exemptions would not be an excuse for behavior that doesn’t follow our laws. As far as immigration goes people the government would be more hesitant to accept immigrants with a different religion.

5. It would not make sense for women to be in the order since the college of cardinals is male only, they would not blend in very well. I would say the order of assassins is passed down hereditarily. So fathers teach their sons. If their sons can’t do it though and numbers get low they’d be in charge of finding their own recruits.

6. The rogue assassins would have to be executed and a new order created to take its place.

7. Usually no, however, referendums might be made on certain issues that would involve paying taxes. Building a new park for example and maintaining it would get a referendum vote since it means people paying their own money.

8. The court system would be religious based, so kind of like sharia law but Christian.

9. Absolutely no usury allowed.

10. Relationships with other governments would depend on whether they accept our sovereignty or not. I don’t see the need to make enemies out of anybody but if a certain country like the US perhaps becomes belligerent in saying that we are a sexist authoritarian regime and need to be replaced I would consider working with opposing nations like Russia and Iran. I would definitely treat Hungary as a close ally. Latin America and Africa probably neutral towards. China, I would be suspicious of. I might work with them but I wouldn’t be willing to get too close with them in case they are serious about their plans for world domination and try to undermine us with unfair trade agreements. I also don’t see the need to make an enemy out of them though.
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

@Outcast9428

Your hypothetical society is much better than current degenerate trash U.S society we have right now, if it works. :)
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

MarcosZeitola wrote:
March 26th, 2023, 3:36 pm
Tsar wrote:
March 25th, 2023, 8:33 pm

You're my friend, @Tsar but I'm really glad you aren't running any countries. Hopefully, you never will. :lol:
If he manage to run a country, it is going to be North Korea 2.0. without the communist facade.