Not Jiving With The Typical American Mindset...

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
The Arab
Freshman Poster

Post by The Arab »

AmericanInMexico wrote:
well-informed wrote:I apologize OTB;

Well AIM there's a huge difference between me disliking the whole white race and me disliking you. So get it straight idiot.

I don't care if you're blue, white, black, green, etc ..... when you tell me what I am and what I'm not and i'm suppose to take it; then that's when i have a problem with someone. So shut your shut your eugenics faggot ass up

Entonces si no te convienes se me calla la boca hijo de la gran puta !!!
And you are ashamed of what you are, so ashamed that you steal another race's racial designation as your own.

You being proud to be Latino makes about as much sense as if I were proud to be Chinese. The real Latinos once ruled more than half of Europe and parts of North Africa.

You as a mestizo are not part of the Latino heritage. Be proud of your real heritage and not that of a different race.
No son, Arabs ruled Spain for hundreds of years.

Your Latino rant is senseless - Spaniards aren't referred to as Latinos anywhere and don't call themselves Latinos.

Not exactly sure when "Latinos" ruled "half of Europe." I'm a student of history and simply cannot recall this happening.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

The Arab
Freshman Poster

Post by The Arab »

oh, and the mighty Armada was obliterated by the English.
AmericanInMexico
Freshman Poster

Post by AmericanInMexico »

The Arab wrote:

Your Latino rant is senseless - Spaniards aren't referred to as Latinos anywhere and don't call themselves Latinos.

Not exactly sure when "Latinos" ruled "half of Europe." I'm a student of history and simply cannot recall this happening.
Moors (not Arabs) ruled the Iberian Peninsula for hundreds of years but did not rule Spain as in the Spanish nation; ie the Spanish people. Spaniards do in fact call themselves Latinos; I have friends from Spain and they consider themselves Latinos.

As for Latinos ruling half of Europe, have you never heard of the Roman Empire?
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

This thread was entitled "Typical American Mindset" and ironically ends up with bickering over race - one of the repetitive narratives and mindset of America - the ultra race conscious society. Oh, Yawn. Why not take a break and talk about the latest sex scandal - the other favorite narrative supported by the American media ? I think the OP got more than what he bargained for.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

I agree with MrPeabody, the OP got an example of the American mindset here. Race is such a boring topic, along with sex scandals, professional sports, and the weather, all of which are American favorites.
AmericanInMexico
Freshman Poster

Post by AmericanInMexico »

fschmidt wrote:I agree with MrPeabody, the OP got an example of the American mindset here. Race is such a boring topic, along with sex scandals, professional sports, and the weather, all of which are American favorites.
I only got involved because well-informed decided to bring up a thread that happened months ago. I don't know why he even had to mention me. He still feels sore simply because a few months ago I told him he isn't a Latino. Why can't he move on?
The Arab
Freshman Poster

Post by The Arab »

AmericanInMexico wrote:
The Arab wrote:

Moors (not Arabs) ruled the Iberian Peninsula for hundreds of years but did not rule Spain as in the Spanish nation; ie the Spanish people. Spaniards do in fact call themselves Latinos; I have friends from Spain and they consider themselves Latinos.

As for Latinos ruling half of Europe, have you never heard of the Roman Empire?
Son ..... brohem ....

"Moor" is a term Europeans used to described North Africans/Muslims, and specifically those who conquered Spain. There is no self-defined people that called themselves "Moors", and the term does not describe anything at all, not a race, or nothing, just a vague term for Muslims from North Africa, and was applied even to Turks.

They were Arabs, Arabized Berbers, and Africans, an extension of the Arab conquest of North Africa. These Berbers became arabized, became Muslims, and adopted Arab names and integrated into the Arab Empire.

The Berbers were the foot soldiers, the Arabs the generals, officials, and government.

Spain was called Andalus, the language spoken by the inhabitants was Arabic (and most native Spaniards became Arabized and took on Arab culture, traditions, and spoke Arabic.)

You actually think some Berbers just woke up and managed to conquer Spain ? Son, you are talking to a man of letters and a historian.

In 1492, Columbus sailed for the new world, and in that year, the last Arab Caliph of Spain was forced into exile from Granada.

In other words - most Spaniards today have Arab/Berber blood, especially in Southern Spain.
odbo
Veteran Poster

Post by odbo »

Some believe the Berbers were the ancient Egyptians. The figures suggest Berbers (now in Morocco) have the highest % of rh negative blood in the world, even more than the Basques.

Falcon
Experienced Poster

Re: Typical American Mindset...

Post by Falcon »

OTB wrote:It's seem like if you're different and think completely different than the average American guy you will not get along with a typical American girl or most American women. There are exceptions. I'll put it to you this way. I've always felt like I was too different for the average American broad. I'm not patriotic, I can't stand the country nor the shallow mindedness of the people, I love to travel for the sake of traveling and to get away from the country, I love international music; Brazilian, Flamenco, Salsa, Arabic music, I love learning languages and talking about culture and international history. A lot of American chicks would frown at that. That's too different for them.
I completely agree. I can talk about these things with my Mexican girlfriend, but not with many American college girls. There are also many other American girls who would love to converse with me about international things, but that would inevitably put me in the "friend zone," since such interests would make me appear "nerdier."

Good point you made.