Evil Reddit Advice

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Evil Reddit Advice

Post by MrMan »

I've been poiking around Reddit for a while. I've heard a lot about it.

Looking at the advice sections, it looks like a place to go to get 'scorched earth' advice. A woman's husband say something about her being fat at a family gathering, and Redditors say to lose 180 pounds by divorcing him.

A young man's parents charge him rent through college, then give it all back to him as a graduation gift. He has the audacity to tell them to shove it up their backsides, telling Reddit they robbed him because he had to work a job (boo hoo) and didn't have as much time for his social life. Redditors cheer him on instead of calling him a jerk.

A guy knocks his girlfriend up, probably live in, claiming she poked a hole in the condom. Redditors idiotically claim he was 'raped.' He marries, has kids. His daughter from his previous girlfriend, who he had nothing to do with but pay child support, comes to his door, a grown woman wanting to know her dad only, and he coldly sends her away, rejecting her, after being raised by an allegedly abusive mother. Most Redditors cheer him on. His own wife thought that was cold.

And if you say anything against the trans insanity, they vote you down and you can get negative 'karma.' If you say something obvious on a popular thread, you can get lots of upvotes. But it seems like the _majority_ of advice and upvotes are evil or from foolish immature people based on what I've read.

Reddit-- the place to go to for evil advice.
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Re: Evil Reddit Advice

Post by kangarunner »

MrMan wrote:
April 28th, 2024, 7:27 am

Looking at the advice sections, it looks like a place to go to get 'scorched earth' advice. A woman's husband say something about her being fat at a family gathering, and Redditors say to lose 180 pounds by divorcing him.

A young man's parents charge him rent through college, then give it all back to him as a graduation gift. He has the audacity to tell them to shove it up their backsides, telling Reddit they robbed him because he had to work a job (boo hoo) and didn't have as much time for his social life. Redditors cheer him on instead of calling him a jerk.

A guy knocks his girlfriend up, probably live in, claiming she poked a hole in the condom. Redditors idiotically claim he was 'raped.' He marries, has kids. His daughter from his previous girlfriend, who he had nothing to do with but pay child support, comes to his door, a grown woman wanting to know her dad only, and he coldly sends her away, rejecting her, after being raised by an allegedly abusive mother. Most Redditors cheer him on. His own wife thought that was cold.

And if you say anything against the trans insanity, they vote you down and you can get negative 'karma.' If you say something obvious on a popular thread, you can get lots of upvotes. But it seems like the _majority_ of advice and upvotes are evil or from foolish immature people based on what I've read.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/261 ... ngagement.

According to a survey of U.S. adults conducted at the beginning of 2023, 44 percent of respondents who indicated using Reddit were aged between 18 and 29 years old. Reddit usage tends to be affected by users' age, with older users reporting lower levels of engagement
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FNHSiPFtvA

Big booty hunter. I'm out hunting for the booty.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

kangarunner wrote:
April 28th, 2024, 9:41 pm
MrMan wrote:
April 28th, 2024, 7:27 am

https://www.statista.com/statistics/261 ... ngagement.

According to a survey of U.S. adults conducted at the beginning of 2023, 44 percent of respondents who indicated using Reddit were aged between 18 and 29 years old. Reddit usage tends to be affected by users' age, with older users reporting lower levels of engagement
That actually explains a lot. Thanks.
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

The way Reddit works now is you have to join a group where everyone agrees on the premise of the group. You just say what they want to hear and you get tons of good karma. Everyone is preaching to the choir. Everything is strictly moderated. I guess this is the way they decided to keep the peace.