Alpha Male Parenting - Teaching your Kids not to take Shit from anyone!

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Lucas88
Experienced Poster

Alpha Male Parenting - Teaching your Kids not to take Shit from anyone!

Post by Lucas88 »

Watch the video from around the 20:30 to 32:30 mark. Alpha male Jesse receives a phone call from his daughter telling him that some other kids pushed her in the pool. Upon hearing this, Jesse gets pissed off and asks his daughter whether it was intentional bullying or just an accident. Jesse's daughter assures her dad that it was just an accident, but Jesse insists that if it wasn't, or if some bullies ever try to push her in the pool again, then she should strangle those kids. Jesse's daughter is apparently a Jiujitsu phenom.

Alpha male parenting right from Jesse. Be tough, stand up to bullies, don't take shit from anyone!

I began Jiujitsu training when I was in highschool. The last time some bully started on me they ended up in an armbar screaming in pain as I wrenched on their arm and slowly took their elbow beyond the point of its natural mobility. Nobody ever tried to bully me after that. 8)

@Pixel--Dude
@WilliamSmith
@kangarunner
@willymonfrete
@WanderingProtagonist
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Alpha Male Parenting - Teaching your Kids not to take Shit from anyone!

Post by yick »

I am going to be that boring twat and take this from a perspective of where fighting skills lead you - I wouldn't say I was a hardcase but I put three kids in hospital with my bare hands (all of it was deserved) and though it solved those problems there and then - it's not something you can take out of school - you can beat people up in school and not go to jail, in real life - you go to jail even if it isn't your fault and you hurt them badly enough.

Fighting skills are good for competing in sports and being able to defend yourself but in real life, you have to walk away from idiots - some people actually do have nothing to lose as their life is f***ed up beyond all recognition and will happily stab you as you try to choke them out or come back with their pals and firebomb your house whilst you're asleep, this is how it is these days.

As an adult, the best you can get out of it is that they know not to attack you - they can sense you will put up stern resistance if they throw a punch at you as they just stand there shouting like a woman - that is the best result, anything other than that is a great risk of you going to jail, that person dying/getting badly hurt or you dying/getting badly hurt - this shit goes wrong sometimes.

If I ever had kids, it would be with a Chinese woman more than likely and I wouldn't put my kids in a British school where bullying, racism, drug taking, learning with ill behaved mongs from feral families etc would happen - unfortunately, a lot of good kids from good families have to put up with this shit as their learning experience because their parents don't have the money to live in a good catchment area - so learning fighting skills is a really good idea because they're in school with awful children from awful parents - but I would just take my kids if I had them and put them in a Chinese school in Lima Peru or if I was on megabucks - put them in a Chinese school in Penang, Malaysia or in Singapore - no drugs, no f***ing around - they can still learn how to do a rear naked choke or whatever but hopefully, they wouldn't be doing it as near as much as they would if they were stuck in some crappy high school in my home town.

We had no idea how to fight like kids these days with MMA and all those moves that can choke people out and break arms and legs - it was punches, kicks and headbutts but with the internet now - kids know all that good stuff, I wish I knew it back in the eighties - kids went to ju jitsu and karate in those days thinking that shit would work behind the bikesheds :lol:
Lucas88
Experienced Poster

Post by Lucas88 »

yick wrote:
November 11th, 2023, 5:53 pm
I am going to be that boring twat and take this from a perspective of where fighting skills lead you - I wouldn't say I was a hardcase but I put three kids in hospital with my bare hands (all of it was deserved) and though it solved those problems there and then - it's not something you can take out of school - you can beat people up in school and not go to jail, in real life - you go to jail even if it isn't your fault and you hurt them badly enough.
No, it's not being a boring twat; it's a perfectly reasonable position to take. It's always better to know effective martial arts and put your kids in good training programs for in case they ever need to defend themselves in a real-life combat situation, but an adept must understand what is and isn't okay from a legal standpoint and develop a sense of restraint so that things don't go too far. Fortunately, martial arts training can serve to demystify violence and show students just how easy it is to seriously hurt someone. Then in the mind of the martial artist violence becomes far less appealing.
yick wrote:
As an adult, the best you can get out of it is that they know not to attack you - they can sense you will put up stern resistance if they throw a punch at you as they just stand there shouting like a woman - that is the best result, anything other than that is a great risk of you going to jail, that person dying/getting badly hurt or you dying/getting badly hurt - this shit goes wrong sometimes.
This exactly! I've found that since I began martial arts training in the form of BJJ and MMA, I am now able to project a much greater aura of confidence and of being able to handle myself and no longer show any fear in the face of a hostile threat. I remember when I was walking alone in a somewhat rough part of Valencia - rough by Spanish standards but not that rough by British standards - and some big bullyboy guy approached me for a light and then tried to intimidate me with hostile body language. Already accustomed to what it's like to face off against other men in unarmed combat, I showed no fear whatsoever and the guy's demeanor soon changed to a more agreeable one and he just left me alone. In hostile situations the right body language and psychology can sometimes deter a potential assailant. Call it the art of fighting without fighting.
yick wrote:
We had no idea how to fight like kids these days with MMA and all those moves that can choke people out and break arms and legs - it was punches, kicks and headbutts but with the internet now - kids know all that good stuff, I wish I knew it back in the eighties - kids went to ju jitsu and karate in those days thinking that shit would work behind the bikesheds :lol:
We are currently living in a golden age of martial arts with the popularity of MMA and platforms such as YouTube showcasing all of the most recent technical innovations in disciplines as diverse as BJJ, no-gi grappling, wrestling, Muay Thai, Sambo, etc. Fortunately, I found a very good BJJ school not too far from my hometown when I was 15 and fell in love with grappling. But the MMA stuff that people are learning today is on another level of evolution. :)
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

