A suggestion: Ignore threads which you find stupid!

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Jackal
Experienced Poster

A suggestion: Ignore threads which you find stupid!

Post by Jackal »

I see that some people here are getting annoyed with certain other people. However, in the process the annoyed people are just drawing more attention to the people who annoy them.

I think it's much better to just ignore stupid and annoying threads. It's much less satisfying for the people who post them. If everyone did this, these threads would just sink to the bottom, and if more people posted threads of substance, those would stay on top.

This would be much better than having every stupid thread escalating into a big digital catfight which is a total waste of time and energy and which keeps these stupid threads on top.
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

@Jackal,

I don't know about others, but I try to post things about substance...even if I were in the wrong in my rants.
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I agree. You can't control what others say, but you can control how you RESPOND. So take responsibility in how you are responding to others you don't like. It's often best to just simply ignore them, like I do. Or you can bash them back, as long as it doesn't get excessive.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
globetrotter
Experienced Poster

Re: A suggestion: Ignore threads which you find stupid!

Post by globetrotter »

Jackal wrote:I see that some people here are getting annoyed with certain other people. However, in the process the annoyed people are just drawing more attention to the people who annoy them.

I think it's much better to just ignore stupid and annoying threads. It's much less satisfying for the people who post them. If everyone did this, these threads would just sink to the bottom, and if more people posted threads of substance, those would stay on top.

This would be much better than having every stupid thread escalating into a big digital catfight which is a total waste of time and energy and which keeps these stupid threads on top.
1) Linux Only posts a thread to GENERAL entitled 'Clowning A Useful Idiot'
2) Since it's NOT in CT, I think 'What is he going on about? This should be interesting...'
3) I click the thread
4) I discover that it's CT and I give him shit for posting crap in General
5) Since I have already wasted my time since the thread is in general and it's not appropriate and I have already read it, ignoring the thread is already a case of the horses leaving he barn

BAN HIM.

CT will ruin this forum.

I guarantee it.
Jackal
Experienced Poster

Re: A suggestion: Ignore threads which you find stupid!

Post by Jackal »

globetrotter wrote: 1) Linux Only posts a thread to GENERAL entitled 'Clowning A Useful Idiot'
2) Since it's NOT in CT, I think 'What is he going on about? This should be interesting...'
3) I click the thread
4) I discover that it's CT and I give him shit for posting crap in General
5) Since I have already wasted my time since the thread is in general and it's not appropriate and I have already read it, ignoring the thread is already a case of the horses leaving he barn

BAN HIM.
Although I have my preferences, Winston hasn't yet explicitly said that posting CT threads in the general subforum is forbidden. And even if he does, I doubt he would ban someone over one thread in the wrong place.
globetrotter wrote: CT will ruin this forum.

I guarantee it.
You're preaching to the choir, but for any real change, you'll have to talk to Winston.
Grunt
Junior Poster

Post by Grunt »

Keep in mind the concept of "canned debate".

This is a disruptive tactic used by internet trolls to derail an otherwise functional discussion forum.

There is a very good chance that this is being used here.

That is why I ignore idiotic posts and idiot posters.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Why don't you guys listen to Jackal's advice above?
Last edited by Winston on June 10th, 2012, 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Winston wrote:I agree. You can't control what others say, but you can control how you RESPOND. So take responsibility in how you are responding to others you don't like. It's often best to just simply ignore them, like I do. Or you can bash them back, as long as it doesn't get excessive.
:shock:

Calling people mangina isn't excessive?
Calling people rednecks and hillbillies, etc isn't excessive?
Calling people cowards isn't excessive?
Calling people "Sambo" or "House Negro" isn't excessive?

Ok then...

What IS?
onezero4u
Freshman Poster

Post by onezero4u »

awesome advice
marriage is a 3 ring circus: engagement ring, wedding ring and then suffering.
All_That_Is_Man
Junior Poster

Post by All_That_Is_Man »

Jester wrote:
Winston wrote:I agree. You can't control what others say, but you can control how you RESPOND. So take responsibility in how you are responding to others you don't like. It's often best to just simply ignore them, like I do. Or you can bash them back, as long as it doesn't get excessive.

Ok then...

What IS?
+9999
"Manginas grovel. Men travel." - me (04/17/2012)

"I used to be one of those men who believed that men are better than women at everything. Then I stood corrected!
Women are better than men at... getting fat." - me (02/24/2013)

Black women suck at life.
OutsideoftheBox
Freshman Poster

Post by OutsideoftheBox »

All_That_Is_Man wrote:
Jester wrote:

Ok then...

What IS?
+9999
Can it with the cheesy "+9999" bullshit.

ATIM is such a cornball.