GeraldButler is One of the Coolest Members on this Forum

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Re: GeraldButler is One of the Coolest Members on this Forum

Post by Voyager1 »

As I said before... Tsar stop embarrassing yourself.

GeraldButler is like the gum that sticks to your shoe. It's hard to get rid of.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

Voyager1 wrote:
April 1st, 2023, 3:20 am

@GerardButler
What do you have to say in response to @Voyager1's post?

He's diminishing your intellect and status by comparing you to a piece of chewed gum stuck to someone's shoe. He's also implying that you contribute nothing to the forum and wants you to leave.
I'm a visionary and a philosopher king 👑
Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Post by Voyager1 »

I gave GeraldButler too much credit. GeraldButler is like the toilet paper that sticks to your shoe after using the WC. You just can't get rid of it.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

GerardButler wrote:
April 1st, 2023, 2:54 am
Yohan wrote:
March 25th, 2023, 10:55 pm
Everybody can go there easily from Bangkok, by train, by long-distance bus, booking a flight, renting a car and drive yourself...
Chiang Mai is not easy to get to from Bangkok unless you fly. Traveling by train, bus or driving yourself takes more than 9 hours.
It's easy to travel around by long distance bus or by own/or rent a car in all Thailand.
It takes time of course, you are right. It's from Pattaya to Chiang Mai approx 820 km if you use the new toll roads from Pattaya - Bangkok....
It takes longer than 9 hours for sure, depending on frequent stops, weather and traffic expect 12 hours or more.

But the streets are fairly good, and there are daily cheap long-distance buses from Pattaya and of course also from Bangkok to almost everywhere in Thailand.

If you have time, why not? Leave early morning by express bus and arrive in evening, or use the night long distance bus, save one night for a hotel...

Bus is sometimes useful, if you have a lot of luggage or if you want to take your own small motorcycle (up to 150cc or so) with you.

Drive your own car is also nice, as you can stop everywhere you like....

Of course, domestic flight is the fastest way to go to all major cities in Thailand.
GerardButler
Freshman Poster

Post by GerardButler »

Tsar wrote:
April 1st, 2023, 3:28 am
Voyager1 wrote:
April 1st, 2023, 3:20 am

@GerardButler
What do you have to say in response to @Voyager1's post?

He's diminishing your intellect and status by comparing you to a piece of chewed gum stuck to someone's shoe. He's also implying that you contribute nothing to the forum and wants you to leave.
The hater is arguably the king of Internet Forums. Empowered by deep psychological issues, haters are easily able to overcome almost all adversaries with a plethora of offensive, yet deep, meaningful retorts. These comments made by haters often bear within them an alarmingly dense concentration of truth, which serves as a painful reminder to the target of his/her personal failings. However, I'm outside this space as a god. So Voyager comments are largely like a bee trying to sting the space shuttle.
I am an absolute visionary and a philosopher king :wink:
GerardButler
Freshman Poster

Post by GerardButler »

Yohan wrote:
April 1st, 2023, 11:45 am
GerardButler wrote:
April 1st, 2023, 2:54 am
Yohan wrote:
March 25th, 2023, 10:55 pm
Everybody can go there easily from Bangkok, by train, by long-distance bus, booking a flight, renting a car and drive yourself...
Chiang Mai is not easy to get to from Bangkok unless you fly. Traveling by train, bus or driving yourself takes more than 9 hours.
It's easy to travel around by long distance bus or by own/or rent a car in all Thailand.
It takes time of course, you are right. It's from Pattaya to Chiang Mai approx 820 km if you use the new toll roads from Pattaya - Bangkok....
It takes longer than 9 hours for sure, depending on frequent stops, weather and traffic expect 12 hours or more.

But the streets are fairly good, and there are daily cheap long-distance buses from Pattaya and of course also from Bangkok to almost everywhere in Thailand.

If you have time, why not? Leave early morning by express bus and arrive in evening, or use the night long distance bus, save one night for a hotel...

Bus is sometimes useful, if you have a lot of luggage or if you want to take your own small motorcycle (up to 150cc or so) with you.

Drive your own car is also nice, as you can stop everywhere you like....

Of course, domestic flight is the fastest way to go to all major cities in Thailand.
Traveling by night is dangerous as the driver may fall asleep. Everything else I don't really disagree with.. I would rather just take a flight and save 8 hours
I am an absolute visionary and a philosopher king :wink:
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

GerardButler wrote:
April 1st, 2023, 12:26 pm
[

Traveling by night is dangerous as the driver may fall asleep. Everything else I don't really disagree with.. I would rather just take a flight and save 8 hours
As a veteran of driving many tens of thousands of miles across the U.S. for almost 50 years, I would point out that when I would get drowsy and needed to pull over was usually in the late morning or early-to-mid afternoon. Never in late afternoon or night. In August I drove from Colorado Springs to San Angelo, Texas -- have to check, but I think around 650 miles -- without having slept any at all the night before. A half hour nap in the morning and afternoon, and I was good to go for the last 300 miles. YMMV, and I don't recommend driving on little or no sleep. But, I suppose like truck drivers, if you do enough of it you get to know what you can and can't do. Do pull over and get a short nap when you're drowsy -- you'd be surprised what half asleep for half an hour can do to wake you up.