Is Outcast9428 a satanist?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Is Outcast9428 a satanist?

Total votes: 0
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Is Outcast9428 a satanist?

Post by Cornfed »

MrMan wrote:
March 27th, 2023, 8:33 pm
Cornfed wrote:
March 27th, 2023, 7:24 am
MrMan wrote:
March 27th, 2023, 7:10 am
If you read that verse, fornicators and adulterers are listed separately. Also, there is a warning in the other part I quoted against having sex with a prostitute, and sinning against your own body. A prostitute is already a prostitute, not a virgin.
Of course fornication and adultery are listed separately. Adultery is having sex with a woman married to someone else. Fornication in the negative sense is having sex with females in your community who might not otherwise be sluts. Sex with prostitutes was a normal thing in Christian and pre-Christian society, but that doesn't necessarily mean that everyone should do it. Paul may have thought it a bad thing for missionaries and such to do it, just like he thought they should ideally be celibate, not start businesses, not have families etc. Perhaps that was all good advice for them, but it is obviously not good general advice. If I advise people not to join the evil US military, it wouldn't generally follow that I am a pacifist opposed to militaries. This should all be very obvious. Why do you cling to your obviously anti-Christian feminism? It is quite simple. The Bible and leading Christian Fathers advocated prostitution. Hence prostitution is a Christian value. QED.
I just quoted I Corinthians where sleeping with a prostitute is fornication. It's not debatable.

Here are some quotes about ideas of influential theologians on prostitution.

Augustine wrote,
"Therefore, the prostitution of women, merely for the gratification of sinful passion, is condemned by the divine and eternal law."
https://www.tertullian.org/fathers2/NPN ... 17_1188097

This is a comment on Augustine:
This shift was away from the strict condemnation and uncompromising intolerance of prostitution by the early Church Fathers to a view of accommodation. Rossiaud maintains that the two major works which changed thinking about prostitution from prohibition to toleration were the second part of the Roman de la Rose and Thomas Aquinas’s Summa Theologiae. In light of such a recommendation, this study of Aquinas’s position on the practice of prostitution will focus primarily on the Summa."This shift was away from the strict condemnation and uncompromising intolerance of prostitution by the early Church Fathers to a view of accommodation. Rossiaud maintains that the two major works which changed thinking about prostitution from prohibition to toleration were the second part of the Roman de la Rose and Thomas Aquinas’s Summa Theologiae. In light of such a recommendation, this study of Aquinas’s position on the practice of prostitution will focus primarily on the Summa."
From https://www.medievalists.net/2009/12/aq ... stitution/
So basically they supported prostitution, as did the Biblical law.