Lucas88 wrote:
November 11th, 2023, 4:15 pm

Watch the video from around the 20:30 to 32:30 mark. Alpha male Jesse receives a phone call from his daughter telling him that some other kids pushed her in the pool. Upon hearing this, Jesse gets pissed off and asks his daughter whether it was intentional bullying or just an accident. Jesse's daughter assures her dad that it was just an accident, but Jesse insists that if it wasn't, or if some bullies ever try to push her in the pool again, then she should strangle those kids. Jesse's daughter is apparently a Jiujitsu phenom.

Alpha male parenting right from Jesse. Be tough, stand up to bullies, don't take shit from anyone!

I began Jiujitsu training when I was in highschool. The last time some bully started on me they ended up in an armbar screaming in pain as I wrenched on their arm and slowly took their elbow beyond the point of its natural mobility. Nobody ever tried to bully me after that. 8)

@Pixel--Dude
@WilliamSmith
@kangarunner
@willymonfrete
@WanderingProtagonist
I remember the bully in question. Are you talking about the asshole who cornered you in the bakery with all his buddies to support him? From what witnesses at the time told me you apparently told his buddies to f**k off or you'd break their ringleader's arm :lol: bet he had a hard time peeling his shit filled pants off after such an encounter. He probably thought twice about bullying someone in future, fact is you never really know who you're f***ing with! :mrgreen:

I've taught my daughter that she should defend herself, but never use violence unless warranted by the actions of others. Some boy pushed her over in the playground so I told her if he does it again she should demand to know what his problem is and if it continues she should punch him if the teachers won't do anything about it.

My mum told me that when I was in primary school I was bullied by some kid because I was really reserved and often isolated and alone. I took shit off this kid for months before I finally snapped and stabbed the shit in the eye with a fork. I was forced to see a psychiatrist after that. As usual the victims of bullying are often reprimanded as the culprits when it comes to violent confrontation.
You are free to make any decision you desire, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.
Lucas88
Experienced Poster

Post by Lucas88 »

Pixel--Dude wrote:
November 11th, 2023, 11:38 pm
I remember the bully in question. Are you talking about the asshole who cornered you in the bakery with all his buddies to support him? From what witnesses at the time told me you apparently told his buddies to f**k off or you'd break their ringleader's arm :lol: bet he had a hard time peeling his shit filled pants off after such an encounter. He probably thought twice about bullying someone in future, fact is you never really know who you're f***ing with! :mrgreen:
I am indeed talking about the bully who I fought outside the bakery but the witnesses' statement isn't completely accurate. I'll tell you what really went down that day. :)

I was at the bakery waiting in line when all of a sudden a known bully and overall ne'er-do-well from my college insulted me and we got into a verbal altercation. Upset that I had stood up to him, he left the bakery and came back with a group of buddies of his waiting to jump me outside. I was like "Damn, these motherfuckers are gonna beat me up as soon as I leave!" but fortunately some friends of mine entered the bakery and I immediately told them about the situation. "You got my back?" I asked them. "Sure!" they replied. When it was time to leave the bakery, I walked out with my friends and was no longer outnumbered.

With his tough guy reputation on the line and unable to jump me as he had originally intended, the bully was now forced to fight me one on one. My friends and his friends became nothing more than spectators. Strangely, the bully didn't come at me with strikes. He clinched up with me and tried a grappling approach but, unbeknownst to him, I was already a Jiujitsu blue belt and quickly ragged him down to the ground and mounted him. He told me to get off him but instead I took his left arm and put him in an armbar. I started cranking on it harder and he started screaming in pain as his group of friends looked on gobsmacked.

I could have bust his elbow by violently raising my hips in an upward motion but I just wanted to watch him writhe in pain as I incrementally put more pressure on his fully extended arm. Then a hysterical woman in the street came running up to the scene of the fight and started shouting: "You're gonna kill him! You're gonna kill him!". It made the whole thing even funnier. Lol! :lol: A friend of mine told her: "Calm down! You don't know what really happened." After that, understanding that I couldn't just break a guy's arm in the street in broad daylight, I released the hold and the bully got to his feet and returned to his group of friends with a look of horror on his face.

The fight was a classic example of a bully picking on the wrong person and getting put in his place. In fact, that guy was considered such a dickhead that even a teacher at the college congratulated me after he caught wind of the event. 8)

This is what an armbar looks like for those of you who are not familiar with Jiujitsu or MMA: